ADVERTISEMENT

What is this weird feeling?

I do not know what to make of this feeling. It is the feeling of Nebraska playing games in November that actually matter. It has been a long time since that has happened. It is actually fun to be a Nebraska fan again.

86427e98-8268-437a-b601-9d228d7c526c_text.gif

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Straight from a man who posts here.
Great videos, by the way, and thank you.

@bmboldt

I was at the game…not on the field. Winking

I drove up by myself and watched the game in the north endzone. Had a blast and didn’t know a soul. Scary drove back home in a thick fog.

I hope that is the type of atmosphere that awaits Colorado next year.

If ADTA gets one request with the 2024 schedule with the Big 10 and media partners…get the Colorado game at night starting at 7:00pm.

I do not know what to make of this feeling. It is the feeling of Nebraska playing games in November that actually matter. It has been a long time since that has happened. It is actually fun to be a Nebraska fan again.

I've watched film on replay for almost all of our games this year under Rhule...that "feeling" is that we have guys that are fast AF, (you see the closing speed noticeably on film, our 2nd level defense is fast) they come to hit, and they come to hit ****ing HARD....this is 1,000% coaching.

I wish I could narrow down the film here to the play, but take this film and go to 3:24 - 3:32 and watch how Phalen Samford drops into shallow zone coverage and then ****ing attacks the ball carrier and lights his ass up. Watch the closing speed my God...our defense for us film jockies, is so incredibly sound and furious

Watch ILB play comes screening hard up the middle hard...a full blitz.............he basically blitzes the center and makes any sort of 2nd level blocking scheme non-existent....the 2nd ILB, unblocked, comes down the line and ****s up the rb......

The most notice-able thing, or change, around Nebraska defense in 2023 is the velocity of how our secondary/front 7 comes down....2023 Cornhusker defense comes down HARD. Like really ****ing HARD.

Last edited:
I've watched film on replay for almost all of our games this year under Rhule...that "feeling" is that we have guys that are fast AF, (you see the closing speed noticeably on film, our 2nd level defense is fast) they come to hit, and they come to hit ****ing HARD....this is 1,000% coaching.

I wish I could narrow down the film here to the play, but take this film and go to 3:24 - 3:32 and watch how Phalen Samford drops into shallow zone coverage and then ****ing attacks the ball carrier and lights his ass up. Watch the closing speed my God...our defense for us film jockies, is so incredibly sound and furious

Watch ILB play comes screening hard up the middle hard...a full blitz.............he basically blitzes the center and makes any sort of 2nd level blocking scheme non-existent....the 2nd ILB, unblocked, comes down the line and ****s up the rb......

The most notice-able thing, or change, around Nebraska defense in 2023 is the velocity of how our secondary/front 7 comes down....2023 Cornhusker defense comes down HARD. Like really ****ing HARD.
I think the speed was there before for the most part but guys were thinking too much and put in bad positions by Chin. Damn though Sanford can move. Whole team seems quicker this fall.

Reactions: BleedRed78
None on the crappy schedule. Except for Michigan. Lack of opportunity.
in a blizzard last night NIU tried to get over .500 but turned the ball over in the snow too many times. Couldn’t stop CMichigan’s QB run game in the first half. Got down 3 TDs in the first then came storming back in the second and fell short on a couple of 4th down conversions on their last couple of drives to lose by 6. The snow in the first half was ridiculous. Hope we’re not dwelling with that Saturday.

in a blizzard last night NIU tried to get over .500 but turned the ball over in the snow too many times. Couldn’t stop CMichigan’s QB run game in the first half. Got down 3 TDs in the first then came storming back in the second and fell short on a couple of 4th down conversions on their last couple of drives to lose by 6. The snow in the first half was ridiculous. Hope we’re not dwelling with that Saturday.
East Lansing calls for 53 degrees and light winds..

I’m having more fun than I’ve had in years. I’m actually wearing my NU stuff out in public. Embarrassed to say this but I haven’t done that a ton in the last few years down here. Got tired of people asking me about NU, and it we’re ever going to be back. Not saying we’re back now, but damn I’m having fun again.

Last edited:
We more than likely will be in a dogfight Saturday. Mich St past 3 meetings have been real close games, we are on the road, and they have a decent run D and don't allow many sacks.

WR Tre Mosley and TE Maliq Carr are more than likely out this weekend for Mich St. I did watch their last game and they inserted a new QB who can run well, but overall their QBs aren't accurate. We need to shut down Nate Carter and get at least 1 INT.

Nebraska is a better football team right now. Hoping to see us be bowl eligible for the first time in 7 years!

Simmer down, he is 3-3 in a half season against P5 competition and I don't hear or read much negativity about him. A home run isn't established in a couple of months. It's a longer road than that. Let's face it, the bar was really low. I was around a bunch of Colorado fans who in my opinion look like rubes wearing the stupid "we comin" shirts. They thought any prosperity was a lot and jumped the gun badly. CU no longer has a winning record and only holds one victory of more than three points in margin. Their coach needs to quit acting like a bad boy big brother and embrace being a head football coach.
Sanders prime goal is to get Shedeur into the NFL. All the rest is just smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
We more than likely will be in a dogfight Saturday. Mich St past 3 meetings have been real close games, we are on the road, and they have a decent run D and don't allow many sacks.

WR Tre Mosley and TE Maliq Carr are more than likely out this weekend for Mich St. I did watch their last game and they inserted a new QB who can run well, but overall their QBs aren't accurate. We need to shut down Nate Carter and get at least 1 INT.

Nebraska is a better football team right now. Hoping to see us be bowl eligible for the first time in 7 years!
I have watched the Spartans play this year and they are not very good. I am not surprised they benched starting quarterback Kim. He was really inaccurate and held onto the ball too long.

I'm satisfied for the time being that we've got a few wins under our belt. After Michigan, we've beaten the teams we should beat. But I do get tired of the cheerleaders who demand the entire fan base needs to be giddy if we just get to 6 wins and a bowl game. That has never been the standard here and this isn't Iowa. There's still plenty to be concerned about, whether it's the offense, the blowouts from Michigan and Colorado, or the blown opportunity against Minnesota. Even these last few games have been closer than it should. Like I said, for now I'm satisfied. When we start stomping on these shit teams in the Big 10 is when I will be giddy.

I'm satisfied for the time being that we've got a few wins under our belt. After Michigan, we've beaten the teams we should beat. But I do get tired of the cheerleaders who demand the entire fan base needs to be giddy if we just get to 6 wins and a bowl game. That has never been the standard here and this isn't Iowa. There's still plenty to be concerned about, whether it's the offense, the blowouts from Michigan and Colorado, or the blown opportunity against Minnesota. Even these last few games have been closer than it should. Like I said, for now I'm satisfied. When we start stomping on these shit teams in the Big 10 is when I will be giddy.
Have to take steps....can't just jump back into dominance.

maybe not them. Everyone else. We’ll lose v Maryland and Wisc, Sparty and Iowa closer, but we’ll be dogs on paper.
I’m not saying Nebraska won’t lose to Maryland, but have you seen them lately? They’ve regressed. I was thinking all along also that Maryland would be a loss. Now not so sure. I’m more worried about sparty than the terps.

I’m not saying Nebraska won’t lose to Maryland, but have you seen them lately? They’ve regressed. I was thinking all along also that Maryland would be a loss. Now not so sure. I’m more worried about sparty than the terps.
Mike Locksley is a bad coach. Hell of a recruiter, but they literally do this every year. They fold every year after game 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT