ADVERTISEMENT

Well, love him or not....

It helps a ton he’s got some good talent. We have have a very solid team (I have trouble still saying a “good team” but solid). The teams lead by Watson, Copeland and Palmer Jr. and we got very lucky Palmer and Copeland picked the Huskers and not someone else. I can’t imagine how’d we’d be doing this year without these two.

It helps a ton he’s got some good talent. We have have a very solid team (I have trouble still saying a “good team” but solid). The teams lead by Watson, Copeland and Palmer Jr. and we got very lucky Palmer and Copeland picked the Huskers and not someone else. I can’t imagine how’d we’d be doing this year without these two.

I don't know where we'd be without Kenya Hunter. He's pretty much the reason all of these talented guys came here. Miles deserves props for hiring him and keeping him here.

When you look at what Craig Smith is doing at USD, and Niko Medved is doing at Drake, you'd think Coach Hunter will get his shot at a head coaching job soon. Miles has a knack for hiring good assistant coaches.

Yeah I know it would really suck to get Roby more plays. Copeland and Palmer are huge for us, but don't downplay Roby... I mean he is only shooting 55%, you know the highest percentage on the team

Reactions: Can o' corn
One has to wonder if the guys who transferred out last year could see the quality of the incoming depth.

Reactions: davecisar
“Got very lucky” - so you simply don’t want to credit Miles. When things go well, it’s because of luck that these guys came to Nebraska.

Just give the coach a little respect and slack.

This is a pretty fun team to watch. Still take some errant shots at times but they are very athletic and have basketball awaremess. Something many previous teams lacked.

They just hit 25% of the easy shots they missed last night and they win that game by double digits and it it not even that close. Not sure the coach really can be blamed for that. I know there are shooting drills but realistically Miles and the game plan put them in position for big success again last night and poor shooting let the game be close. In one 2 minute stretch around the 6:00 minute left mark in the second half the Huskers missed 5 point blank layups!

What kind of bullshit is this? Pick two of the best players off a lot of teams their coach recruited and you could post the same thing.

Not a BB guy- but it would seem that of the rest of the games:
Iowa at Home- Win
Wisconsin Away- 50/50 winnable
Minnesota Away- 60/40 winnable
Rutgers W
Maryland 60/40 winnable
Illinois AWAY -50/50 winnable
Indiana- W
PSU- W

So win the ones they should and go 50/50 on the 50/50 games maybe 6-2 or 5-3 so its:
21- 10 or 20- 11

Thats seed #5 against Illinois, Rutgers or Iowa for another win- then against Michigan in round 2- where they would be an underdog- but winnable game

End up 22 or 23 and 11 or 21-12 and on the bubble most think- if they win 22 or 23 lots of people think they are in. Could be even better or could stub their toe and be out. IN any event- Ill be watching a lot closer than I did at this time last season.

Last edited:
Not a BB guy- but it would seem that of the rest of the games:
Iowa at Home- Win
Wisconsin Away- 50/50 winnable
Minnesota Away- 60/40 winnable
Rutgers W
Maryland 60/40 winnable
Illinois AWAY -50/50 winnable
Indiana- W
PSU- W

So maybe 6-2 or 5-3 so its:
21- 10 or 20- 11

Thats seed #5 against Illinois, Rutgers or Iowa for another win- then against Michigan in round 2- where they would be an underdog- but winnable game

End up 22 or 23 and 11 or 21-12 and on the bubble most think- if they win 22 or 23 lots of people think they are in. Could be even better or could stub their toe and be out. IN any event- Ill be watching a lot closer than I did at this time last season.
Go 6-2 and the Huskers will probably be the #4 seed, since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker against Michigan. Might even get it by going 5-3, although Michigan's schedule softens up a bit after tonight's game at Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT