ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports to carry B1G FB games this season.

Laner2

Head Coach
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
I'll get excited only after I see the full schedule for televised Nebraska games during the 2024 season.

Great another losing season.

We can't win on Fox's main network.

I dont think we have ever won a game on Fox's main network.

Since like 2012 at least.

Peacock and Paramount+ aren't going anywhere. I would expect that you will have a Nebraska game or two each season show up on one or the other of those platforms. What I really hope is that we do not get stuck with any Friday night home games.

Peacock and Paramount+ aren't going anywhere. I would expect that you will have a Nebraska game or two each season show up on one or the other of those platforms. What I really hope is that we do not get stuck with any Friday night home games.
We already have our Friday game after Thanksgiving 😁

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
I can’t image Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio St and USC and maybe Washington having a home games on Friday nights on FOX..

I‘m pretty sure Peacock going to keep having at least one B1G game on Saturday’s.

Reactions: Laner2
I'm not opposed to a Friday night home game. Better tailgating than 11 am. 11 am games suck if you are attending and trying to barhop or even get food.

FOX owns a majority stake in the B1G’s broadcasting rights due to inexplicably inept prior negotiations, so this is a “well, duh” from me.

As Rhule says, one step at a time. Right now I'm ONLY worried about winning games on a regular basis. After that step happens then I'll start complaining about the networks and times for the broadcasts. LOL.

Reactions: saluno22 and Laner2
Yeah, from what I've read I think we're stuck with Peacock for a couple/three years at least. I mean, signing up for the Peacock trial is not a huge deal, nor is paying a few bucks to watch a game. It's just another indication of how money is crapping all over CFB.

• Sad
Reactions: HBK4life
FOX owns a majority stake in the B1G’s broadcasting rights due to inexplicably inept prior negotiations, so this is a “well, duh” from me.
Why were the negotiations inept? I think Fox owns more than 50% of the Big 10 network and that is a huge reason the Big 10 makes as much as they do. Should they have accepted less to be on ESPN?

Why were the negotiations inept? I think Fox owns more than 50% of the Big 10 network and that is a huge reason the Big 10 makes as much as they do. Should they have accepted less to be on ESPN?
FOX don't own a majority stake in it because they paid for it, they were awarded the additional points that put them over 50% because of the B1G breaching their contract by failing to deliver inventory because it cancelled football during COVID

idiots

Yeah, from what I've read I think we're stuck with Peacock for a couple/three years at least. I mean, signing up for the Peacock trial is not a huge deal, nor is paying a few bucks to watch a game. It's just another indication of how money is crapping all over CFB.
Still cheaper than the $29.99 pay-per-view days, not to mention that $6.99 for one month of Peacock gets you other sporting events and any other streaming content you might find interesting in that time-frame 🤷🏻‍♂️ my only problem with it is the current delay when you compare OTA/cable and streaming. And when I was a kid, more games weren't televised at all, up until the mid-2000s.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Win games and be competitive at all times and I’ll buy whatever the f streaming service I need to buy. Spend enough money at a bar in one night to cover most services for multiple months at a time. Folks don’t know how to manage money. Complain about streaming, then buy Taco Bell 5 times a week.

Win games and be competitive at all times and I’ll buy whatever the f streaming service I need to buy. Spend enough money at a bar in one night to cover most services for multiple months at a time. Folks don’t know how to manage money. Complain about streaming, then buy Taco Bell 5 times a week.
Cheaper than buying groceries...lol

Stuck with Peacock? The Big 10 doesn't give two shits what you or I think. But having said that, subscribing to Peacock for $5 a month is a hell of a lot better than pay per view. Way back in the 90's, networks thought that they would take in $10/$20 a game....

There's some truth in that. It's all relative.

Stuck with Peacock? The Big 10 doesn't give two shits what you or I think. But having said that, subscribing to Peacock for $5 a month is a hell of a lot better than pay per view. Way back in the 90's, networks thought that they would take in $10/$20 a game....
Pretty sure I paid at least $30, if not $40 for a PPV Husker game. And that was what, 2010?

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT