ADVERTISEMENT

Will Honas

So does that mean he has to sign by the 15th? Or can he still wait till February and then just enroll next fall?

So is it safe to assume since he didn't sign today that the odds are now he signs with Wisconsin?

That fact he has not yet signed tells me it’s us. He was all set for Iowa until we got into the mix. Probably wants to visit with the coaches more.

From OWH 5 hours ago: Nebraska starts school on Jan. 8. The last day to register for a full load of spring semester classes is Jan. 16. Iowa starts class on Jan. 16.

So if Honas visits Wisconsin in mid-January, advantage Badgers and Hawkeyes.

Honas just hasn't decided yet if he'll make the visit to UW.

"I don't have to rush to sign this week because I have until January 15," Honas said.

Reactions: huskerfan66
oh, i guess it was 6. callahan had 3 and riley had 2. maybe one more next year and then you can forget about it.

Also: if he happens to enjoy 5 loss seasons, moral victories, and a fan base with collective short man’s complex.
A 5 loss season would be a big step up for the huskers.

No, see—that’s where you’re wrong. While 5 loss seasons may earn you lifetime contracts in Iowa City, nobody else strives for Iowa Football’s definition of success.

But congrats on your 4-3 record against Nebraska since we joined the conference and your tenth 5-loss season in the past 13 years: for a program like Iowa, those are mighty impressive numbers. At this rate, you’re sure to earn that 2nd major bowl win since the 1950s any time now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
what we were & what we will be are totally different!

Says the Nebraska fan! I hope your right but I doubt this kid has the same scarlet tinted glasses we do. It makes a lot of sense if you look at it from a rational point of view

I’ve got a good buddy who follows Iowa about as closely as you can without being a stocker. And he says from what he is hearing Honas is Nebraska bound. Doesn’t believe he will come to Iowa. I hope he is right. He was actually pissed since most considered him an Iowa lean for a good majority of time. We will see how it plays out?!?!?

I watched his film - what a nose for the ball - reminds me of a Ray Lewis type LB. Hits the ball carrier with a brutal impact. Loved watching the film. How did he not get a scholly out of high school?????

I’ve got a good buddy who follows Iowa about as closely as you can without being a stocker. And he says from what he is hearing Honas is Nebraska bound. Doesn’t believe he will come to Iowa. I hope he is right. He was actually pissed since most considered him an Iowa lean for a good majority of time. We will see how it plays out?!?!?

Iowa isn't the team I'm most worried about, it's Wisconsin. The badger staff is very good at closing in on guys and they've been relevant in the Big10 West for some time.

Iowa isn't the team I'm most worried about, it's Wisconsin. The badger staff is very good at closing in on guys and they've been relevant in the Big10 West for some time.
The guy I talked to says Honas' brother (who plays at Kansas State), is saying 75% chance it's Nebraska, 25% it's KSU? Didn't mention Wisconsin at all? If he wants to enroll early at Nebraska he's going to have to make a decision before too long. Iowa and Wisconsin start later than us, and I believe he wants to enroll early. He got his info from the Iowa Premium Board.

I thought we were “late” to the game. :rolleyes:
If distance is a factor, Madison couldn’t be a worse choice. Why he would ever choose to play for a school who’s never won anything and wear that fat ugly W on your helmet when magic is gonna happen right up the road in Lincoln.

The guy I talked to says Honas' brother (who plays at Kansas State), is saying 75% chance it's Nebraska, 25% it's KSU? Didn't mention Wisconsin at all? If he wants to enroll early at Nebraska he's going to have to make a decision before too long. Iowa and Wisconsin start later than us, and I believe he wants to enroll early. He got his info from the Iowa Premium Board.

Hope you are right. The timing of things is what has me questioning. From what I heard, he was set on signing with the Huskers but there was a possible wrench thrown into the situation. That wrench is Wisconsin.

Reality is this, if he was going to sign with Iowa or Nebraska it would have happened yesterday, no if ands or buts about it.

Wisconsin entering the picture has changed the dynamic, he is giving them enough consideration that he told the others not so fast my friend.

I’m a member of the premium Iowa board and the word is nobody is in the lead for this guy until after a Wisky visit.

Reactions: WHCSC
Makes sense. Wisky has been pretty good with the LBs lately.

Makes sense. Wisky has been pretty good with the LBs lately.
that makes zero sense. it doesn't matter who has good LBs lately. well it might in an ignorant recruit's mind but it shouldn't.
NFL players come from everywhere and isn't determined by who your coach is or where you played college ball.
thats just some myth fans came up with to try to differentiate their school from others. neb / iowa/ wisconsin none of them are BETTER than others at making good LBs. Wherever the good LBs go to school is where the good LBs will come from

that makes zero sense. it doesn't matter who has good LBs lately. well it might in an ignorant recruit's mind but it shouldn't.
NFL players come from everywhere and isn't determined by who your coach is or where you played college ball.
thats just some myth fans came up with to try to differentiate their school from others. neb / iowa/ wisconsin none of them are BETTER than others at making good LBs. Wherever the good LBs go to school is where the good LBs will come from

Then why all the talk about how the new staff is going to make our players look better just from better coaching and scheme? A good player can look pretty bad with bad coaching and/or a bad scheme.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
We that seems like total nonsense to me.
How did NUproduce all those NFL lineman in the 80s and 90s? Do you think we won the genetic lottery in Nebraska?
The world is full of talented guys that went to schools that didn’t know how to mold their talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT