ADVERTISEMENT

Watson at Rivals Camp in Philly

Anybody know what the caliber of competition was as that particular QB camp? Did he beat out any notables to win the MVP award?
It was apparently a really deep QB field. According to Rivals. Also according to Rivals he has filled out a bit.

QUARTERBACK MVP: William Watson​

Watson appeared like a unique quarterback than in years previous. He’s actually stuffed out and it has helped his throwing movement and the extra energy was apparent. The Nebraska commit was the most constant all through the day and, regardless that it was a really deep quarterback group, Watson was capable of shine via drills, routes on air, and in 1-on-1s. His ball placement was wonderful and he was capable of throw precisely and on time on routes in direction of the sideline, throughout the center, and down the subject. It was actually spectacular to see how he was capable of lead receivers that he’s by no means actually performed with. Syncing up his timing with new receivers is essential in these conditions and it bodes effectively for his future in Lincoln.

It was apparently a really deep QB field. According to Rivals. Also according to Rivals he has filled out a bit.

Watson appeared like a unique quarterback than in years previous. He’s actually stuffed out and it has helped his throwing movement and the extra energy was apparent. The Nebraska commit was the most constant all through the day and, regardless that it was a really deep quarterback group, Watson was capable of shine via drills, routes on air, and in 1-on-1s. His ball placement was wonderful and he was capable of throw precisely and on time on routes in direction of the sideline, throughout the center, and down the subject. It was actually spectacular to see how he was capable of lead receivers that he’s by no means actually performed with. Syncing up his timing with new receivers is essential in these conditions and it bodes effectively for his future in Lincoln.
Strange wording in that article.

this is very, very difficult to read

I hope the caliber of players rivals is able to attract to their camps is 10,000x the writers they're able to attract to their website

this is very, very difficult to read

I hope the caliber of players rivals is able to attract to their camps is 10,000x the writers they're able to attract to their website

This is the actual article....reads a little better.

Watson looked like a different quarterback than in years past. He’s really filled out and it has helped his throwing motion and the additional power was obvious. The Nebraska commit was the most consistent throughout the day and, even though it was a very deep quarterback group, Watson was able to shine through drills, routes on air, and in 1-on-1s. His ball placement was excellent and he was able to throw accurately and on time on routes towards the sideline, across the middle, and down the field. It was really impressive to see how he was able to lead receivers that he’s never really played with. Syncing up his timing with new receivers is key in these situations and it bodes well for his future in Lincoln.
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH

Thanks for the additional info. You'd hope an old veteran like Whipple knows what he's doing by now. Not that it really matters but I wonder if Rivals will upgrade his rating.

Was this article written by a robot or ESL?

I found the description of Watson as being “stuffed out” especially odd.
Sounds like young east coast college lingo maybe. I would bet some sophomore sports journalism student wrote it. Then there's always the inability to form complete sentences showing up in kids who have texted and posted on social media since they could they were in diapers.....

Reactions: phoenix4nu
That's a throw in the video clips that Husker fans haven't seen in years. Feeling a lot better about passing up Flores for this kid now.
I have never been critical of them taking Watson if Whipple thinks he is a really good QB. However, that throw made me nervous because if the DB turns around and jumps, that ball could have been picked. When I first saw the video, I thought the throw was EXACTLY what we have seen for years, red zone turnovers killing scoring drives.

I have never been critical of them taking Watson if Whipple thinks he is a really good QB. However, that throw made me nervous because if the DB turns around and jumps, that ball could have been picked. When I first saw the video, I thought the throw was EXACTLY what we have seen for years, red zone turnovers killing scoring drives.

He's at a camp throwing to dudes he has no chemistry with. He gets the ball out quick, hits the WR in stride, up high; and the DB does turn around it's just too late because the ball is perfectly thrown. If AM makes that throw it either goes in the stands or floats forever and does get picked or broken up.

Costelli has been in the portal since 11/23. It looks like he would rather not play for a major program even though he demonstrated having the tools to do so.
Best of luck to him.

He's at a camp throwing to dudes he has no chemistry with. He gets the ball out quick, hits the WR in stride, up high; and the DB does turn around it's just too late because the ball is perfectly thrown. If AM makes that throw it either goes in the stands or floats forever and does get picked or broken up.
If NU has a really good year, beats a quality bowl opponent, and all the staff is retained I will be real happy. If so, Whipple will have the opportunity to bring WWIII along and maybe he will be a great QB for NU....I hope so!

However, I assume you know where I'm coming from since you have been here a long time. After the last seven years I more or less read between the lines of every Nebraska Football news story to try to figure out how it will turn out bad for us (and yes, that is sad). So....sorry I dumped on your post about how good his TD throw was, but I have become jaded and only look for the "bad".

Reactions: BleedRed78
If NU has a really good year, beats a quality bowl opponent, and all the staff is retained I will be real happy. If so, Whipple will have the opportunity to bring WWIII along and maybe he will be a great QB for NU....I hope so!

However, I assume you know where I'm coming from since you have been here a long time. After the last seven years I more or less read between the lines of every Nebraska Football news story to try to figure out how it will turn out bad for us (and yes, that is sad). So....sorry I dumped on your post about how good his TD throw was, but I have become jaded and only look for the "bad".
WWIII!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT