ADVERTISEMENT

Why a 7 year contract?

Who else do you want. Hire a Nebraska guy "we didnt get the best guy for the job" hire an out sider " we should hire a Nebraska guy" The huskers have been a mess for the better part of 20 years. You want T.O football. This is what it looks like in this day and age. The offense might look different but the way he is trying to run it is TO football.

Reactions: jeans15
Who else do you want. Hire a Nebraska guy "we didnt get the best guy for the job" hire an out sider " we should hire a Nebraska guy" The huskers have been a mess for the better part of 20 years. You want T.O football. This is what it looks like in this day and age. The offense might look different but the way he is trying to run it is TO football.

Minus the discipline, lack of toughness on offense and defense and lack luster play calling on offense and defense is just like TO..lol

Yep, Frost was a no-brainer hire at the time (National Coach of the Year, Hometown Hero).

Matt Campbell is a better coach and would have been a better hire. But the fan base would have been livid if we hired him over Frost.

A good coach would be 6-1 with this schedule.
C'mon man. You can't really believe that. We've got a soph starting at OG whose only offers were to FCS schools and a freshman starting at center. Farniok? Not good. Mo Barry is about 25 lbs too light and the young LBers are suffering horrible growing pains. Our biggest problem is our O line followed by our linebackers and the safety injuries. IF you're linebackers are weak and you're playing you're 4th to 6th safeties, you're probably going to struggle to stop the run.

Yep, Frost was a no-brainer hire at the time (National Coach of the Year, Hometown Hero).

Matt Campbell is a better coach and would have been a better hire. But the fan base would have been livid if we hired him over Frost.
Campbell would fare no better with the dumpster fire Riley left Frost and the fan base would have run him out of town THIS year.

C'mon man. You can't really believe that. We've got a soph starting at OG whose only offers were to FCS schools and a freshman starting at center. Farniok? Not good. Mo Barry is about 25 lbs too light and the young LBers are suffering horrible growing pains. Our biggest problem is our O line followed by our linebackers and the safety injuries. IF you're linebackers are weak and you're playing you're 4th to 6th safeties, you're probably going to struggle to stop the run.

I believe that..been watching new coaches for 30 years.

No doubt they would.

You dont say a coach is good cause he has the most talent.

It's what he does with the talent he has.

Regardless of that, technique is horrible. O-Line not getting hands into guys and controlling. A lot of tackles made on running QB tonight from O-Line just standing in way and not engaging and defensive player able to easily "disengage" and tackle legs from behind.

Reactions: jeans15
Regardless of that, technique is horrible. O-Line not getting hands into guys and controlling. A lot of tackles made on running QB tonight from O-Line just standing in way and not engaging and defensive player able to easily "disengage" and tackle legs from behind.

Tackling angles are junior high level.

Well somewhat . The administrators who hired the last 3 football coaches before Frost bear a large deal of responsibility. Riley inherited a dysfunctional mess from Bo and turned it in to a full blown dumpster fire. THIS IS GOING TO TAKE MORE THAN A YEAR AND A HALF TO FIX.
So, the guy that won 9 or 10 games every year created a dysfunctional mess? That's an interesting take....and I don't think that Riley is the piece of garbage many on here say he is.

Tackling angles are junior high level.
We often took ourselves out of plays with bad fits. Our safeties were terrible. Our only hope is that this past DB and O line class is really good and a couple of linebackers grow up fast. Hannah, Henrich and Snodgrass NEED to be good. Nelson is already a stud but makes too many freshman mistakes. HE is what we need at OLBer.

Moos has it made though, If or when Frost fails and the fans want him out, Moos can just say 'hey, the fans demanded I hire Frost, it's not my fault it didn't work out.' It was a win win for Moos to hire Frost. If he works he's the guy that hired Frost, if it doesn't the fan base wouldn't have taken anyone else anyway so not his fault.

So, the guy that won 9 or 10 games every year created a dysfunctional mess? That's an interesting take....and I don't think that Riley is the piece of garbage many on here say he is.
I would say the majority of non-message board posters would agree with that take Mary Pat. When you have players with pictures of their former head coach hanging in their lockers like some voodoo idol there might have been a problem. When you say the things he did on the way out the door, there might have been a problem. When a TOM OSBORNE admits publicly that he made a mistake by hiring him, there might have been a problem. My problem with Bo was never the record. It was always the other crap. He sh## on Osborne and the fan base.

Moos has it made though, If or when Frost fails and the fans want him out, Moos can just say 'hey, the fans demanded I hire Frost, it's not my fault it didn't work out.' It was a win win for Moos to hire Frost. If he works he's the guy that hired Frost, if it doesn't the fan base wouldn't have taken anyone else anyway so not his fault.
Frost isn't going to fail.

Frost isn't going to fail.
I really hope he doesn't. It would suck for him to end up like Frank and never be able to return home without being seen as a failure. But after nights like tonight you start to wonder.

I really hope he doesn't. It would suck for him to end up like Frank and never be able to return home without being seen as a failure. But after nights like tonight you start to wonder.
Sure doubt creeps in BUT Frost has WAY more going for him than Frank from a recruiting standpoint especially. Frost is a very bright guy and he knows where he's going. This is going to take more time than some of us thought. We SHOULD have listened to some of the former Husker players pumping the brakes on the fluff. I listened to SEVERAL former players say that IF this team could make a bowl game this year should be considered a success. They got VERY quiet when somebody asked them about some of our roster. They watched spring ball. They KNEW what we had for talent and they KNEW this could be another tough year.

I would say the majority of non-message board posters would agree with that take Mary Pat. When you have players with pictures of their former head coach hanging in their lockers like some voodoo idol there might have been a problem. When you say the things he did on the way out the door, there might have been a problem. When a TOM OSBORNE admits publicly that he made a mistake by hiring him, there might have been a problem. My problem with Bo was never the record. It was always the other crap. He sh## on Osborne and the fan base.
1) That's interesting. I just Googled "Husker players with pictures of former coach in lockers", and nothing like you describe popped up. Have a link or reference to that?

2) There was some truth to what Pelini said about the fan base. Just read some of the comments on here. It would also appear that he was right about what would happen after he was gone.

1) That's interesting. I just Googled "Husker players with pictures of former coach in lockers", and nothing like you describe popped up. Have a link or reference to that?

2) There was some truth to what Pelini said about the fan base. Just read some of the comments on here. It would also appear that he was right about what would happen after he was gone.
There were multiple news stories that mentioned it. Tommy Amstrong was one of them. There were multiple defensive players as well. Asking for a link for something like that is bullsh##. The truth comes out. So are you his kid or his wife or just another one of his golf and drinking buddies.

Why is it so hard for everybody to believe that this team just is not going to be very good for quite a few years. I know everybody likes to be optimistic but be realistic Huskers are just not that good and it starts with a line until we get a line back and block we’re going to be poor to say the least.

Fan base deserved it

Fan base deserved it
No way. Most of the fan base supported that clown to the bitter end. He got WAY more rope from Tom and NU than he would have gotten anywhere else in the world. He didn't win enough to get away with the way he acted. IF he hadn't gotten blown out repeatedly MAYBE he gets more slack ,but he cut his own sack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT