ADVERTISEMENT

Well okay then, back to football.

Lol glad you chimmed in Dana I appreciate your thoughts on here.. was gonna ask you about the bball team but i dont think its necessary now lol good to see ya on again pal

Lol glad you chimmed in Dana I appreciate your thoughts on here.. was gonna ask you about the bball team but i dont think its necessary now lol good to see ya on again pal

Thanks, man. Appreciate that. My thoughts on the basketball team might have to wait until I polish off a couple of more Long Islands. Lol

That’s definitely not the way they wanted to start things out. First game though with a complete roster flip. I’ll gladly wait and see how things go over the next several games.

salts, I expect this season to be a tough haul. Struggling to get over forty? Didn’t see that one coming. It’ll get better. Hoiberg is a stud.

salts, I expect this season to be a tough haul. Struggling to get over forty? Didn’t see that one coming. It’ll get better. Hoiberg is a stud.

exactly. Who knows what the deal was tonight but Fred Hoiberg is a legit Head Coach and he will definitely get these guys going. If anyone can, it’s Hoiberg.

Reactions: HuskerDana
exactly. How knows what the deal was tonight but Fred Hoiberg is a legit Head Coach and he will definitely get these guys going. If anyone can, it’s Hoiberg.

I never understood why people say NU has no chance at having a solid bb program. Fan support is there, facilities are there, and all we needed was to pay a big time coach. We got one. It’s (eventually) going to be fun.

I never understood why people say NU has no chance at having a solid bb program. Fan support is there, facilities are there, and all we needed was to pay a big time coach. We got one. It’s (eventually) going to be fun.

that’s all we ever needed to have a chance. This years team might struggle and understandably with our roster flip over. But once Hoiberg gets things rolling, adds more recruits to the mix, he will have use competing.

that’s all we ever needed to have a chance. This years team might struggle and understandably with our roster flip over. But once Hoiberg gets things rolling, adds more recruits to the mix, he will have use competing.

Easier to flip a bb program than a football program. A couple of top 50’s, you’re rolling. Hoiberg can do that.

....and with the fan support, it will keep rolling....

Easier to flip a bb program than a football program. A couple of top 50’s, you’re rolling. Hoiberg can do that.

And the biggest thing we need is some big men. Yvan is going to be big time but he needs help. Cross may have had a bad game and probably better then what he was tonight but we still need some big boys down low...in a BAD way.

Last edited:
And the biggest thing we need is some big men. Yvan is going to be big time but he needs help. Cross may have had a bad game and probably better then what he was tonight it we still need some big boys down low...in a BAD way.

Defensively, I actually thought we were pretty good. Just not a ton offensively. It’ll get there. New roster- zero continuity.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Defensively, I actually thought we were pretty good. Just not a ton offensively. It’ll get there. New roster- zero continuity.

and I looked at the stats. Looks like our shots where off. We all know that comes and goes. most the players we have are know for their 3 point shooting abilities and being shooters. I’m curious to see how we do when are shots drop?

We looked like a team full players that have never played with each other in a real game before. For most of them, it was their first D-I college basketball game.

It will be a rough year. But remember Hoiberg finished dead last in the Big 12 his first year at Iowa State, winning only 3 conference games. He'll get us rolling by Year 2-3.

Last edited:
and I looked at the stats. Looks like our shots where off. We all know that comes and goes. most the players we have are know for their 3 point shooting abilities and being shooters. I’m curious to see how we do when are shots drop?

Agreed. It’ll get better. Offensively, we looked like five guys just thrown together in a pick-up game. Defensively....looked pretty good for quite a bit of the game. UCR hit a s**t ton of shots with little time left on the clock. Some of those being “you’ve got to be f’n kidding me” types of shots.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well, I think it is means some of the pressure goes off Frost seeing Fred struggle as well. People will be pissed but understand it will take more time. Just trying to find something positive.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT