ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Iowa Sucks

This is true. Iowa has been one game away. Nebraska has not. Neither team has been elite. Iowa has been closer. Much closer, and it isn't even close.

Iowa makes a shit bowl and some on here are critical. Iowa uses those practices. What do we do?
Ehhhh, bowl game practices are in December...the season starts in August, those practices don't really mean much 6 months later.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticalObserver
Ohio State has 8 national football championships
Minnesota has 7.
Michigan has 11.

But you guys are the best in history? yeah, right
Wait, so you came here to agree that NU is the best program in history?

Not often does a fan of another team do that so I applaud that. Thank you!

I take back what I was saying and I will admit that Kirk is an average coach.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiLoop
Ohio State has 8 national football championships
Minnesota has 7.
Michigan has 11.

But you guys are the best in history? yeah, right....
Dip shit, not one of those teams have ever been mentioned in the category of best teams ever…
Man your stupid and don’t know any football history..

1995 and 1971 teams have been in the conversation are you that dense..

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and Baxter48
It's two different things. Teams like Iowa use bowl game prep to get 3-4 deeps in in 1-2 deep rotation. And that is very significant for the next season.
Can you explain how it is two different things?

It is practicing 15 times and then not practicing again for 6 months.

Can you explain how it is two different things?

It is practicing 15 times and then not practicing again for 6 months.

Golf isn't close to football. Except possibly the kicker. If you don't think extra bowl game practices are helpful, we disagree, as do most people who have played D1 football (possibly even myself) and almost every FBS coach.

I'm not sure what to tell you since I've seen it firsthand, and second hand almost everyone agrees with what I'm stating.

You lost...when you are ranked and 9-2 and you need miracles...you lost. you know it, I know it and yellow dog knows it. That is how ****ing lame this conference is.
It’s such a pathetic look to tear everyone else down because you’re miserable. Most Nebby fans I’ve encountered in real life aren’t so sad, though, and acknowledge the Big Ten is the best place Nebraska could be. The fact they can’t beat many of the teams is your problem and no one else’s.

It’s such a pathetic look to tear everyone else down because you’re miserable. Most Nebby fans I’ve encountered in real life aren’t so sad, though, and acknowledge the Big Ten is the best place Nebraska could be. The fact they can’t beat many of the teams is your problem and no one else’s.
My problem?

Do...do you think I am Coach Frost?

Any Iowa fan would take nebraska's history and wouldn't think twice about it. Nebraska will probably never get back to that and some struggle with that. Iowa has been better in the last 15 to 20 years but nebraska easily has the history. 2001 miami is the best team ever

• Haha
Reactions: NeverWasHawk
Any Iowa fan would take nebraska's history and wouldn't think twice about it. Nebraska will probably never get back to that and some struggle with that. Iowa has been better in the last 15 to 20 years but nebraska easily has the history. 2001 miami is the best team ever
If I had to trade Nebraska’s history with Iowa’s currrent situation, I’m taking Iowa’s current situation 100% of the time. Nebraska hasn’t been relevant in any recruits lifetime. Nebraska can live in the past, I’d rather live in the present.

If I had to trade Nebraska’s history with Iowa’s currrent situation, I’m taking Iowa’s current situation 100% of the time. Nebraska hasn’t been relevant in any recruits lifetime. Nebraska can live in the past, I’d rather live in the present.
Ha...I mean, Huskers still get better recruiting classes than Iowa...soooo

• Wow
Reactions: RothMatt
That isn't exactly how it works. You can't deny their history. Nebraska will always be a factor with recruits

That isn't exactly how it works. You can't deny their history. Nebraska will always be a factor with recruits
It’s exactly how it works. Minnesota won a couple national championships, you think I wanna switch places with them? I would trade past histories, but I wouldn’t change past histories for Nebraska’s current status. Give me current success vs past.

• Haha
iowa’s last top 5 finish, 1960. That’s correct, even when they won the Bigten outright in 1985 they didn’t finish inside the top 5. Not one of the “great” iowa teams since 2000 has ever finished inside the top 5. Beating Nebraska and going to a bowl game are highlights of iowa fandom….

Reactions: scarletred
It’s exactly how it works. Minnesota won a couple national championships, you think I wanna switch places with them? I would trade past histories, but I wouldn’t change past histories for Nebraska’s current status. Give me current success vs past.
Minnesota never won a national title having to win a bowl game or never won one playing two platoon football….

Keep trying to compare yourself to Minnesota because your no different than them in the Scheme of things..

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
Complete ignorance displayed any time an iowa fan tries to compare Minnesota to Nebraska. Although Nebraska is clearly on the path these past 7 years, they need to continue for at least another 40 years to reach Minnesota level irrelevance.

• Haha
Reactions: BCDHawk
Minnesota never won a national title having to win a bowl game or never won one playing two platoon football….

Keep trying to compare yourself to Minnesota because your no different than them in the Scheme of things..
You are quite the historian. That will come more and more helpful around here when the next generation comes along and cant remember Nebraska being relevant. 😀

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT