ADVERTISEMENT

Windstream kinetic TV and Internet anyone a customer?

bleed husker red

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Just had a walkup sales person at the door trying to get me to switch? Anyone using this service?

If yes, anyone want to share their experience, and how much they are paying?

Used to have Windstream years ago. Often low speeds vs policy. Very erratic service.

It's possible they have fixed that by now. I find them to be trying to charge pricing close to Spectrum, without offering the same level of service.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Windstream is okay. Better customer service and price than Spectrum. They make you use their modem, but the price was included. It required a phone jack which is an inconvenience for some. The range on the Wi-Fi is poor, basically about 500 sq. feet. The wireless speed near the modem or with an ethernet cable is good. No issues at all with the DVR or viewing experience though. I paid around $90/month for the second tier of their internet and the sports version of their cable package.

That being said, if you're looking for a change, I would recommend Allo internet with Hulu Live, that's the best bang for your buck/service combination I've found.

Just had a walkup sales person at the door trying to get me to switch? Anyone using this service?

If yes, anyone want to share their experience, and how much they are paying?
Windstream is about 4 options in rural areas, Verizon, us cellular and a local company, all to over priced imo

I swore them off about 13 years ago. They just put fiber in, hence the push for new customers. Spectrum has been fine, but they tend to try and increase the bill monthly with some new fee or tax

Had them at one time, no more. Price was too high, service was always in and out, and the customer service was awful. I have Spectrum and its $66 for really fast speed and never had issues with service or support.

Windstream is okay. Better customer service and price than Spectrum. They make you use their modem, but the price was included. It required a phone jack which is an inconvenience for some. The range on the Wi-Fi is poor, basically about 500 sq. feet. The wireless speed near the modem or with an ethernet cable is good. No issues at all with the DVR or viewing experience though. I paid around $90/month for the second tier of their internet and the sports version of their cable package.

That being said, if you're looking for a change, I would recommend Allo internet with Hulu Live, that's the best bang for your buck/service combination I've found.

Better price then Spectrum? Many places in Nebraska getting TV and Ultra internet (400 mbps) for $60/mth with a 36 month price lock and no contract

Definitely better price than Spectrum. $60 + box + DVR fee + modem fee + any cable package above basic + taxes = $120. That would be the last provider I would ever recommend. I had Spectrum before I went to Allo and they're terrible.

Definitely better price than Spectrum. $60 + box + DVR fee + modem fee + any cable package above basic + taxes = $120. That would be the last provider I would ever recommend. I had Spectrum before I went to Allo and they're terrible.

Nope Spectrum is $60 for cable package and Ultra internet combined with no contract and 3 year price lock. To upgrade to silver package is an extra $20/month, sure . $120/month would give you the gold package (that is literally everything) and Ultra internet. Spectrum is NOT like the old Charter.

We just have Windstream gigabit internet - it’s fiber and have had zero issues. Also, it’s a legit gigabit connection.

I did have Windstream quite a few years ago and it was TERRIBLE (I was really nervous about trying them again), but can’t complain whatsoever about our internet service over the past year.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Nope Spectrum is $60 for cable package and Ultra internet combined with no contract and 3 year price lock. To upgrade to silver package is an extra $20/month, sure . $120/month would give you the gold package (that is literally everything) and Ultra internet. Spectrum is NOT like the old Charter.
Funny they won't offer me.those prices. A customer for years. And those only exist because of competition called Allo. Spectrum/time Warner screwed me for years. I don't care what they do. Allo here I come.

Funny they won't offer me.those prices. A customer for years. And those only exist because of competition called Allo. Spectrum/time Warner screwed me for years. I don't care what they do. Allo here I come.

Ummmmmm, go online and get the offer

Ummmmmm, go online and get the offer
Went and checked. Had to act as new customer. Seems somewhat legit. Though i dont get the price for 36 months but only 1 year price lock in description.

Still hate Spectrum. Only offering this because of Allo. Ill still try the fiber internet with true 300Mbps up and down not affected by neighborhood activity. Better gigabit router. And Im liking Hulu live. If its not what its cracked up to be, I can always go back to the devil for a good price.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT