ADVERTISEMENT

We got our QB's coach!!

How big is the network of people he has familiarity with at this point in his coaching career? How many people did he hire at Nebraska from that pool? He can be selective from his network and still fill most of his roster with people that he knows something about. And despite that, he kept Raiola even though he didn’t know him. He also didn’t coach with Bob Wager.
Good questions to be sure

Rhule coached White when he played for UCLA. Raiola, I believe, is the only coach on staff who didn’t have any sort of previous relationship with Rhule (that I can find).

I’ve made this point before and it still stands - great HCs hire the best assistants they can find. The others hire their friends.

Or their sons. Right?

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub and timnsun
I don't know OldJar. I can't specifically remember any of his posts although I have seen his name float by.
But in conjunction with the policy of not revealing personal information about other posters, some of you need to quit posting where he lives. That's private information.
You're weird, man.

I really don't want to be negative about this as I was soooooo hoping for a QB coach... when Holgorsen popped up as a possibility I was genuinely excited... I'm sure this will all be good in the long run and many will get behind him as a fan base... if Rhule/Sat and NU's QB room is happy then Awesome!

That said, it kind of feels like when Garret McGuire was hired as WR coach... a bit of a "well... OK then" moment....
Isn't a coach from the NFL usually a pretty good indicator of being successful?

Reactions: arf_man
Once they go in my Ignore Hopper, its pretty tough to get out. LOL
I'm from the school of you don't reward bad behavior, or in this case, horseshit opinions.

The only exception being I unignored Kong for a couple of posts that I wanted to discuss.
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

Reactions: dinglefritz
Why are you naming Steeler QBs?
People including myself have erroneously assumed he was coaching the Steeler QBs. Even if that was accurate, that’s the room he was involved with. I like Pickett to some degree but those other two are clowns.

Isn't a coach from the NFL usually a pretty good indicator of being successful?
Yes, Yes it does... and he's worked with some good QB's I'll give him that... I want him to be successful and perhaps I'm being too pessimistic

I think I got my hopes up on Holgersen being the guy. So this announcement is taking a bit to readjust to...
From a college standpoint I don't see the big names of QB's that Glenn's developed at a collegiate level like we see with Holgorsen such as Graham Harrell, Case Keenum, Brandon Weeden, Geno Smith, and Will Grier.

Development is key, he's done it with professionals and yes a couple College QB's so it'll be interesting to see what he does with a pair of Elite11's and a guy who's been tossed all over the place with a severe lack of coaching

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Holgorsen was never coming here in an on the field coaching capacity. He was/is coming as an analyst if he doesn’t get a HC or OC position.

So just thinking (typing) out loud... if/when the new rule passes... NU could see both Glenn & Dana coaching in person with the QB's... likewise, TE's will still have their same coach as he's going back to the analyst title so nothing changes there either with the exception of a larger influence by Sat... Could all be really good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT