ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Staged Train Crashes

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
I would be first in line for a ticket should this be brought back

also - where the heck have all the televised building raisings gone?

Reactions: leodisflowers
I'd pay money to watch that, haha.

We went to a demo derby last year and the last event was a school bus derby. That was a blast, and the first time they hit you could FEEL it, you don't realize how much force there is going into it until that.

Reactions: king_kong_
I'd pay money to watch that, haha.

We went to a demo derby last year and the last event was a school bus derby. That was a blast, and the first time they hit you could FEEL it, you don't realize how much force there is going into it until that.
Colorado National Speedway in Erie has 2 events that are very fun.

Demo Cross- Basically a small oval in the infield with large mounds to go over. As you navigate the dirt to pavement to dirt oval it is a demo derby at the same time. There is a 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive division. Pretty fun to watch.

Trains- A very large car in front like old 2 or 4 door Lincolns, cadi. All engine no brakes. That car is chained to a small car in the middle with no engine and no brakes. The back car is usually a smaller car with no engine but brakes. Driver in front and back. Race a 10 lap figure 8 course. Hilarious and entertaining.

They used to do the bus races but don't any longer.

We used to have trailer races. Any vehicle could enter but you had to pull a trailer of some sort. Object was to ram the trailer and get it unhooked from the vehicle. Fairboard had to bring in additional portable grandstand it was so popular.

Unfortunately they discontinued a few years ago 😕 😔 😪. A HUGE mess to clean up and a lot of metal would get pushed into the track.....hard on tires of race cars. Also think the board felt they'd been lucky and no real injuries and they didn't want to roll the dice any longer. Liability isn't fun

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT