ADVERTISEMENT

Why James Franklin isn't elite

TheWayITellEm

Sophomore
Oct 25, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...equires-assistants-to-have-hot-wives.amp.html

"I've been saying it for a long time, I will not hire an assistant coach until I've seen his wife. If she looks the part, and she's a D-1 recruit, then you got a chance to get hired. That's part of the deal.
"There's a very strong correlation between having the confidence, going up and talking to a women and being quick on your feet and having some personality and confidence and being fun and articulate, than it is walking into a high school and recruiting a kid and selling him."
Franklin is wrong, as most guys are. But to state this so boldly, hot women can tell he's a joke. And others can sense it.

Acting confident won't help you with hot women in the slightest. They will instantly detect that you are desperate and weak.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...equires-assistants-to-have-hot-wives.amp.html

Franklin is wrong, as most guys are. But to state this so boldly, hot women can tell he's a joke. And others can sense it.

Acting confident won't help you with hot women in the slightest. They will instantly detect that you are desperate and weak.
Nick Saban has an ugly wife... Maybe their choice in a partner could give a small indication of their qualities or abilities, but that would be way down the list in any evaluation.

Nick Saban has an ugly wife... Maybe their choice in a partner could give a small indication of their qualities or abilities, but that would be way down the list in any evaluation.
Agreed. But good advice and true confidence probably helps.

Makes me (and any hot woman who heard that) want to see Franklin on a date. Hey I'm James Franklin, look at how confident I am. Instant sugar-daddy only LOL but serious.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Franklin or one of his assistant coaches strutting in with a hot date, loud voice...hey how are you, I know these people, you should have seen what happened yesterday so exciting..... she's instantly turned off.

All I'm saying is that you can meet any woman, even if she happens to be very good looking. Don't discriminate against them. Just don't brag, front, act confident, or say anything to make yourself look good.

seems either you're single or have an ugly wife.. otherwise why would it bother you?

all he is doing is trying to find out if a guy can actually recruit, and the metric he came up with, flawed or not, is if a guy has a pretty wife, then he must be somewhat good at sales, because pretty women have more options than non pretty women. Just like 5 star recruits have more options than 2 or 3 star recruits.

It's not meant to be offensive, it's just how he does it, right or wrong.

Last edited:
If Franklin said this today, he would be killed.

But his story is about being able to understand that "no" is probably the answer but you still ask.

Recruiting is sales.

I worked in sales for about 4 months and I hated it but the dudes that were good at it were amazing.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
There are a lot of confident coaches that are shiite. Just saying.

A more predictable measure is the amount of detail that a coach puts in the work with his or her team. Saban is a great example. Everyone around him knows he looks at every minute detail. Also having a talent edge doesn't hurt. Look at Hoiberg. I would imagine many small details are missing with his practices if we were to drill down. Also, the talent thing again. We have non DI players like Tominaga getting significant minutes, guys like Lat Mayen who should be at the G5 level, and guys like Trevor Lakes getting bench minutes that should be playing GPAC ball at a place like Hastings or Morningside. Just one man's opinion.

seems either you're single or have an ugly wife.. otherwise why would it bother you?

all he is doing is trying to find out if a guy can actually recruit, and the metric he came up with, flawed or not, is if a guy has a pretty wife, then he must be somewhat good at sales, because pretty women have more options than non pretty women. Just like 5 star recruits have more options than 2 or 3 star recruits.

It's not meant to be offensive, it's just how he does it, right or wrong.

Or, maybe that's a woman just posting her opinion. Who knows, any of the above (or below) could be correct.

Last edited:
But didn't Penn State beat Auburn, who almost beat Alabama? That surely means he's elite!

Or does the Big Ten Fanboys' Transitive Property only apply to PJ?

Well he is 11-11 over the last two years. Pretty crazy he got the extension he did. They could do much better

OP, you got any other decade old news you can post about? JFC, this quote is 10 years old. Get a life.
I'm actually trying to be nice and tell you guys how hot women really think. Which will make your insecurities disappear instantly, and you will be confident with the hottest women. I said Franklin is wrong...but no one asked me what is right...

All hot women with options think the same. And it's all about how we act...specific easy things that we can all do. Once we realize this, we feel a lot better. It's not a who can pretend to be more confident contest, it's not money, job, looks...it's not even charisma or speaking well.

It's specific behaviors. I will tell you a few....

Remember, this is for the hottest women you might think are hard to get, out of your league, difficult...

You can learn a lot about a coach by looking at his wife, but I've always felt you can learn more by looking at his mistress.
Having a mistress is a sign of insecurity. Because if you know you can meet a good-looking woman anytime you want....suddenly it's no big deal and you will put it off.

A guy who can get women doesn't care. And might purposely avoid women, wear cheap clothes, purposely act a fool or homeless just for laughs or a challenge. While watching guys like Franklin and his assistants being all concerned about their girlfriends.

But ok amigos....never answer her directly, as I said.

Don't respond to anything she says. She will test you...she will say she has a boyfriend, say some guy is hot or say she likes some crap that is not you. This is GOOD. This means she is trying to test you. Once you realize this, you will actually feel sorry for how pathetic she is for following the typical predictable crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT