ADVERTISEMENT

We getting this guy as QB coach?

I hope not. Guy has zero coaching experience. He is a throwing coach. Send our qbs there in the off-season if needed. We need a qb coach who can help and baby Satterfield since he isn't going anywhere.

I do find it amusing that this guy started a qb academy after seeing how far his son regressed after playing qb at Iowa.

what is a QB coach if not a guy who works on mechanics and throwing?
Well I would hope working on breaking down film with the qbs, teaching schemes, and working on schemes for games.

The guy played in the NFL but not sure he has much experience doing any of that since the 80's.

And if this guy was going to be a qb coach why would he choose NU?

Well I would hope working on breaking down film with the qbs, teaching schemes, and working on schemes for games.

The guy played in the NFL but not sure he has much experience doing any of that since the 80's.

And if this guy was going to be a qb coach why would he choose NU?
fair enough. I'm guessing these QB coaches do watch game film with their students, but that's just a guess.

he'd choose NU to continue his work with his prized pupil.

I do see, however, the limitations that might bring to a small business owner looking to expand his clientele/continue to be his own boss.

fair enough. I'm guessing these QB coaches do watch game film with their students, but that's just a guess.

he'd choose NU to continue his work with his prized pupil.

I do see, however, the limitations that might bring to a small business owner looking to expand his clientele/continue to be his own boss.
I think his clientele list is pretty vast and I'm guessing he makes a lot off those NFL qbs. He's fairly old. I just feel like this is a typical Nebraska rumor that has zero legs.

Glenn Thomas makes way more sense and I could see where he doesn't want to announce until after the Steelers season. But who knows. Rhule has a history of non-traditional hires so I am probably totally wrong.

I'm not an expert, but wouldn't a QB coach do more than just throwing mechanics? I would think they would also discuss pre-snap reads, audibles, communication, leadership, check-downs, timing, scrambling, and general decision-making. Anybody can throw a reasonably accurate ball with no pressure and no consequences. What you don't want is a QB who throws an uncatchable fastball to their primary receiver every time, even if they have perfect mechanics.

• Love
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Wouldn’t make a ton of sense I would think financially for him. Already runs a successful business in the Chicago area as QB coach for kids, college prospects, and even NFL guys. I bet he makes absolute bank from the wealthy parents in that area willing to shell out the money.

I think his clientele list is pretty vast and I'm guessing he makes a lot off those NFL qbs. He's fairly old. I just feel like this is a typical Nebraska rumor that has zero legs.

Glenn Thomas makes way more sense and I could see where he doesn't want to announce until after the Steelers season. But who knows. Rhule has a history of non-traditional hires so I am probably totally wrong.
I think he might be more valuable as an outside QB coach in the off season for Dylan who also happens to teach younger talented kids

I don’t see it. He’s 62 and has never coached college football. He has a good, low stress gig right now. Hard to see him deciding to be a college QB coach now.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Not sure why Rhule would wait to announce it though? I assumed it was someone else coaching still.
Probably because there may be other coaching changes being explored, not yet certain or settled and Rhule would prefer to announce everything all together. At this point there's basically no rush since signing day is past and Spring practice is still a long way off. In the end there might not be any changes but I'd guess things are being explored right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
Hes a mechanics coach and dylan can work with him even if hes not on the staff.

We need a guy who knows xs and os and the offense, film, etc.

My thoughts exactly. I’d be fine with him being our QB coach I guess. But why not get a more experienced guy knowing the Raiolas can and probably will work with him anyway.

Making pre snap reads, progressions, adjusting protections, lots of team aspect and game action stuff. But that said, if the guy played in the NFL it’s not like that stuff would be foreign to him. And I’d rather have a coach who is great at talent development than a guy who checks all of the boxes but isn’t a difference maker in any aspect.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That’s exactly what this guy does mechanics and throwing . A QB coach also teaches a Qb how to read a defense. This guy is like a swing coach in golf . He doesn’t teach the golf strategy on the course. And this guy doesn’t teach a Qb how to read a defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT