ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer talking about Haarberg

Not everyone is as brilliant as you and has your foresight. With that said, maybe arrogance would be the better word.
"troll" "arrogant"

the same people who bristle at my prose always find themselves resorting to name calling & personal attacks

ironic

GBR

another multi-page bitchfest about the QB who carried us to 5 wins last year?

HH is such an easy guy to root for, it's truly bewildering how many here have this odd personal vendetta against the guy for not being Joe Burrow.

i hope he can find a Taysom Hill type role, make an NFL practice squad, store a few MM's in the bank then have a tremendous life for sticking thru the Frost-Rhule transition and being one of the only bright spots of 2023.

Reactions: leodisflowers
another multi-page bitchfest about the QB who carried us to 5 wins last year?

HH is such an easy guy to root for, it's truly bewildering how many here have this odd personal vendetta against the guy for not being Joe Burrow.

i hope he can find a Taysom Hill type role, make an NFL practice squad, store a few MM's in the bank then have a tremendous life for sticking thru the Frost-Rhule transition and being one of the only bright spots of 2023.
I think the vast amount of posters (could be wrong) love the guy. Many didn’t appreciate his abilities as a QB. Kong loves shining a spotlight on said posters. The bitchfest never would have happened if Kong didn’t go out of his way to, once again, express his dismay that posters would ever have had issues with Haarberg. Had he just posted the video and that’s it, we would likely still be on page one in this thread.

I strongly believe Kong measures his message board worth to the number of pages he can generate by his comments.

In real life he’s probably a great guy.

Ok I just waded through 2 1/2 pages of this stuff. lol

I don't always agree with @king_kong_ but I will say he is anything but thin-skinned. LOL

I wouldn't call him a troll, more of a contrarian in some cases. He clearly has a healthy ego, and a pretty good memory because he remembers a lot of things that I don't take to long term memory. I think he likes to point out when he was correct, especially to people that argued with him about it in the past. To me, that is more ego than trolling.

Reactions: king_kong_
I think the vast amount of posters (could be wrong) love the guy. Many didn’t appreciate his abilities as a QB. Kong loves shining a spotlight on said posters. The bitchfest never would have happened if Kong didn’t go out of his way to, once again, express his dismay that posters would ever have had issues with Haarberg. Had he just posted the video and that’s it, we would likely still be on page one in this thread.

I strongly believe Kong measures his message board worth to the number of pages he can generate by his comments.

if i recall, @king_kong_ was the first to be outspoken in support of starting HH over Sims.

then HH single-handedly breathed life back into an 0-2 team. posters got pissy when he pointed it out, and doubled down that HH isn't very good.

the problem is a lot of people evaluate teams like its Madden where individual players have numeric ratings. guys like HH have intangibles that create a force greater than the sum of its parts. most people who played an organized sport would know that, so its childish when people simply read off a HH stat-line and claim he was equal to Sims or Purdy.

Reactions: king_kong_
if i recall, @king_kong_ was the first to be outspoken in support of starting HH over Sims.

then HH single-handedly breathed life back into an 0-2 team. posters got pissy when he pointed it out, and doubled down that HH isn't very good.

the problem is a lot of people evaluate teams like its Madden where individual players have numeric ratings. guys like HH have intangibles that create a force greater than the sum of its parts. most people who played an organized sport would know that, so its childish when people simply read off a HH stat-line and claim he was equal to Sims or Purdy.
I still wonder what could have been if frost had any balls and started HH in 2021 as a true frosh with AM backing him up, as I called for ahead of that fateful "we're close" season

we sure as hell would've won more games last year

Reactions: thall_
I still wonder what could have been if frost had any balls and started HH in 2021 as a true frosh with AM backing him up, as I called for ahead of that fateful "we're close" season

we sure as hell would've won more games last year
Was he better than what we had?

I Hate Him Donna Meagle GIF by Parks and Recreation

this is wrong. and I didn't post the video.

my posts in this thread would've never taken place if certain posters hadn't misdirected their very visceral, emotional reactions to me personally at HH.

as many have noted in this thread (without any coercion), certain folks have gone out of their way for more than a year to shit on HH to spite me.

that is pathetic and deserves to be called out at every possible turn.

I'm glad right-thinking, objective people have seen it and called it out, too. those who are guilty will never fess up (cowards) and should be ashamed.

Was he better than what we had?

I Hate Him Donna Meagle GIF by Parks and Recreation
yes.

you'll never believe it, but people laughed and laughed and laughed at my suggestion AM was better suited to the backup role than starter and HH had the intangibles we needed in a leader based on 1 single spring game.

fast forward 1 year and he's winning a conf title as a backup at kst while we continued to wallow in nothingness. 1 more year and HH is leading our boys to the most wins we'd seen in years while clearly establishing himself as a leader in the locker room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT