ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Rutgers Week

After being a RU fan for around 60 years, I take nothing for granted.
Our start this season is one that could easily have us at 2-2. But, we have shown an ability to do what is necessary when faced with a problem. We beat Washington by pretty much stopping them at 3rd downs when they weren't stopping themselves with stupid fouls.
We have been able to hold onto the ball and limit turnovers significantly.
Schiano is not interested in running up scores and looking flashy. He is perfectly happy with grinding out one play after another and eating the clock. The addition of the QB transfer has had a real positive effect in that, unlike last year, we can actually have a decent passing game.
This game truly concerns me for two reasons. One is that your house is a tough place to play and your fans will be screaming their heads off all game and the second is your QB who is way better than you usually think about any freshmen. I hope our team can handle the crowd early like they did at VT where it is also a tough place to play. Our defensive rush has not been all that great so they better strap on their helmets and get after your kid or he will be shredding our D.
Looking forward to a great game.

Reactions: Frozone
True, but Nebraska ranked higher than all of those last year besides Michigan and Penn State in rushing defense, with 7 starters returning including most of the front 7.

But you also didn’t have to play Penn State and Ohio State, which helped your rushing stats.

In any case, This year is a new year. Y’all gave up 166 yards rushing to Illinois.

Led by:
  • Feagin rushed 12 times for 69 yards
  • McCray rushed 9 times for 38 yards

But you also didn’t have to play Penn State and Ohio State, which helped your rushing stats.

In any case, This year is a new year. Y’all gave up 166 yards rushing to Illinois.

Led by:
  • Feagin rushed 12 times for 69 yards
  • McCray rushed 9 times for 38 yards
You are the BIGGEST (and only) Rutgers fan I have ever "met".

Does Rutgers have hot chicks?
No but the Bing is just up the road.

Point Sopranos GIF by Sky

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
RutgersAl - I’m sure you have posted it in this 5 page thread. What’s your prediction for the game and are you traveling to the heartland to see it in person?
I don’t think I have. 27-24 in favor of Rutgers of course. I think wish I could travel to the heartland, but my quota is one away game a year. So I’m going to USC, as it has always been a dream of mine to watch Rutgers play USC. I will prioritize coming to Nebraska the next time we play in Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT