ADVERTISEMENT

Wisky DC going to LSU?

JohnRossEwing

Assistant Head Coach
Jul 4, 2013
Sounds like it, I guess...

They wanted to dish out the cash to get one of the best...

This is the man they wanted. Any comments on Pelini as an option were just silly.

what is crazy about this is wiconsin first game next year is Lsu

As much as I hate it I respect the hell out of schools that will dish out the cash to get who they want...I am guessing this was a huge raise for him.
yea lsu pays the oc well over a million and every dc they get at least a million. he was making 500,000 at wisconsin

Good. After we took Coscrap off their hands, I love the fact that they are losing a good DC to another program that isn't on our schedule anytime soon. I hope the replacement flops.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SBCruzsalsa.gif

Last edited:
Never understood why we would celebrate other teams losing coaches, losing players, etc. The West is a joke as it is. Do we really want it to get appreciably worse? I much prefer the Urban Meyer and OSU approach that tells the rest of the conference to get better.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Never understood why we would celebrate other teams losing coaches, losing players, etc. The West is a joke as it is. Do we really want it to get appreciably worse? I much prefer the Urban Meyer and OSU approach that tells the rest of the conference to get better.
We need every advantage we can right now to rebuild. I feel our path back to relevance starts with winning the West most years and this helps

Yeah...but they don't matter in the end...especially if NU is winning.
I would love to see us just raise the salary level right now for the coordinators that we have. I say pay a million dollars a year base salary doesnt matter if you have to or not. I think this would do two things

1. The university and fans would expect million dollar results
2. If we do not get top flight results a million dollars would seem pretty attractive to a lot of coaches out there who may be able to get results

With all the TV money floating around there is no reason to sit on this cash

Reactions: jlb321
I think the road back starts with playing and beating some of the best. Bo has a pretty darn good record at Nebraska...but we all know that is the result of a crappy division. I would have loved to have seen him in games against better teams. Wisky is one team that we need to be good...and not a team that is going the wrong direction.

I would love to see us just raise the salary level right now for the coordinators that we have. I say pay a million dollars a year base salary doesnt matter if you have to or not. I think this would do two things

1. The university and fans would expect million dollar results
2. If we do not get top flight results a million dollars would seem pretty attractive to a lot of coaches out there who may be able to get results

With all the TV money floating around there is no reason to sit on this cash
Better get a HC who isn't family to his assistants.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT