ADVERTISEMENT

Wins Are Wins

Didn't see the game, but just watched the highlights on YT, and yes I know, Purdue is not all that good. So all the same, not seeing the drudgery of the 1st half miscues other than the ugly FG attempts, what stood out to me was DR's vision of the field and ability to perform his check downs. He really is all that's advertised. NU D seemed solid enough. On O, some of the play calling didn't look all that bad. Still plagued by mental mistakes, but I didn't see any fumbles and the PICK6 was cool but all on Purdue's QB. Purdue was obviously terrified of DR because their DBs were all over our receivers and were called for it a lot too. Would like to see better separation, but receivers seemed to be able to get just enough room. Seemed clear that NU was the better team and that the score should have been higher.

Last edited:
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

This is a game we lose the last 5 years. Maybe last 10 years.

Thankfully we have a QB that helps us overcome a shit ton of obstacles from years before and relieves a lot of pressure off of every one of his teammates shoulders. Defense included.

We are no longer a turnover machine. We can withstand completely shit awful play for 2 quarters and hang around. And if we can't run the ball, we have a kid that is a pretty freaking cool customer that can sling it a bit.

4-1.

Bring on undefeated Rutgers.

This is a game we lose the last 5 years. Maybe last 10 years.

Thankfully we have a QB that helps us overcome a shit ton of obstacles from years before and relieves a lot of pressure off of every one of his teammates shoulders. Defense included.

We are no longer a turnover machine. We can withstand completely shit awful play for 2 quarters and hang around. And if we can't run the ball, we have a kid that is a pretty freaking cool customer that can sling it a bit.

4-1.

Bring on undefeated Rutgers.
We beat Purdue last year

Reactions: Landomatic
Team played bad the first half. Not surprising. The energy around the team after last week was terrible. They figured it out. Hope springs eternal. Learn from it and win next week

Wasn’t pretty, but if you watched the game, we looked like we were 35 points better than Purdue. But we made too many errors and executed like we were 18 points better. So… not a great performance, but we showed we can be a pretty good team when we don’t beat ourselves.
Amen. We were the better team. It didn't represent that on the scoreboard at half. But we were dominant. Grateful for Rhule and company doing just that.

Didn't see the game, but just watched the highlights on YT, and yes I know, Purdue is not all that good. So all the same, not seeing the drudgery of the 1st half miscues other than the ugly FG attempts, what stood out to me was DR's vision of the field and ability to perform his check downs. He really is all that's advertised. NU D seemed solid enough. On O, some of the play calling didn't look all that bad. Still plagued by mental mistakes, but I didn't see any fumbles and the PICK6 was cool but all on Purdue's QB. Purdue was obviously terrified of DR because their DBs were all over our receivers and were called for it a lot too. Would like to see better separation, but receivers seemed to be able to get just enough room. Seemed clear that NU was the better team and that the score should have been higher.
DR seems to be good for about 30-60 yards of PI penalties. He throws it where defenders are put in a difficult position. You can almost add that to his passing numbers.

We beat Purdue last year
Purdue played like shit and we played out of our minds (before Jeff Sims nearly let them back in the game)

This year we played like shit for 3 quarters, and still won by 3 scores.

Make no mistake we are a better team than last year, but we’re still toeing that “Wisconsin and Iowa are gonna be squeakers” line that we have to get past.

Purdue played like shit and we played out of our minds (before Jeff Sims nearly let them back in the game)

This year we played like shit for 3 quarters, and still won by 3 scores.

Make no mistake we are a better team than last year, but we’re still toeing that “Wisconsin and Iowa are gonna be squeakers” line that we have to get past.
I'd like to think we'll beat UCLA, but it's all good or better teams besides them. Going to be interesting.

The only loss I’m resigned to at this point is O State. Anyone else we will be slightly favored or a slight dog (USC). Wouldn’t be surprised if we are favored in all but two more games.
It would be hilarious if OSU spent all that money to be just an above average BIG team.

This is how the Illini game should have gone.

Also, DR is the most calm QB I have ever seen at the CFB level.

Sloppy ass game. Seemed like we were actually interested in winning the second half although it should’ve been 7-0 at the break. Too finesse in the 1st half against this team. Emmett took RB1 duty over. He needs to start going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT