ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Rutgers Week

After being a RU fan for around 60 years, I take nothing for granted.
Our start this season is one that could easily have us at 2-2. But, we have shown an ability to do what is necessary when faced with a problem. We beat Washington by pretty much stopping them at 3rd downs when they weren't stopping themselves with stupid fouls.
We have been able to hold onto the ball and limit turnovers significantly.
Schiano is not interested in running up scores and looking flashy. He is perfectly happy with grinding out one play after another and eating the clock. The addition of the QB transfer has had a real positive effect in that, unlike last year, we can actually have a decent passing game.
This game truly concerns me for two reasons. One is that your house is a tough place to play and your fans will be screaming their heads off all game and the second is your QB who is way better than you usually think about any freshmen. I hope our team can handle the crowd early like they did at VT where it is also a tough place to play. Our defensive rush has not been all that great so they better strap on their helmets and get after your kid or he will be shredding our D.
Looking forward to a great game.

True, but Nebraska ranked higher than all of those last year besides Michigan and Penn State in rushing defense, with 7 starters returning including most of the front 7.

But you also didn’t have to play Penn State and Ohio State, which helped your rushing stats.

In any case, This year is a new year. Y’all gave up 166 yards rushing to Illinois.

Led by:
  • Feagin rushed 12 times for 69 yards
  • McCray rushed 9 times for 38 yards

But you also didn’t have to play Penn State and Ohio State, which helped your rushing stats.

In any case, This year is a new year. Y’all gave up 166 yards rushing to Illinois.

Led by:
  • Feagin rushed 12 times for 69 yards
  • McCray rushed 9 times for 38 yards
You are the BIGGEST (and only) Rutgers fan I have ever "met".

Does Rutgers have hot chicks?
No but the Bing is just up the road.

Point Sopranos GIF by Sky

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
RutgersAl - I’m sure you have posted it in this 5 page thread. What’s your prediction for the game and are you traveling to the heartland to see it in person?
I don’t think I have. 27-24 in favor of Rutgers of course. I think wish I could travel to the heartland, but my quota is one away game a year. So I’m going to USC, as it has always been a dream of mine to watch Rutgers play USC. I will prioritize coming to Nebraska the next time we play in Lincoln.

Reactions: RBigredMax
I don’t think I have. 27-24 in favor of Rutgers of course. I think wish I could travel to the heartland, but my quota is one away game a year. So I’m going to USC, as it has always been a dream of mine to watch Rutgers play USC. I will prioritize coming to Nebraska the next time we play in Lincoln.
The Colosseum is in a $&it hole in LA.. Memorial Stadium becomes the 3rd largest city in Nebraska on game day…

miss typo

Last edited:
Reactions: rchrisreade
Another thing working against Rutgers is their pressure on the QB. I haven't seen them play but they don't get sacks or tackles for loss.

3 sacks in 3 games vs D1 opponents. 4 in 4 total games.
8 total tackles for loss against 3 FBS schools, 14 including FCS game

One of Nebraska's biggest issues is getting behind the sticks. If a team cannot get them into longer yardage Nebraska should be able to take advantage.

On the flip side Nebraska has 30 tackles for loss against 4 FBS teams, 33 including FCS game
15 sacks in 4 games against FBS, 16 including FCS game.
#71 Aaron Lewis came close to getting sacks but Will Rogers is a strong quarterback, and was able to evade them. #23 Wesley Bailey was injured for a while and played his first game against Washington. He had one against Miami, and hopes to get more Saturday.

#71 Aaron Lewis came close to getting sacks but Will Rogers is a strong quarterback, and was able to evade them. #23 Wesley Bailey was injured for a while and played his first game against Washington. He had one against Miami, and hopes to get more Saturday.
Aaron Lewis has 1 TFL total this season.

Rutgers as a team is far behind the average TFL's against the teams they have played

4 TFL's vs Akron(Akron ranks 131 in TFL allowed at 7.8 per game)
4 TFL's vs VT(VT ranks 122 in TFL allowed at 7 per game)
0 TFL's vs Wash(Washington ranks 44th in TFL's allowed at 4 per game)

for reference, Rutgers is 8th in TFL's allowed per game at 3.5, Nebraska 58th at 4.4.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Aaron Lewis has 1 TFL total this season.

Rutgers as a team is far behind the average TFL's against the teams they have played

4 TFL's vs Akron(Akron ranks 131 in TFL allowed at 7.8 per game)
4 TFL's vs VT(VT ranks 122 in TFL allowed at 7 per game)
0 TFL's vs Wash(Washington ranks 44th in TFL's allowed at 4 per game)

for reference, Rutgers is 8th in TFL's allowed per game at 3.5, Nebraska 58th at 4.4.
The line as a whole has underachieved relative to expectations, but Aaron Lewis promises to change that Saturday.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
If we beat Rutgers then my assessment of how good we are will change. But as it stands now I do not think we are a very good football team. Our special teams are atrocious, our offense prone to self inflicted wounds and a defense that is up and down. I see us beating UCLA but probably losing all the rest. But if we beat Rutgers and play a really good game then I will have to change my assessment.
Drink some Kool aid bud

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Rutgers, coming off a hard fought 21-18 victory over Washington, is well positioned for success.

Kyle Monangai is our primary running back and has been mentioned as a possible Heisman Candidate. He is supported by Sam Brown, who is a bruiser. Monangai had 132 rushing yards vs Washington and Brown had 44 yards rushing with a 37 yard burst for a touchdown.

The OL and running back are the heart and soul of this team. LT #72 Hollín Pierce is an All American Candidate. LG #65 Felter is an All Conference Candidate as is C Zilinskas. Not a coincidence that our biggest runs have been towards the left side of the line or up the middle. RG Kobe Asamosh has played some, but is going to need time to acclimate, but will be a good player someday. RT Robert Needham is a Monster Right Tackle, who has bolstered our run game, while providing better pass protection.

The quarterback, Athan Kaliakmanis, is capable of throwing accurately and making the easy throws. I’m looking for a 58% completion percentage from him with 20TDs and 7 ints. Thus far, he is over 60%.

He will be supported by an exceptionally talented WR Corp. Dymere Miller is a true WR1, is fast and has exceptional hands. Ian Strong is a future Superstar, capable of dominating opposing DBs. Chris Long has had issue with injuries, but has demonstrated big play ability when healthy. 6’6” Korey Duff is a True Freshman acclimating to this level of play.

TE Kenny Fletcher will be the primary tight end, and has been productive, leading all receivers with 16 receptions. The rest of the tight ends are a question mark, but hopefully some emerge. Konopka has been used in situations where a 2nd TE was needed.

Rutgers Defense has limited opponents scoring to 23 points or fewer.

Malcolm Ray is the Nose Tackle, and he is backed up by 315 lb NT Zaire Angoy, anchoring the middle of the defensive line. Ray is complemented by future NFL starter, DT Kyonte Hamilton. They are sandwiched by a pair of All American potential Ends in Aaron Lewis and Wesley Bailey.

The Linebackers are the heart and soul of the defense. Tyreem Powell is an All American and Butkus award Candidate. Lost to injury is Mohamed Toure, who was very productive last year. He is replaced by Dariel Djabome. Desmond Igbinosun plays a hybrid LB-DB position and was exceptionally productive last year, with 64 tackles and 6.5 tfl.

The secondary could also be the nations best, with Flip Dixon and Shaquan Loyal vying for All American honors. As will Robert Longerbeam, who has slowly but surely built himself into one of the best DBs in the game. The other CB is Eric Rogers, who has played very well this year. Bo Mascoe is the nickel back.

Jai Patel is the Kicker and Jakob Anderson is the Punter.

Last year, we had too many deficiencies. This year, there are few, if any. Looking forward to our game Saturday.
Is there anything you'd like to update here?

There might be some all conference honorable mention types on their squad. Not sure about being well positioned for success, Rutgers football has been around for 130-140 years right? If they coulda, they woulda by now.

There might be some all conference honorable mention types on their squad. Not sure about being well positioned for success, Rutgers football has been around for 130-140 years right? If they coulda, they woulda by now.
They’re probably as good as they’ll ever be this year.

Is there anything you'd like to update here?
“Despite its disappointing loss to Nebraska yesterday, Rutgers remains undeterred in its quest to become the next college football superpower. Changes have been made to ensure its future success. Future All American and current true freshman WR Ben Black blew past Nebraska corner Marcus Buford twice, like he was standing still, catching one pass, breaking two husker tackles for a TD, but dropping another surefire TD, after Buford was clearly beaten . As this was his first significant action, we’ll cut him some slack here. He will work with the coaches to refine his technique, and be better for the experience. Unfortunately, Wisconsin will have to pay.

“Despite its disappointing loss to Nebraska yesterday, Rutgers remains undeterred in its quest to become the next college football superpower. Changes have been made to ensure its future success. Future All American and current true freshman WR Ben Black blew past Nebraska corner Marcus Buford twice, like he was standing still, catching one pass, breaking two husker tackles for a TD, but dropping another surefire TD, after Buford was clearly beaten . As this was his first significant action, we’ll cut him some slack here. He will work with the coaches to refine his technique, and be better for the experience. Unfortunately, Wisconsin will have to pay.
Chatgpt is undefeated

It will be interesting to see where Ben Black transfers to after this year.

Last edited:
steve-carell-i-love-lamp.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT