ADVERTISEMENT

Why all the TO attacks

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
No...the bar has been set at Pelini. He wasn't good enough and I would agree with that. (Although that is a far cry from "he sucked.") Now, I don't expect any lowering of the bar. Even Tom acknowledged that we fans have set that bar way up there.
Pelini's bar includes being a f'ing disgrace of a human being

so if Riley's W-L record is equal or hell even a bit worse than Pelini's but he proves himself to be a respectable member of the human race then I am more than fine

I would though argue this program is at a crossroads - all the fans/players/coaches of course want titles but what if Riley fails in a big way at what point do the fans just want respectability or maybe winning seasons

Its been almost 20 years since we won a confer title. Yes I understand many remember the glory years and want a return to these but the kids playing the game today were not even born when we last won a confer title

Its not the fans fault but we are one of the few programs that have kept their expectations this high for so long with no success.

Originally posted by jlb321:
No...the bar has been set at Pelini. He wasn't good enough and I would agree with that. (Although that is a far cry from "he sucked.") Now, I don't expect any lowering of the bar. Even Tom acknowledged that we fans have set that bar way up there.

so if Riley's W-L record is equal or hell even a bit worse than Pelini's but he proves himself to be a respectable member of the human race then I am more than fine
If Riley's Win/Loss record is worse than Pelini's I hope he gets fired. I will wish him well...but I won't be "fine."

If Riley's Win/Loss record is worse than Pelini's I hope he gets fired. I will wish him well...but I won't be "fine."
That's gotta be a step up from the butthurt you currently feel.

Tim, Still bitter I see. You need to get out of the basement more often. I spent a beautiful day skiing. Spring weather, a real bluebird day. It was great. When we stopped and sat outside on Midway Lodge deck to drink a couple of pitchers of beer I had on a Nebraska hat. Nobody told me how awful TO was for hiring Solich and Bo.

Nothing to be bitter about. I do acknowledge your nut hanging though, just a new poster to add to the list. Multiple threads bumped last night, just for you, and you don't respond once. It's not a coincidence.

Glad to know you hit the slopes today, I'm sure there's some skiing forums you can circle jerk on. Funny part is, once you're done, you worry about me and post in this thread. Kitchen entered, go make me a sammich now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by SnohomishRed:

Originally posted by dinglefritz:
Originally posted by rrthusker:
Oh man. I hope this thread doesn't go down the crapper any faster.
You know the board rule, when facts don`t work make stuff up.
Advancing cognitive dysfunction would be a better term and all of us decline in health and cognitive ability as we age. I can go to the store these days, limp in, buy a whole cart of stuff, and then get in the check out line...... only to realize I forgot the thing I actually needed.
frown.r191677.gif
I'm 20 years younger than Tom and haven't had any cardiac issues. I think its been twenty years since he had bypass surgery?
This whole thread is about an article where Osborne talked clearly and in-depth about a range of issues. (Shoot, he was able to talk about the different defensive philosophies of the Big XII and Big X and spoke about how Bo failed to adjust...he spoke about the sticky wicket of stipends...he spoke about offensive philosophy with Riley...I could go on.)

I don't think the issue is his age. I think the issue is that "some people" don't agree with his well reasoned arguments. It's strange to me. These posters with their discombobulated conspiracy theories appear to be much younger than Tom. Who would have thought their senility would be so advanced?
TO sits on the CFB ranking committee - and I am sure watches a ton of games and also engages in discussion with other people in this committee who have experience and look at games very closely. As you get older yes you may forget something at the market but that does not mean your mind is blown. In fact experience more than offsets any issues as yu get older - there is of course a time when reasoning is affected that is not the case with TO
I did not say "his mind is blown". Have you listened to Tom much lately? Have you noticed how he repeats the same talking points repeatedly? Tom is far past his prime. That's not a bash. That's just the cruelty of aging. When you walk out of the football offices and forget where your parking spot is, its time to retire. I admired Tom. I admired the role model he was as a coach. He had an incredible mind and memory but it isn't what it was and his handling of Bo caused me to lose a good deal of the respect I had for him.

Originally posted by SnohomishRed:

Originally posted by rrthusker:
Oh man. I hope this thread doesn't go down the crapper any faster.
You know the board rule, when facts don`t work make stuff up.
Advancing cognitive dysfunction would be a better term and all of us decline in health and cognitive ability as we age. I can go to the store these days, limp in, buy a whole cart of stuff, and then get in the check out line...... only to realize I forgot the thing I actually needed.
frown.r191677.gif
I'm 20 years younger than Tom and haven't had any cardiac issues. I think its been twenty years since he had bypass surgery?
This whole thread is about an article where Osborne talked clearly and in-depth about a range of issues. (Shoot, he was able to talk about the different defensive philosophies of the Big XII and Big X and spoke about how Bo failed to adjust...he spoke about the sticky wicket of stipends...he spoke about offensive philosophy with Riley...I could go on.)

I don't think the issue is his age. I think the issue is that "some people" don't agree with his well reasoned arguments. It's strange to me. These posters with their discombobulated conspiracy theories appear to be much younger than Tom. Who would have thought their senility would be so advanced?
TO sits on the CFB ranking committee - and I am sure watches a ton of games and also engages in discussion with other people in this committee who have experience and look at games very closely. As you get older yes you may forget something at the market but that does not mean your mind is blown. In fact experience more than offsets any issues as yu get older - there is of course a time when reasoning is affected that is not the case with TO
I did not say "his mind is blown". Have you listened to Tom much lately? Have you noticed how he repeats the same talking points repeatedly? Tom is far past his prime. That's not a bash. That's just the cruelty of aging. When you walk out of the football offices and forget where your parking spot is, its time to retire. I admired Tom. I admired the role model he was as a coach. He had an incredible mind and memory but it isn't what it was and his handling of Bo caused me to lose a good deal of the respect I had for him.
Not sure why all the crazy talk about Osborne. He makes far more sense than you.

Good for you.....now go hug your tree,

Originally posted by SilentCommit:

It says a lot of great things about our values that we're still willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a polarizing figure that hated us. Most fan bases would unite in celebration over a coach's dismissal. We wring our hands in angst that we fired our tormentor.
Its called the Stockholm Syndrome

The MODS need to be consistent on their censorship. I'm not really PO'd that you deleted some of my posts. It's the fact that you've left similar posts intact that chaps my hide. Not cool.

This post was edited on 3/7 8:48 PM by bigboxes

Originally posted by bigboxes:
The MODS need to be consistent on their censorship. I'm not really PO'd that you deleted some of my posts. It's the fact that you've left similar posts intact that chaps my hide. Not cool.

Please...I've been banned for a week simply for copying and pasting the responses of others with ZERO commentary. You will get over it.

Please...I've been banned for a week simply for copying and pasting the responses of others with ZERO commentary. You will get over it.
I've had stuff deleted before. I got over it. Some of it was justified. However, seeing what is left un-deleted I am convinced this is not fair. I'm not you Tom. I'm a real person with real feelings. You are just a bot. You just want to get a reaction out of as many people as you can. If I'm treated like a troll like you then you have won. I am a Cornhusker. I've lived in Nebraska. I've traveled through Nebraska. I've attended UNL. Why am I being censored?

I've had stuff deleted before. I got over it. Some of it was justified. However, seeing what is left un-deleted I am convinced this is not fair. I'm not you Tom. I'm a real person with real feelings. You are just a bot. You just want to get a reaction out of as many people as you can. If I'm treated like a troll like you then you have won. I am a Cornhusker. I've lived in Nebraska. I've traveled through Nebraska. I've attended UNL. Why am I being censored?
I am not the one who deleted posts in this thread, so I don't know what got deleted and what should have been deleted because I haven't read all of this thread. I will say that sometimes posts get deleted unintentionally because a post they were responding to was deleted. With the thread format, that is what happens sometimes. So, if you got a post deleted, it may not be because of something that you did or said.

Oh hell, rather than feel the stress, why not just have an extra couple beers after work? You'll be ok......

Tom should of known about the real Bo and never hired him. All the talk about being young and growing in the role was a cover. My main problem with Osborne is how complicit he was in covering for his hire.

I understand what you mean Red. I believe Pelini was able to successfully mask his mental illness several years. Most likely fooled Dr Tom to the point of embarrassment.

Youngstown now has the Pelini problem.

copy and pasted the post from sltoa:

"Nobody knows how much success HCMR will have in terms of wins and losses.

But I do know this.

I have 3 boys between the ages of 7 and 11.

I try to impress on them the importance of decency, integrity, compassion and basically how to treat other human beings.

My job got easier when HCMR was hired.

I know that a lot of you are about winning percentages, bowl games, and championships.

And it doesn't matter how you get those results.

But it does to me. And it will to my sons."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sums up how many of us feel. I would expect a supposed "preacher" to get it, but apparently not.

"Nobody knows how much success HCMR will have in terms of wins and losses.

But I do know this.

I have 3 boys between the ages of 7 and 11.

I try to impress on them the importance of decency, integrity, compassion and basically how to treat other human beings.

My job got easier when HCMR was hired.

I know that a lot of you are about winning percentages, bowl games, and championships.

And it doesn't matter how you get those results.

But it does to me. And it will to my sons."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sums up how many of us feel. I would expect a supposed "preacher" to get it, but apparently not.
Seriously? The coach of Nebraska football has an impact on your ability to teach your kids decency, integrity, and compassion?

I would bet the answer is that it sure helps to have the head coach of Nebraska projecting a positive image as an example of how to carry yourself as a person ...Youth are always looking for adult role models and in the state you wont find someone better to look up to than the coach of the University that so many love to cheer for

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT