ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer talking about Haarberg

Stirring up some troll stew?
nope, just a genuine post.

you probably took it as trolling because it was directed at you.

I am ignorant to the backstory besides knowing Chubba needs groin surgery. But was his injury so bad that he couldn’t start all year? It seem ridiculous that Sims or HH would start over him

championing one of the most selfish players in NU history, who ignored the coaches and called his own number on the goal line vs Maryland ahead of blowing the game and who was too much of a bitch to face the media after blowing the iowa game, over the homegrown kid who gives his heart & soul to NU was a bad look then.

it's an even worse look now.

I’m not as willing to fight the world about it as Kong, but the fact is there have been a lot of posters here that absolutely love to shit on Haarberg repeatedly. Apparently because Kong likes him? Makes total sense. I think he represents everything about Nebraska football that we claim to love as a fanbase. And, a knucklehead should have seen all along that he can help us win games.

You're just trolling. He wouldn't be a QB at NU if Scott Frost had recruited someone besides Amart to compete for the job. He's a good guy and is out of position.
writing off a kid with endless physical tools who played Class C football and never had a position coach until this offseason - that's just good, sound fandom right there!

and I'm the troll. Laughing

so glad Rhule sees what I always have in HH.

You're just trolling. He wouldn't be a QB at NU if Scott Frost had recruited someone besides Amart to compete for the job. He's a good guy and is out of position.
I have to disagree with you somewhat. I think we need a more accurate passer than him at QB BUT I also believes he compares favorably to some of the guys Tom recruited as QBs. His comp for me is a guy I played against and that's Jeff Quinn. Haarberg is probably not suited to be a drop back pro style QB but he could have operated Tom's option offense where he only had to throw the ball 10-15 times per game. I'm glad we have him as a backup because I do believe he could win some games for us if Raiola goes out.

I'm not sure why Kong feels the need to stir this sh## up again.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
writing off a kid with endless physical tools who played Class C football and never had a position coach until this offseason - that's just good, sound fandom right there!

and I'm the troll. Laughing

so glad Rhule sees what I always have in HH.
Rhule went after Jeff Sims after looking at his QB room. Nothing wrong with making the best of what you got. HH is a good teammate. I love that Rhule had him out there to see what he could do to help the team. Don't confuse that with your trolling others for seeing that HH is not a P5 starting QB. He wouldn't be on the depth chart in another year. You know it and that's why you're trolling.

Rhule went after Jeff Sims after looking at his QB room. Nothing wrong with making the best of what you got. HH is a good teammate. I love that Rhule had him out there to see what he could do to help the team. Don't confuse that with your trolling others for seeing that HH is not a P5 starting QB. He wouldn't be on the depth chart in another year. You know it and that's why you're trolling.
well he might start at Iowa.....

he'll be #2 in the QB room next year, too.

better prepare for that reality now, lest you be disappointed yet again, troll.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce1981
well he might start at Iowa.....
Haarberg would start for at least 5 B1G teams this weekend if he were on their roster.

iowa, rutgers, purdue, illinois and northwestern.

just off the top of my head. I don't know who UCLA's or minnesota's QB is.

he'll be #2 in the QB room next year, too.

better prepare for that reality now, lest you be disappointed yet again, troll.
Bigboxes is hardly a troll. He is one of the long time posters on this board and is well liked. You on the other hand? Hot and cold as a poster. You are actually pretty astute I think when you are not stirring shit up on purpose as in this thread. Only an idiot wouldn’t have loved that video with Urban. Glad you posted it. Choked me up a bit actually. But then you had to go and ruin it by insinuating that those of us who think HH is a below average QB and is best suited as a tight end, must hate the kid and would hate this video.
You sir are the troll, not boxes.

Bigboxes is hardly a troll. He is one of the long time posters on this board and is well liked. You on the other hand? Hot and cold as a poster. You are actually pretty astute I think when you are not stirring shit up on purpose as in this thread. Only an idiot wouldn’t have loved that video with Urban. Glad you posted it. Choked me up a bit actually. But then you had to go and ruin it by insinuating that those of us who think HH is a below average QB and is best suited as a tight end, must hate the kid and would hate this video.
You sir are the troll, not boxes.
I didn't post that video.

@bigboxes said HH won't even be on the QB depth chart next season

and I'm the troll

too funny

everyone who wrote off HH after receiving zero (literally zero) QB coaching in his entire life and winning more games last year than any NU QB since Tommy Armstrong is clueless. simple as that.

the fact you and boxes and many others continue to write him off - while also acting giddy at the notion he could (gasp!) throw the ball on a trick play one day - is even funnier to me.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'm unabashedly a fan of Haarberg, but the video is bigger than him actually. This team has the chemistry that we've been missing for years. The way that Raiola greeted him back to the huddle for his third play tells you what you need to know. I predict that Haarberg makes a game-winning play this season and I'm here for all of it. Even you guys.

I think Rhule likes a QB that can run a bit. He likes to be able to grind out yards and bleed clock. Raiola has shown that he will take running yards if the opposing D is handing it out. He thought he could “fix” Sims and get a dynamic athlete at QB, but he was wrong.

Reactions: king_kong_
Anyway, I'm unabashedly a fan of Haarberg, but the video is bigger than him actually. This team has the chemistry that we've been missing for years. The way that Raiola greeted him back to the huddle for his third play tells you what you need to know. I predict that Haarberg makes a game-winning play this season and I'm here for all of it. Even you guys.
I agree with you. even if others in this thread don't:

The last place you want him to be is doing anything in the red zone when the game is still on the line. Wildcat? Why? So he can fumble?

Haarberg is a cultural cornerstone in the foundation of this rebuild. if Rhule goes on to the championship-level of success we all hope he will, we will have kids like HH to thank for it.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I didn't post that video.

@bigboxes said HH won't even be on the QB depth chart next season

and I'm the troll

too funny

everyone who wrote off HH after receiving zero (literally zero) QB coaching in his entire life and winning more games last year than any NU QB since Tommy Armstrong is clueless. simple as that.

the fact you and boxes and many others continue to write him off - while also acting giddy at the notion he could (gasp!) throw the ball on a trick play one day - is even funnier to me.
Boxes was expressing an opinion sincerely held. Turns out he was wrong. That hardly makes him a troll. Do you even know what a troll is? You might want to look in a mirror.

Boxes was expressing an opinion sincerely held. Turns out he was wrong. That hardly makes him a troll. Do you even know what a troll is? You might want to look in a mirror.
I am expressing an opinion sincerely held.

have been for years.

it's what's made you and others think I'm a troll in the first place, despite it being overwhelmingly correct.

classic

I love me sum boxes...to call him a troll is beyond silly.
I have nothing against @bigboxes, either.

the fact he stated HH won't be on the QB depth chart next year in this thread is either a troll post or an idiotic opinion.

I suppose I will let him tell us which, and I will refer to him thusly.

What a tired argument. It's like a bad rerun. Glad HH has embraced the #2 roll. Glad he is a Husker. Glad he is not the starter.
there's nothing to argue.

it's been settled.

all the purds have been flushed.

HH is playing his part in ushering us back to prominence, much to the chagrin of the many, many haters and losers.

it's well documented that people here who post moronic opinions should be made to wallow in them.

@RedMyMind has been "fathered in" and can continue shitting on HH if he wishes due to his personal past. everybody else can suck it.

I’m not as willing to fight the world about it as Kong, but the fact is there have been a lot of posters here that absolutely love to shit on Haarberg repeatedly. Apparently because Kong likes him? Makes total sense. I think he represents everything about Nebraska football that we claim to love as a fanbase. And, a knucklehead should have seen all along that he can help us win games.

It often seems that some, go completely overboard on trashing HH simply because they hate Kong that much. Collateral hate if you will… Which is so on brand for 2024 🫤 We hate our friends, family and neighbors because of who they support politically.

Classic Kong, ridiculously so. Starting crap to rile up Husker fans. #3007 of this kind of posting, followed by indignation that no one can see him for the amazing poster that he is.

@king_kong_, please keep posting this stuff. It is gold. And also please lose the commentary.

These types of threads are such a tedious shiatshow. Why can't we just celebrate the fact that Urban is talking about us, and our guys are embracing their roles?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT