Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
There is one thing I have learned over the years is not to be surprised if Nebraska's next coach is someone totally unexpected.
This is what I'm afraid of. I better not have to Google the next coach to find out who he is. Unfortunately this is what I've grown to expect from Nebraska.

Riley will not have improved on the previous turd coach, who was fired, in his first three years. Luckily for Frost, the previous coach before him set the bar so low, that he cannot help but improve on the previous turd head coach in his first 3 years, and thus be afforded more time.

And I am accounting for all Riley toxins that Frost will have to deal with in my calculations. I will never underestimate the effects of the toxins, as Nebraska is the only college football team in the country that deals with the toxins at this level.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
hqdefault.jpg

THE TOXINS...

Frost must have been distracted by Nebraska talk this week. Not a great 1st half against an FCS opponent.

Florida will be Firing the Swamp Donkey very soon. Due to him saying he and his family has had death threats, they feel he violated his agreement and they can fire his with cause and save millions. They will be going after Scott Frost hard with a lot of money

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
Florida will be Firing the Swamp Donkey very soon. Due to him saying he and his family has had death threats, they feel he violated his agreement and they can fire his with cause and save millions. They will be going after Scott Frost hard with a lot of money
What makes you think they will go after Frost?

Just left Clematis Duffy's after Gator game. tOSU vs Pedo State was epic. All the drunk Gator fans calling for Coach Mack's head. Honestly, I think UF is a bigger fishbowl than Nebraska. Urban Meyer spoiled them. Still a great job for the right coach. GBR

A lot of money with death threats attached to it sounds so appealing.

Should be some good training for Frost at Florida then. Lets him develop recruiting relationships in the south and in another five years should he do well, he can come home to Nebraska. Win-win for everybody.

I think Dan Mullen will be their first choice. Florida's new AD came from Mississippi State. And Florida hasn't been very good since Mullen left.

Our OLD AD did not, but our new one did when he was at Miss St.
FWIW Most Gators think Frost is going to Nebraska, but he is most of our top wish.

And look for McElwain to be officially fired on Sunday.
Why is he at the top of the wishlist? Haven’t you heard that he’s not ready and he only gets mentioned for BCS level jobs because he was a former Nebraska QB?

wonder if the media will rail on or villify florida for firing another coach with a winning record...?

Reactions: TheNewNU
Yahoo Sports reporting tonight McElwaine could be relieved of his duties as soon as noon tomorrow. Randy Shannon interim, they're speculating.
Our insiders started saying this Friday. It is just a matter of details at this point.

Assuming both NU and Florida jobs open up, as seems very possible, I think the only reason he would come here is if he has some overwhelming sense of loyalty.

Florida has a few perks:

1. Recruiting. Not only talent, he's already in-state and developing pipelines. Recruits he's talking to go to UCF can easily transition to UF, only 125 miles away.

2. Money. Florida is paying $4.25M compared to Riley's $2.7. Now consider Florida doesn't have state income tax and that is an extra $225k he would save.

3. Lifestyle. Now, this is speculation on my part, but Frost seems like a coast guy. He went to Stanford, Oregon and UCF. He only went to Nebraska after it became obvious Stanford wasn't going to work out.

4. Husker nation gave him a good booing at home when he was a player. Is that something he still remembers or cares about?
Because its "Home".

If if if Frosty is our next head coach than suddenly all of the QB's on the roster are misfits. At the same time a player like Zac Darlington becomes attractive at QB again. Urban Meyer recruited Darlington rather hard. Zac would fit nicely in Scott's style offense.

SEC just cares more. By the time we fire Riley Frost is finishing negotiations. Moos get busy asap.
Just stop. Frost can't sign anything until the season is over. He is fully aware of NU's situation and he will likely know the minute the Iowa game is over whether or not we have an opening. IF he wants to come to NU, he'll wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT