ADVERTISEMENT

why not give Chinander a shot?

I don't see frost or any of the coaches going anywhere, they will all be back next year and continue building.
frost had to strip down the program and build it back up, somewhat like you would do with a old classic car.
now we are about 60% there, with work to do on the offense and special teams. next year I see us being about 80% done.

frost hired our dc, and that's just part of the plan. really beside gruden, any coaching change would be sideways at this point and would delay the correct results even farther into the future.
good things in life, take a lot of time.
GBR!

If we are 60% with these coaches after 4 years, what makes you think this bunch of assistants can get them over the hump?

two groups have grossly under performed. OL and QB (awareness, passing)

Amazing how people didn't want Chinander, then said he was okay, now HC? The guy isn't a HC...period.

Reactions: TheNewNU
people need to chil. two games left, lesss than a month. Are people unable to wait that long?

I don't see frost or any of the coaches going anywhere, they will all be back next year and continue building.
frost had to strip down the program and build it back up, somewhat like you would do with a old classic car.
now we are about 60% there, with work to do on the offense and special teams. next year I see us being about 80% done.

frost hired our dc, and that's just part of the plan. really beside gruden, any coaching change would be sideways at this point and would delay the correct results even farther into the future.
GBR!
Gruden?

Well his defense did get shredded for over 400 yards through the air on Saturday. His unit is the star of the team by far.
Lowest output of the season points wise, 90 yards rushing, and if we had any ounce of O their totals are less. That’s a pretty damn good offensive unit that we made work. Njigba killed us, but defense got a ton of stops

but you have to make room for a dedicated coach there. Fire those 2. Move Busch to a full-time role and hire the best OL coach money can buy.

Scott and Lubick can tagteam QB/WR/OC.
50 rising-star position coaches you need to know (on3.com)

Tried to find a coach on here that wasnt in a better job already. There were only a few OL coaches to begin with.

Liberty offensive line coach Sam Gregg

Recent jobs:
Liberty (2019-present), West Georgia offensive coordinator (2014-18), West Alabama offensive coordinator/offensive line coach (2008-13)

• Was part of helping Liberty go 10-1 in 2020.
  • Behind Gregg’s line, the Flames ran for a school-record 2,776 yards in 2020 and ranked No. 9 nationally in rushing offense (252.2 yards per game). Liberty also was 15th in the country in average time of possession (32:58).
  • Produced 48 all-conference players during his seven seasons as an offensive coordinator at West Georgia and West Alabama, including two All-American offensive linemen at West Georgia (Harley Vaughan and Austin Kastl).
  • Has coached 11 All-American offensive linemen throughout his career.
  • Worked at West Georgia with three other current Flames coaches (defensive coordinator Scott Symons, defensive line coach Josh Aldridge and cornerbacks coach Rickey Hunley). They helped West Georgia advance to the Division II playoffs four times in five years.
Probably a few on this list we may be able to poach as well.
Media — Joe Moore Award

Reactions: BleedRed78

GBR!
Lol.....so by your math we might be ready to roll midseason 2024. Frost has been paid a lot of $ over a lot of years to continue to fall back on the "I took over a dumpster fire" excuse. His organization and planning have been horrible. He has an 8-9 win roster right now and would have accomplished that level if it wasn't for shitty coaching. You can't blame the players after 4 years. I have confidence that Trev will right the ship.

if every phase played like the defense, we'd be a top 10 team easy.

thoughts?
He should absolutely get an interview. We might well have the best up-and-coming head coach on our own staff but are too obsessed with looking elsewhere. I would have fired Frost after the Purdue game and let Chinander show what he can do as an interim head coach. If he's willing to overhaul the offensive staff than it could work out well without much turmoil.

Reactions: donahues17
The guy that hates the "Left Coast Pass Happy Offense" wants to hire John Gruden.
look, I stated clear as day Nebraska needs to go back to running the ball like dr. tom , and not solich running qb's..

but what did I hear in return?

"oh we have to be pass happy, how is qb's like martinez going to go to the nfl if we are not pass happy? lets get frost!"

so sigh..I said ok..I guess....

now what I get from the crowd is , "fire frost! fire him now!"

so sigh....again.....I suggest if you want pass happy, if you want nfl, lets get gruden......

but I guess I'm wrong about that too...

s.i.g.h.

GBR!
Pure insanity. We could hire almost anyone who could do better than what frost has done. Guaranteed no matter who the next coach is he has a better conference record than frost by a considerable margin.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Pure insanity. We could hire almost anyone who could do better than what frost has done. Guaranteed no matter who the next coach is he has a better conference record than frost by a considerable margin.
I don't see that...frost has the d rebuilt, now is working on the offense and special teams

No kidding. We can't do better than the 2nd worst coach in the history of the school? Like come on. Recruiting is terrible this year. It will be terrible again next year because he'll be on the hot-seat the entire season. So that's likely two whiffs on the recruiting class to go along with most of their best recruits having transferred out from prior classes. This decision just delays the inevitable firing and prolongs the rebuild to competency.

You could always tell he was low IQ or midwit at best watching his interviews. Whipple seems intelligent and it stands out compared to the meat head Chins.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT