ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO/QUOTES: Rutgers HC Greg Schiano previews Nebraska game

Richie O

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hey guys! Richie O'Leary here, publisher of The Knight Report aka the Rutgers-Rivals site. Just wanted to drop by and post our video from RU head coach Greg Schiano's press conference today. I'll try to stop by throughout the week and answer any questions you guys have + I'll drop all our game week links below as well.

Hey guys! Richie O'Leary here, publisher of The Knight Report aka the Rutgers-Rivals site. Just wanted to drop by and post our video from RU head coach Greg Schiano's press conference today. I'll try to stop by throughout the week and answer any questions you guys have + I'll drop all our game week links below as well.

Rutgers' fans were among the best I ever experienced on the road. Was a great experience.

Rutgers' fans were among the best I ever experienced on the road. Was a great experience.
I’m on faculty at Rutgers and I have season tickets at half price. I’ve only been there for a short time so I’m not really “fan“. I’ve gone to a few games and I heard Schiano speak a couple of times. He is very sharp and very impressive. The team plays with great vigor and is very tough defensively. The running back is outstanding and difficult to tackle because he’s load of the ground. This is going to be a really tough game.

By the way, they have a great before the game ritual. Instead of the tunnel walk, they have the Scarlet Knight riding on a horse. On the video scoreboard over the stadium you can see the Scarlet Knight riding his horse through campus. It’s the same tape every time and it’s not really happening, but when the tape ends the real Scarlet night actually appears at the open end of the stadium and rides on the horse. It’s really great! You also get to hear a lot of Bon Jovi songs when the game is going on.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
I’m on faculty at Rutgers and I have season tickets at half price. I’ve only been there for a short time so I’m not really “fan“. I’ve gone to a few games and I heard Schiano speak a couple of times. He is very sharp and very impressive. The team plays with great vigor and is very tough defensively. The running back is outstanding and difficult to tackle because he’s load of the ground. This is going to be a really tough game.

By the way, they have a great before the game ritual. Instead of the tunnel walk, they have the Scarlet Knight riding on a horse. On the video scoreboard over the stadium you can see the Scarlet Knight riding his horse through campus. It’s the same tape every time and it’s not really happening, but when the tape ends the real Scarlet night actually appears at the open end of the stadium and rides on the horse. It’s really great! You also get to hear a lot of Bon Jovi songs when the game is going on.
Time Story GIF

We met a nice Rutgers fan couple when we went to Durango and the 4 corners area under schianos first stint at Rutgers roughly 15 years ago. Great visit

Hard not to like this guy and what he's doing over there... This being his 2nd stint I see him settling in for the long haul over there. That's gonna be an issue as he's the type who can and will build one heck of a team... I could see where they could be the next Snyder/K-State type team where they're always in a conversation for the top of the B1G

I don't get why everyone slurps schiano

guy's been to 8 bowl games in his entire career

big whoop. hope we kick the shit out of him and rub his nose in it
Another big stat with them is they have 4 sacks this entire year. Dylan should have plenty of time to sit back and pick them apart. Illinois said the same shit about disguising coverages and causing him to throw picks and guess what... Didn't happen. I just hope for once Satt tries to get a little bit better in the run game and we should win comfortably.

Hard not to like this guy and what he's doing over there... This being his 2nd stint I see him settling in for the long haul over there. That's gonna be an issue as he's the type who can and will build one heck of a team... I could see where they could be the next Snyder/K-State type team where they're always in a conversation for the top of the B1G
Maybe just a rumor, but I also heard he has contacts on Madison Avenue in Manhattan that are being used to create NIL opportunities. That may be part of the reason why he’s doing well.

Another big stat with them is they have 4 sacks this entire year. Dylan should have plenty of time to sit back and pick them apart. Illinois said the same shit about disguising coverages and causing him to throw picks and guess what... Didn't happen. I just hope for once Satt tries to get a little bit better in the run game and we should win comfortably.
Total Defense - NU 19, RU 69 (Rushing D - NU 15, RU 98)
Total Offense - NU 62, RU 48 (Rushing O - NU 87, RU 12)
Turnover Margin - NU +5, RU +3
Rutgers will want to control the ball and keep Raiola off the field. Statistically, Rutgers' D is a little leaky and Satt should be able to find some running plays that hit. Rutgers has a stout running game, but nearly 2/3 of that came against Howard and Akron. The only decent run defense they have faced is UDub (#51).

If you say so

I didn’t know he worked for/closely with the shower clapper

This thread is very informative
The thing with the Rutgers Landscape compared to the Nebraska Lincoln landscape is The Huskers are the Big boys in the neighborhood, pretty much the only show in town.

In NJ we have a Fanbase of Pro ball Fans.
NY Giants, NY Jets and Philadelphia Eagles play and 1 1/2 hours from Rutgers University. a 3 hour drive to see the Washington Commanders.
Also have the NY Knicks and Brooklyn Nets an hour and a halfway and the Philadelphia 76ers.
NY Rangers an hour and a half and the Philadelphia Flyers.
Not to mention the NY Mets or the NY Yankees.
So the airwaves are loaded with Pro Teams in our area and all within driving distance.
We have fans on our forum today deciding to go to the Mets game or stay home to watch RU NEB game.

The thing with the Rutgers Landscape compared to the Nebraska Lincoln landscape is The Huskers are the Big boys in the neighborhood, pretty much the only show in town.

NY Giants, NY Jets and Philadelphia Eagles play and 1 1/2 hours from Rutgers University. a 3 hour drive to see the Washington Commanders.
Also have the NY Knicks and Brooklyn Nets an hour and a halfway and the Philadelphia 76ers.
So the airwaves are loaded with Pro Teams in our area and all within driving distance.
We have fans on our forum today deciding to go to the Mets game or stay home to watch RU NEB game.
So no one is a die hard. Got it.

Also, most Nebraska fans are fans of other pro teams also. Dumb argument.

Teams like the Washington Huskies had the highest attendance in the Pac despite the Seahawks. Texas Longhorns etc have great fanbases despite pro teams around.

Rutgers has 600,000 alumni to Nebraska's 193,000~. The excuses are dumb. Some teams just don't have very passionate fanbases.

So no one is a die hard. Got it.

Also, most Nebraska fans are fans of other pro teams also. Dumb argument.

Teams like the Washington Huskies had the highest attendance in the Pac despite the Seahawks. Texas Longhorns etc have great fanbases despite pro teams around.

Rutgers has 600,000 alumni to Nebraska's 193,000~. The excuses are dumb. Some teams just don't have very passionate fanbases.
We have RutgersAl

what does this have to do with schiano potentially having been complicit in the locker room horrors at PSU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT