ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Dylan Raiola doesn’t get pressured into being a Husker.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't pick Georgia. Having said that I'm glad Rhule is doing everything he can to recruit him here and isn't getting too drunk at the golf course to visit him.

If their OC leaves for the NFL that should help our chances .

Reactions: BleedRed78
People also need to understand that putting too much pressure on a recruit and/or the family can backfire. They can also be turned off by too much pressure.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
We all obviously want him to be a Husker, but I have doubts about whether that is what he wants. Our fans are dissecting his interviews for signs of hope, but he is in a challenging position and has to be diplomatic. With his uncle on our staff and his family legacy with the Huskers, of course he is going to voice interest in Nebraska until the end.

I get the feeling his heart is elsewhere, however. I hope I am wrong, and he wants to come here and help us restore our program.
He will get pressured into committing somewhere. Pressure is not a bad thing. You don't think that being in the presence of lets say Saban that doesn't cause pressure? You can be the most honest decent human being and have the students best interest no. 1 and you will still cause pressure. Pressure is just a natural by product of almost all sales presentations.

I wonder if Donovan’s contract “accidentally” fell out of Rhule’s pocket onto the floor while in the Raiola home

Better yet - arrange for Dylan to wake up with a copy of Donovan’s contract on his pillow just to be sure the message is clear
- Godfather style

I hope that Dylan is pressured to pick NU. I hope that all his friends tell him to pick NU. I hope his heart tells him to pick NU. Then I want his brain to tell him to pick NU. Then I want him to pick NU. Then I want him to sign his LOI to NU. Then I want the fans to have unrealistic expectations while he attends NU. Then I want him to actively recruit other 5-star recruits to NU. I want all the pressure to be on him and the rest of the team as they win week after week. Looking forward to a lot of pressure.
Exactly. Kid is getting pressure from every school. I'm convinced now OP is a woman.

You,we, husker coaches, husker fans have to be optimistic. It's sales. You have to keep trying and not get discouraged. Treat it like cold calling. A horrible experience and it takes hutspa to keep trying after the first 6 "nos ".

This was covered in a Ren and Stimpy episode.

Stimpy invented a device to make Ren artificially happy since he was so miserable all the time.

Ren finally destroyed the device, realized what Stimpy had been up to and went berserk.

There are a segment of people who are exactly like Ren at the end of the episode:

• [A ticked off Ren stomps over to Stimpy and grabs him around the neck just as the song ends.]
  • Stimpy: Ren, you're... you're angry?
  • Ren: (insanely livid) YOU'RE DARN TOOTIN' I'M ANGRY! I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS ANGRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! [starts shaking like he's having a seizure when suddenly he stops.] Hey... I feel great! I love being angry! Thank you, Stimpy!
  • Stimpy: [astonished] Happy to be of service...?
Thank you. You have helped me immensely to understand!

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Exactly. Kid is getting pressure from every school. I'm convinced now OP is a woman.
Seinfeld-NTTAWWT.gif

We all obviously want him to be a Husker, but I have doubts about whether that is what he wants. Our fans are dissecting his interviews for signs of hope, but he is in a challenging position and has to be diplomatic. With his uncle on our staff and his family legacy with the Huskers, of course he is going to voice interest in Nebraska until the end.

I get the feeling his heart is elsewhere, however. I hope I am wrong, and he wants to come here and help us restore our program.
I hope we offer him more money than the SEC teams and it’s a no-brainer…

Maybe he comes here maybe not. But to even be in the conversation for the number 1 overall recruit coming off the heals if a 4 win season. The staff needs put on the full court press.
this screams participation trophy/moral victory..

I don't think it's a good look personally.

The staff is doing fine in recruiting right now, let's see what spring ball looks like (I know it is not supposed to matter) but maybe we can get an idea of what things will sort of look like for next season.

To me, that will be exciting and encouraging news.. based on what happens on the field.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79

Funniest post I read in a long time 🤣

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

I get the feeling his heart is elsewhere, however. I hope I am wrong, and he wants to come here and help us restore our program

The staff is doing fine in recruiting right now, let's see what spring ball looks like (I know it is not supposed to matter) but maybe we can get an idea of what things will sort of look like for next season.

To me, that will be exciting and encouraging news.. based on what happens on the field.
Sure it does doesnt look good to you. But you don't live in reality. You are just miserable. I don't try to live life through a team like you. Good luck on misery.

Reactions: headcard

You are falling farther and farther off the rails. First put women in there place in Any means possible now dilusional about a football team wow dude.

Sure it does doesnt look good to you. But you don't live in reality. You are just miserable. I don't try to live life through a team like you. Good luck on misery.
???

You are falling farther and farther off the rails. First put women in there place in Any means possible now dilusional about a football team wow dude.
???

you seem to be the one off the rails.. and off your meds

His family may be wealthy but…NIL money will undoubtedly come in to play .

I feel that the coming Football season will have a bigger affect on his recruiting. Should Nebraska have some on field success, and a few high profile recruits pick the Huskers , we may see Dylan in Scarlet and Cream !

Last edited:
one thing that is in our favor, particularly at QB, is that in order to showcase your talent you have to get on the field

no guarantees at USC, Georgia or Alabama as they are going to recruit a similar caliber QB as Dylan each year

there is a chance you could have all american potential and not be the starter - Burrow and Hurts are both examples

better chance of playing early and often here

His family may be wealthy but…NIL money will undoubtedly come in to play .

I feel that the coming Football season will have a bigger affect on his recruiting. Should Nebraska have some on field success, and a few high profile recruits pick the Huskers , we may see Dylan in Crimson and Cream !
Hmmm. On purpose or not? If not on purpose turn in your Husker card.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT