ADVERTISEMENT

Was Urban Meyer just ..

Yes. And at this point I wouldn't be mad. He sees McAffrey and wants a third title.
He won two at Florida, one at Ohio State. He has 3 already. The man would die if he coached again, he can't help but be too obsessive.

Meyer will not come to a program that doesn't have a strong recruiting base - his strength. The state of Nebraska - seriously ? If he does come back, it will be in Texas, Georgia, California, Florida. Ohio is the other state with strong HS recruiting. Cmon people, do you see a pattern here ?

Meyer will not come to a program that doesn't have a strong recruiting base - his strength. The state of Nebraska - seriously ? If he does come back, it will be in Texas, Georgia, California, Florida. Ohio is the other state with strong HS recruiting. Cmon people, do you see a pattern here ?

100% true. He needs the goods on a silver platter at this stage. That won't stop him from telling USC that Nebraska said they'd pay him $12 million/year though.

Urban would be 7-2 with this team right now.
Good Lord. No he wouldn't. His "thing" is overwhelming the opponent with talent. He might be one of the top 2 or 3 recruiters of all time. He has lost to teams like Iowa and Purdue - and Maryland took him into OT last year. But yeah, he'd take one look at Nebraska's current talent then realize the NU recruiting base and …...well, you get the idea. He had a talented roster at OSU when he returned in 2012.

Urban Meyer would be great short term but he only lasts around 5 years before off field problems catch up with him and he has to leave for “health issues” Then we are back looking again.

Agree and if you look at this 247 Sports Roster talent based on previous recruiting, USC has some great talent already for him on the roster. He'll have his pick of schools if he does return. USC or FSU maybe.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Ya, I just think U$C makes so much sense...doesn't have to compete with Clem$on in the ACC or recruit in $EC territory...only really would have Oregon and Washington to deal with in recruiting but he will get who he wants

Good Lord. No he wouldn't. His "thing" is overwhelming the opponent with talent. He might be one of the top 2 or 3 recruiters of all time. He has lost to teams like Iowa and Purdue - and Maryland took him into OT last year. But yeah, he'd take one look at Nebraska's current talent then realize the NU recruiting base and …...well, you get the idea. He had a talented roster at OSU when he returned in 2012.
We pissed 3 of the 5 losses away due to poor coaching. Yea, I would say 7-2 for not just Urban, but may other competent coaches out there. And this is not a 7-2 team by any means.

We pissed 3 of the 5 losses away due to poor coaching. Yea, I would say 7-2 for not just Urban, but may other competent coaches out there. And this is not a 7-2 team by any means.
Our schedule’s insanely weak. That’s the only reason we should be 7-2

Ya, I just think U$C makes so much sense...doesn't have to compete with Clem$on in the ACC or recruit in $EC territory...only really would have Oregon and Washington to deal with in recruiting but he will get who he wants
your "$" joke wasnt really even funny the first time, just cringe

I would have to go back and watch it to be 100% sure. What I heard Meyer say was that there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. Pretty much what some posters on here say.

I would have to go back and watch it to be 100% sure. What I heard Meyer say was that there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. Pretty much what some posters on here say.
Yeah, he did say something to that effect. Don't care for him, but the guy knows football.

Urban Meyer would be great short term but he only lasts around 5 years before off field problems catch up with him and he has to leave for “health issues” Then we are back looking again.
Actually, I believe his cyst and health issues are legit this time as he actually had a procedure on it just a couple of years or so ago. The first time around when he left Florida was just BS ! I think it's 50/50 on whether he returns again this time around. USC makes a lot of sense if he does.

100% true. He needs the goods on a silver platter at this stage. That won't stop him from telling USC that Nebraska said they'd pay him $12 million/year though.
So did/does Scott Frost.

You are Frickin Delusional if you think UM would go to your Dumpster Fire in Lincoln. Ahahaa

If Urb were to come to NU, we would have top flight recruits committing without even visiting. But Urban will never be the coach here.
Agree - again, he won't go anywhere that doesn't have a recruiting base. Every time he talks about a successful program, he states emphatically it starts with recruiting. Do you really believe he's going to put pressure on himself to travel hundreds and even thousands of miles to put together his usual monster recruiting class.

And here's something to think about. He still lives in Columbus and just opened a business in Dublin - a suburb of Columbus. If you listen to him, Urban and wife Shelley both still love OSU and he stops by their practices every once in awhile. He's currently the Asst AD at OSU. He does not get along, however, with current OSU President Drake who getting ready to retire.. Many speculate that he could possibly return to OSU if Day fails (highly unlikely now) or moves on to the NFL - a possiblity.

your "$" joke wasnt really even funny the first time, just cringe

Wasn't meant to be funny...it is U$C, you know coming off probation and getting Pete Carroll a show cause

U$C is one of the most sanctioned football programs

Cringe all you want, I don't care

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT