ADVERTISEMENT

Two 5-star QBs, two 5-star WR's and a top RB? Yes please!!

the jesus win GIF

He isn't gonna sit on his hands.

It's a welcome change. I've felt that since Callahan left, Nebraska's never truly gone after top guys because they didn't think those top guys would come here. I've always felt like that was a defeatist attitude and that of course they'll never come here if you never try. I am very happy that this coaching staff is swinging for the fences first while identifying priority backup targets should those top guys go elsewhere.

So is McCord still in Lincoln today along with Fleming or did he go back to Ohio already?

Reactions: headcard
The two QBs are top priority in my book. Anything or anyone else is gravy.
Nope, need to get the talent in here to make a serious playoff run. Defensive pieces are set. Looks like we're in on some major offensive pieces. We need to be building our team into a national title contender.

Last edited:
It's a welcome change. I've felt that since Callahan left, Nebraska's never truly gone after top guys because they didn't think those top guys would come here. I've always felt like that was a defeatist attitude and that of course they'll never come here if you never try. I am very happy that this coaching staff is swinging for the fences first while identifying priority backup targets should those top guys go elsewhere.
Callahan showed you could recruit to Nebraska. Bo disagreed, "Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors."

We lost John Blake’s brown bags when he left. Vince Morrow has a similar reputation.

Reactions: Baxter48 and Laner2
Completely agree and have said this same thing many times.

I wonder too what happens to Kaelin if we get both McCord and Raiola on board? Will he stay? I doubt it.
I don't see why not? We literally have or will probably have an empty QB room. McCord is the bridge. Raiola and DK are the future. We went through 3 QB's this year alone due to injury.

I don't see why not? We literally have or will probably have an empty QB room. McCord is the bridge. Raiola and DK are the future. We went through 3 QB's this year alone due to injury.
Except Kaelin was originally committed to Missouri but did not come here until Raiola left for Georgia. Or did we even offer him a scholarship as we were courting Raiola? If not then maybe you are right. But if we did offer him and he said no until he saw Raiola bolt then I doubt he will still come here.

HH and Chubba may stay just because they know they do not have a snowball's chance in hell of starting anywhere. They know that they are just bench warmers for depth. But I am sure Kaelin wants to start somewhere...

Except Kaelin was originally committed to Missouri but did not come here until Raiola left for Georgia. Or did we even offer him a scholarship as we were courting Raiola? If not then maybe you are right. But if we did offer him and he said no until he saw Raiola bolt then I doubt he will still come here.

HH and Chubba may stay just because they know they do not have a snowball's chance in hell of starting anywhere. They know that they are just bench warmers for depth. But I am sure Kaelin wants to start somewhere...
We didn't accept DK's commit until DR chose Georgia. DR and DK were supposedly the only 2 qbs we truly offered.

Both freshman QB's can play in 4 games behind McCord next year.

I think you can still sell DK on the possibility of being a multi-year starter. DR could not RS next year, giving him a couple of series in every game (a lot of schools do this with the QB of the future). And then he leaves for the NFL after his Jr year, and DK still has two years to start,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT