ADVERTISEMENT

What is this weird feeling?

The feeling of a competent coach. I know its weird. What do I do with my hands.
This Is Awkward Will Ferrell GIF by StickerGiant

Matt Rhule was a home run hire and I'm tired of some idiots pretending he wasn't.
Yeah, it is possible, but after 8 games? The people bitching are annoying as hell, but calling it a home run also may be a little premature, no? I like him, but how about we give it more than a couple minutes, lest we end up looking the fool like our buddy Tetonia. Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants that.

Yeah, it is possible, but after 8 games? The people bitching are annoying as hell, but calling it him a home run also may be a little premature, no? I like him, but how about we give it more than a couple minutes, lest we end up looking the fool like our buddy Tetonia. Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants that.
Agree 100%

Reactions: Landomatic
Matt Rhule was a home run hire and I'm tired of some idiots pretending he wasn't.
Simmer down, he is 3-3 in a half season against P5 competition and I don't hear or read much negativity about him. A home run isn't established in a couple of months. It's a longer road than that. Let's face it, the bar was really low. I was around a bunch of Colorado fans who in my opinion look like rubes wearing the stupid "we comin" shirts. They thought any prosperity was a lot and jumped the gun badly. CU no longer has a winning record and only holds one victory of more than three points in margin. Their coach needs to quit acting like a bad boy big brother and embrace being a head football coach.

Reactions: CornHusker_635
Simmer down, he is 3-3 in a half season against P5 competition and I don't hear or read much negativity about him. A home run isn't established in a couple of months. It's a longer road than that. Let's face it, the bar was really low. I was around a bunch of Colorado fans who in my opinion look like rubes wearing the stupid "we comin" shirts. They thought any prosperity was a lot and jumped the gun badly. CU no longer has a winning record and only holds one victory of more than three points in margin. Their coach needs to quit acting like a bad boy big brother and embrace being a head football coach.
Mostly agree, but there are SOME posters (emphasis on SOME) who have been dogging Rhule. We shouldn’t jump the gun on calling him a homer in hire, but we also shouldn’t be calling him out as much as a few have so far.

Mel Tucker at MSU his first season is the poster boy for what happens when you anoint coaches too early.

I think Rhule could be that guy that we need, but we also need more than 5 games in a crappy division to see it.

I haven't felt good like this since about the 2010 season. The Texass game was a definite heart breaker, but back to back wins over Misery and Okie Light were awesome games at the time. They were playing good football then and I honestly thought we could give any team a good game. My opinion after the season was up and down, like the team played. But during the season I was hyped!
This current football team has it's warts and does turnover the football too often, but I feel they're going in the right direction.

GDateDaySchoolOpponentConfPtsOppWLStreakNotes
1Sep 4, 2010Sat(8) NebraskaWestern KentuckySun BeltW491010W 1
2Sep 11, 2010Sat(6) NebraskaIdahoWACW381720W 2
3Sep 18, 2010Sat(8) Nebraska@WashingtonPac-10W562130W 3
4Sep 25, 2010Sat(6) NebraskaSouth Dakota StateNon-MajorW17340W 4
5Oct 7, 2010Thu(7) Nebraska@Kansas StateBig 12W481350W 5
6Oct 16, 2010Sat(5) NebraskaTexasBig 12L132051L 1
7Oct 23, 2010Sat(14) Nebraska@(17) Oklahoma StateBig 12W514161W 1
8Oct 30, 2010Sat(14) Nebraska(7) MissouriBig 12W311771W 2
9Nov 6, 2010Sat(9) Nebraska@Iowa StateBig 12W313081W 3
10Nov 13, 2010Sat(9) NebraskaKansasBig 12W20391W 4
11Nov 20, 2010Sat(9) Nebraska@(18) Texas A&MBig 12L6992L 1
12Nov 26, 2010Fri(16) NebraskaColoradoBig 12W4517102W 1
13Dec 4, 2010Sat(13) NebraskaN(10) OklahomaBig 12L2023103L 1Big 12 Championship Game
14Dec 30, 2010Thu(17) NebraskaNWashingtonPac-10L719104L 2Holiday Bowl (San Diego, CA)

Has he beat a team with a winning record yet
^^^^ valid

One could opine our competition’s level has dropped off considerably this year. All of teams we’ve beaten were better last year. D and special teams are measurably better. Offense is worse.

There’s still cause for optimism. Wins at the end of the day are wins. A bowl berth this year would be a MONUMENTAL exceeding of expectations…

^^^^ valid

One could opine our competition’s level has dropped off considerably this year. All of teams we’ve beaten were better last year. D and special teams are measurably better. Offense is worse.

There’s still cause for optimism. Wins at the end of the day are wins. A bowl berth this year would be a MONUMENTAL exceeding of expectations…
Northwestern was better last year? Ffs

Is he averaging 25 PPG is he? Huh? IS HE?! Well if he's not get rid of him now!
Yeesh the troll goalpost moving attempts are going to get mighty feeble if we continue to progress.
Should be some fun and hilarious reads incoming. Don't strain yourselves reaching.

Dummy, this is not a Colorado discussion/comparison. Anyone with half a brain can see that Coach Sanders is a self serving fraud and coach Rhule is a uniter and program builder.

Dummy, this is not a Colorado discussion/comparison. Anyone with half a brain can see that Coach Sanders is a self serving fraud and coach Rhule is a uniter and program builder.
Are you 9 years old? Infantile crap that permeates this board.

Colorado is the poster child for leaping headlong into thinking they had the ultimate home run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT