ADVERTISEMENT

What a season for Coach Prime

They played 6 teams that were ranked, we played 3.
They played a far tougher schedule and their team was in total rebuild mode after winning 1 game. We had a soft schedule and players who had been in our system a while and while we didn't win a ton in 2022 we kept most games close and it was a much tougher tougher schedule than this year. Both teams had new coaches. It seems this thread is there to bash Deion but if you watched CU's games it seems their players never gave up on Deion and never stopped playing hard. To Rhule credit the players didn't seem to give up on him. Even playing against Utah they lost by one score and CU had 2 touchdowns called back in the first half or they may have had the same record on a tougher schedule. They also boat raced us in our game against them. The difference between Deion and Rhule is Rhule should be better at coaching athis point since he has been a coach longer. What we saw at the end of the season was a real lack of awareness concerning game clock and play clock that cost NU wins.

That’s not true. We would/should win all 4 they did, and maybe we also beat a terrible Stanford team.

And “Coach Prime” also brought with him an NFL QB and was supposed to win right away.
Are you serious? He was supposed to win right away. The very first game against TCU Colorado's a 3 touchdown dog. CU played against several teams with quarterbacks being looked at for the Heisman. We lost to an Iowa quarterback that couldn't throw for 100 yards. Their season and our season at Nebraska is no comparison. We played against horrendous quarterbacks except for Michigan's quarterback, McCarthy and Maryland's quarterback, Tagovailoa who is small and turnover prone. We should have won that game but our quarterbacks couldn't stop giving the ball away.

Are you serious? He was supposed to win right away. The very first game against TCU Colorado's a 3 touchdown dog. CU played against several teams with quarterbacks being looked at for the Heisman. We lost to an Iowa quarterback that couldn't throw for 100 yards. Their season and our season at Nebraska is no comparison. We played against horrendous quarterbacks except for Michigan's quarterback, McCarthy and Maryland's quarterback, Tagovailoa who is small and turnover prone. We should have won that game but our quarterbacks couldn't stop giving the ball away.
Who set the expectation that Colorado was going to win this season?

Not Nebraska fans.

They played a far tougher schedule and their team was in total rebuild mode after winning 1 game. We had a soft schedule and players who had been in our system a while and while we didn't win a ton in 2022 we kept most games close and it was a much tougher tougher schedule than this year. Both teams had new coaches. It seems this thread is there to bash Deion but if you watched CU's games it seems their players never gave up on Deion and never stopped playing hard. To Rhule credit the players didn't seem to give up on him. Even playing against Utah they lost by one score and CU had 2 touchdowns called back in the first half or they may have had the same record on a tougher schedule. They also boat raced us in our game against them. The difference between Deion and Rhule is Rhule should be better at coaching athis point since he has been a coach longer. What we saw at the end of the season was a real lack of awareness concerning game clock and play clock that cost NU wins.
You lost me at players had been in our system a while. Good try though.

Reactions: Laner2 and headcard
We get it dude, you are a Buff fan and you came here to post because Buff fans don't have a site to post on.

CU never stopped playing hard, however, against WSU they never even showed up.

Husker volleyball for breaking the record

I could get behind nominating the whole team for that, though I think the fans deserve a mention if that were happen. My first thought though is that is just one day out of the whole year....so I don't think it woukd even happen.

I could get behind nominating the whole team for that, though I think the fans deserve a mention if that were happen. My first thought though is that is just one day out of the whole year....so I don't think it woukd even happen.
My problem with naming him is that all the hype was media generated anyway. They hand picked the story, shoved it down everyone's throat and now are doing this because it was the biggest story of the year? Kind of like patting themselves on the back.

My problem with naming him is that all the hype was media generated anyway. They hand picked the story, shoved it down everyone's throat and now are doing this because it was the biggest story of the year? Kind of like patting themselves on the back.

Agree....

..Also not the best year IMO for this award but it also feels like no matter the year, we're going to get some looney SJW or alphabet soup winner regardless. Probably time to retire that stupid award IMO

Reactions: WHCSC
remember when Colorado started to accumulate injuries and was down to their 2nd/3rd QB? they got blown out 56-14 to a team with a losing record.

the only team on their schedule that could possibly win the B1G would've scored 80 on them if they felt like it. in fact, it was such a beatdown that twitter/x called it racist.

More like kind of about making money.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT