ADVERTISEMENT

Why all the TO attacks

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
hb13, please don't quote that idiot anymore, some of us have him on ignore for a reason. His latest response is wrong, way wrong, and shows he's a part of another message board where facts are far and few between. Geezus christ that was a terrible read. My goodness.

This post was edited on 3/6 8:06 AM by HuskerTimOmaha
1. For someone who has put me on ignore, you sure read a lot of my posts.

2. What I stated is exactly as was "reported" on this very board, to the best of my recollection Keeping in mind that I have other things I do with my life.

3. Thanks for proving my point-that someone would immediately say that I don't "know the real details which were much worse blah, blah, blah".

4. Idiot? Is that because you think you could con me into paying sticker price? or buying a car that was dragged out of a swamp? Or because you think you are good at being an internet bully? Are those admirable qualities that we should all aspire to?

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:

Yeah his story is...a little bit off. Not surprising.
That's not the only thing off with that poster.
I'm just guessing I have a more responsible position, more education, more recognition in what I do, and a better reputation at what I do for a living than you do.

But let's leave it at that. Board rules, you know.

TO claims he is NU, he had no respect for AD and announced Solich. Took his name off field if not getting his way. Doesn't support HCMR since he isn't his guy. It's all about him, hmmmm.

Originally posted by WestCoastCornhusker:

TO claims he is NU, he had no respect for AD and announced Solich. Took his name off field if not getting his way. Doesn't support HCMR since he isn't his guy. It's all about him, hmmmm.
Ill take things Tom Osborne never actually said or did for 1000 Alex

lock--key.jpg
Almost time for this?

Pretty simple, fans of Pelini then the Huskers hence the combination of the two followed by the word fans, not statement.

Callahan was talked about for years, and people expect Pelini to be dropped 3 months after he was canned?! Not gonna happen. He threatened a fan, told the entire fan base to f*** off, he dared the administration to can him, he embarrassed the University and state multiple times, crapped over traditions, disrespected former players and coaches and acted like a bitch in his "farewell to the players".

So no, people aren't gonna drop it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Thank you for stating this.

Some people man. In that very thread they are still bitching about Callahan but Bo is somehow off limits

I agree with one thing written in this thread. If Mike Riley fails then all the knuckleheads who can write nothing but bad things about TO and are consumed by their hatred for Bo will be the first ones to proclaim what a stupid idea it was for Eichorst to hire Riley. These knuckleheads are good at hate and spewing their venom. Not much else

Originally posted by mwulf:
Originally posted by WestCoastCornhusker:

Ill take things Tom Osborne never actually said or did for 1000 Alex
Exactly. Those are flat out untruths. How in the world does speaking kindly of Riley, setting up a lunch with him, talking to him about the Blackshirts, recruiting, and running the ball equate to no support?

P.S. Please for the love of all humanity and every living thing, stop with the "HCMR" nonsense.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:

P.S. Please for the love of all humanity and every living thing, stop with the "HCMR" nonsense.
How about you knock it off. How can a man of Osborne's demeanor and character defend FHCBP? It had to be embarrassing for him, not just the state and the school. I have to think that TO's pride just got the better of him when he couldn't admit that he was wrong. Really wrong.

Originally posted by bigboxes:

How about you knock it off. How can a man of Osborne's demeanor and character defend FHCBP? It had to be embarrassing for him, not just the state and the school. I have to think that TO's pride just got the better of him when he couldn't admit that he was wrong. Really wrong.
any grown man who's vocabulary features the c word (rhymes with hunt) and uses it when addressing a group of young men is a POS and who ever hired him isn't a very good judge of character

As many have stated on this board previously, TO is in failing health and likely developing dementia. Is sad to see our family age but it happens to all of them.
Paterno made decisions when he got older that he would have never made in his earlier years.
Father Time is undefeated.

This post was edited on 3/6 6:42 PM by OwlsRule

I think everyone likes Tom Osborne as a coach and acknowledges that he is an amazing coach.

However, I think it's fair to say that he sucks at picking head football coaches and that he is clearly bitter about his choices not working out.

Originally posted by OwlsRule:
As many have stated on this board previously, TO is in failing health and likely developing dementia. Is sad to see our family age but it happens to all of them.
Paterno made decisions when he got older that he would have never made in his earlier years.

What? Really....details?

What? Really....details?
Oh man. I hope this thread doesn't go down the crapper any faster.

Originally posted by Clevinger:
I think everyone likes Tom Osborne as a coach and acknowledges that he is an amazing coach.

However, I think it's fair to say that he sucks at picking head football coaches and that he is clearly bitter about his choices not working out.
A fair person would say that he picked two coaches who experienced a good amount of success. Both won at a 70% plus clip. Solich had a conference title, a top three finish and a title game appearance. Pelini had three CCG appearances. Neither coach was at the level of TO and both were ultimately not up to the demands of the position.

Originally posted by inWV:

A fair person would say that he picked two coaches who experienced a good amount of success. Both won at a 70% plus clip. Solich had a conference title, a top three finish and a title game appearance. Pelini had three CCG appearances. Neither coach was at the level of TO and both were ultimately not up to the demands of the position.
+1; they looked like solid picks at the time too

No, Tim, you are the one who is so obsessed with Bo Pelini. I am sure next fall you will provide us with regular updates on YSU football's team. For the umpteenth time Bo is gone. Let's move on to Mike Riley. He's the coach now. Let's hope he is successful. I've read where Mike realizes he is at Nebraska to win. I think he knows a mediocre record will not be accepted. It is probably in Mike's best interest to be publically deferential to TO, but I don't think they need to be best friends for Mike to be successful. I trust TO will not do anything to be an obstacle to Mike's success.

I'm obsessed with Pelini? Hilarious, I guess nobody can comment on a guy that coached at Nebraska, and shit all over the University and state, for 7 years. F*** the fans, kiss his ass on the way out the door, AD is a c***, fire me now but golly me, don't say a word about him or you'll be considered obsessed.

By all means, it's alright to talk about Callahan, someone that hasn't been around in 7 years. GTFO with that nonsense. You want to look the other way like none of the above ever happened, go right ahead and do it.

There's multiple threads on either Riley, winter conditioning, spring practice, player interviews, Husker pro day, etc - how many of them have you posted in to discuss what's going on NOW?

I already know the answer so save the time, and spare me the preaching.

Exactly. Even though after TO retired Frank & Bo didn't make it to TO's or Devaney's level they were both massively more successful than the other HC our AD picked.

Originally posted by sparky62:

What? Really....details?
You know the board rule, when facts don`t work make stuff up.

Originally posted by bshirt73:

Exactly. Even though after TO retired Frank & Bo didn't make it to TO's or Devaney's level they were both massively more successful than the other HC our AD picked.
On the contrary, a fair person would say that this thread is exhibit A in what picking a bad fit for leadership will do to your culture. We're going to be arguing about Pelini (and Osborne's selection of him) ad nauseum because he fostered a culture of division. It says a lot of great things about our values that we're still willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a polarizing figure that hated us. Most fan bases would unite in celebration over a coach's dismissal. We wring our hands in angst that we fired our tormentor. In all things business, hire slow, fire fast. Last time around we failed at this.

Originally posted by rowdy roddy piper:

Pretty simple, fans of Pelini then the Huskers hence the combination of the two followed by the word fans, not statement.

Callahan was talked about for years, and people expect Pelini to be dropped 3 months after he was canned?! Not gonna happen. He threatened a fan, told the entire fan base to f*** off, he dared the administration to can him, he embarrassed the University and state multiple times, crapped over traditions, disrespected former players and coaches and acted like a bitch in his "farewell to the players".

So no, people aren't gonna drop it.
MODS. Since the made up word "huskerlini" is allowed am I now allowed to use the term "debras" when referencing negative people? Its pretty much the same thing, a condensed word from the term " debbie downer" just like pelini > huskers = huskerlinis. I would appreciate a serious answer. Thanks in advance.

Bump for mods. I would appreciate an answer, thanks. If this needs to done by email please let me know. I can email also.

Originally posted by SilentCommit:
Originally posted by bshirt73:

On the contrary, a fair person would say that this thread is exhibit A in what picking a bad fit for leadership will do to your culture. We're going to be arguing about Pelini (and Osborne's selection of him) ad nauseum because he fostered a culture of division. It says a lot of great things about our values that we're still willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a polarizing figure that hated us. Most fan bases would unite in celebration over a coach's dismissal. We wring our hands in angst that we fired our tormentor. In all things business, hire slow, fire fast. Last time around we failed at this.
Hindsight is 20/20. When Pelini was hired, I do not remember anyone arguing that he would be "bad fit for leadership". But ultimately that revealed itself. His approach of pitting the players against the fan base was wrong. But at the time he was hired, I would say most folks were excited that he would address the rotting carcass that was our defense.
Callahan failed. Solich and Pelini did not fail per se. In Frank's case, I think the perception was that the program was going in the wrong direction, especially in talent level. Whether that was the case is an argument for the ages. In Pelini's case, it really comes down to the fact that he likely doesn't have the temperament to run a Power Five FB program.
But in the latter two cases, the firings were not of the "clear cut" category. And anyway, why would any fan celebrate? Failure isn't celebrated where I come from. As far as my reactions, in the case of Solich, slightly shocked. In the case of Callahan, well, we knew that was going to happen. In the case of Pelini, relief that the drama had ended, but apprehensive in terms of finding a coach.

P.S. So that's 3000.

This post was edited on 3/7 8:31 AM by inWV

Originally posted by rrthusker:
Advancing cognitive dysfunction would be a better term and all of us decline in health and cognitive ability as we age. I can go to the store these days, limp in, buy a whole cart of stuff, and then get in the check out line...... only to realize I forgot the thing I actually needed.
frown.r191677.gif
I'm 20 years younger than Tom and haven't had any cardiac issues. I think its been twenty years since he had bypass surgery?

This is only my opinion, but Osborne's comments lately seem more to me like he's just getting tired. Tired of people asking his opinion on everything, tired of having to explain what he thinks is a good record is at NU, or defending someone who he thought was a good man deep down, etc. I bet he really likes Mike Riley. It seems like they'll get along great. But he's not the AD anymore, people badmouth his football hire (and friend...? I honestly don't know what their relationship was like), and want him to jump into the fray. I think he just feels bad that Bo didn't work out, wishes Riley the best, and will help out from a distance when needed, like a normal former coach.

Originally posted by dinglefritz:
Advancing cognitive dysfunction would be a better term and all of us decline in health and cognitive ability as we age. I can go to the store these days, limp in, buy a whole cart of stuff, and then get in the check out line...... only to realize I forgot the thing I actually needed.
frown.r191677.gif
I'm 20 years younger than Tom and haven't had any cardiac issues. I think its been twenty years since he had bypass surgery?
This whole thread is about an article where Osborne talked clearly and in-depth about a range of issues. (Shoot, he was able to talk about the different defensive philosophies of the Big XII and Big X and spoke about how Bo failed to adjust...he spoke about the sticky wicket of stipends...he spoke about offensive philosophy with Riley...I could go on.)

I don't think the issue is his age. I think the issue is that "some people" don't agree with his well reasoned arguments. It's strange to me. These posters with their discombobulated conspiracy theories appear to be much younger than Tom. Who would have thought their senility would be so advanced?

No...as has been pointed out, it's not really fair to say. In fact, that is one of the dumber comments I have read on this board.

Has he picked out National Championship winning coaches? No. Have these guys sucked? It's kind of hard to say that guys that win at a .700+ clip suck. If you believe that then you surely have not followed college football all that closely over the last 25 years.

No...as has been pointed out, it's not really fair to say. In fact, that is one of the dumber comments I have read on this board.

Has he picked out National Championship winning coaches? No. Have these guys sucked? It's kind of hard to say that guys that win at a .700+ clip suck. If you believe that then you surely have not followed college football all that closely over the last 25 years.
he picked a running backs coach to take over one of the most successful programs in the history of college football coming off 3 national title in 4 years. A coach who had ethical issues during his time at Neb and would later go on to load up on ecstasy, pass out in his car facing the wrong way in traffic and claim that someone spiked his drink.

His next hire was a raging lunatic who told the fan base to F off, was a national disgrace and continues to be a naitonal joke even after his departure, and on his way out reached deep into his extensive vocabulary to drop terms like p**** and c*** in his inspirational speech to the young men he was hired to lead.

Originally posted by dinglefritz:
frown.r191677.gif
This whole thread is about an article where Osborne talked clearly and in-depth about a range of issues. (Shoot, he was able to talk about the different defensive philosophies of the Big XII and Big X and spoke about how Bo failed to adjust...he spoke about the sticky wicket of stipends...he spoke about offensive philosophy with Riley...I could go on.)

I don't think the issue is his age. I think the issue is that "some people" don't agree with his well reasoned arguments. It's strange to me. These posters with their discombobulated conspiracy theories appear to be much younger than Tom. Who would have thought their senility would be so advanced?
TO sits on the CFB ranking committee - and I am sure watches a ton of games and also engages in discussion with other people in this committee who have experience and look at games very closely. As you get older yes you may forget something at the market but that does not mean your mind is blown. In fact experience more than offsets any issues as yu get older - there is of course a time when reasoning is affected that is not the case with TO

Originally posted by jlb321:
he picked a running backs coach to take over one of the most successful programs in the history of college football coming off 3 national title in 4 years. A coach who had ethical issues during his time at Neb and would later go on to load up on ecstasy, pass out in his car facing the wrong way in traffic and claim that someone spiked his drink.

His next hire was a raging lunatic who told the fan base to F off, was a national disgrace and continues to be a naitonal joke even after his departure, and on his way out reached deep into his extensive vocabulary to drop terms like p**** and c*** in his inspirational speech to the young men he was hired to lead.
If only we could have hired a coach who coached in something big...like the Super Bowl!

Originally posted by huskerj12:
This is only my opinion, but Osborne's comments lately seem more to me like he's just getting tired. Tired of people asking his opinion on everything, tired of having to explain what he thinks is a good record is at NU, or defending someone who he thought was a good man deep down, etc. I bet he really likes Mike Riley. It seems like they'll get along great. But he's not the AD anymore, people badmouth his football hire (and friend...? I honestly don't know what their relationship was like), and want him to jump into the fray. I think he just feels bad that Bo didn't work out, wishes Riley the best, and will help out from a distance when needed, like a normal former coach.
This sounds about right.

If only we could have hired a coach who coached in something big...like the Super Bowl!
ahh yes .... setting the bar at Callahan

No...the bar has been set at Pelini. He wasn't good enough and I would agree with that. (Although that is a far cry from "he sucked.") Now, I don't expect any lowering of the bar. Even Tom acknowledged that we fans have set that bar way up there.

Ah, the fans are to blame for expectations. This shit has no end.

Someone post the quotes from Pelini stating he knows this program is about championships.

Nice catch TT. Frank looked pretty good as long as Charlie was still at his post. The wheels weren't coming off at the end, but they looked a little loose. There was no reason to think Callahan wouldn't be able to do the job. In reality, he is an excellent Oline coach and a student of the game. And Bo was marketed as a defensive guru. I think the thing all of these guys have in common is that they are not HC material for a program of NU's level.

This post was edited on 3/7 8:47 PM by inWV

This post was edited on 3/7 8:48 PM by inWV

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT