ADVERTISEMENT

When do we stop labeling the Big12 a power conference?

• Thread starter anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
  • Start date
Add UCF and USF. That would help in many ways. Want better basketball, too? Go to 14 with Memphis and Cincinnati.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Add UCF and USF. That would help in many ways. Want better basketball, too? Go to 14 with Memphis and Cincinnati.
It would still feel lightweight in football.
But if i were them its what i would try.

At this point, it would be like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The University of Texas is like a gaping black hole. It destroys anything that gets too close.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I don't think the B12 has any reason to hang their heads. Like most leagues, there are some really quality teams at the top and a bunch of also-rans in the middle. Oklahoma, OK State, TCU are all quite good. K-State is a team no one likes to face (at least as long as Old Balls is there). Iowa State gave teams all they could handle this year. It remains to be seen if Herman can get UT back among the country's best. Oklahoma went toe to toe with Georgia last night and probably should have won (they also spanked Ohio State earlier this year). The BIG has some power at the top with Ohio State, Wisky and PSU. After that, it was much like the B12 in the middle. The B12 is also currently the highest rated basketball conference (RPI) with several of the country's best. I think the B12 is doing just fine on the field of play.

With the exception of Texas, Oklahoma and O State, TV dollars will reduce the remaining conference effectiveness to win. Perhaps that's the strategy ...

I don't think the B12 has any reason to hang their heads. Like most leagues, there are some really quality teams at the top and a bunch of also-rans in the middle. Oklahoma, OK State, TCU are all quite good. K-State is a team no one likes to face (at least as long as Old Balls is there). Iowa State gave teams all they could handle this year. It remains to be seen if Herman can get UT back among the country's best. Oklahoma went toe to toe with Georgia last night and probably should have won (they also spanked Ohio State earlier this year). The BIG has some power at the top with Ohio State, Wisky and PSU. After that, it was much like the B12 in the middle. The B12 is also currently the highest rated basketball conference (RPI) with several of the country's best. I think the B12 is doing just fine on the field of play.

Many Nebraska, A&M, and Missouri fans have been wishing for the Big 12's implosion ever since we left..similar to the way people hope their Ex ends up with somebody old, fat, bald, and ugly.

Don't care about the B12. That conference is a rotten POS.

We just need to start taking care of our own business. Took a huge step toward that a month ago.

I didn't mind Texas the school, I think Beebe(sp) was an unfortunate mistake for the Big 12. The Big 12 could have been much stronger keeping the band together and adding UCF in Orlando and BYU with the potential 30 million Mormon church backing.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant but losing Nebraska, Colorado, and Missouri as state flagship university members in my estimation was a brutal blow. TAMU was a lesser loss if you ask me.

Great move on the B1G and SEC's part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT