ADVERTISEMENT

Trev getting paid!!

Reactions: HBK4life
didn't @Redmich already do a thread about this?
Yea - the overall consensus was that if the university wants to have a six figure payout for a metric that values the finish of your rifle and indoor track teams the same as football and basketball then that is their business

Seems stupid that you can earn a six figure bonus when your football team has never played in a bowl and your MBB team has never played in the post season during your tenure - but I guess I’m in the minority

I'm probably being negative, but I don't like how we game the system with field events when all anyone cares about is who the fastest are in track and field

Reactions: Redmich
But seriously. It's time to start winning in football and basketball!! No more fvcking excuses!! GBR!!
I would assume (maybe wrongfully) and hope that Trev has other kickers in his contract for Football and Basketball that are more lucrative. I’m guessing he’s missing it out on serious coin as a result of our on the field/court performance.

That's why I posted. I knew it would get some ass hairs in an uproar!! Laughing
Shouldn’t post a shit stirring thread shortly before a commitment announcement of a top rated recruit who is most likely N.

It will likely get buried quickly.

Rookie mistake Winking

Reactions: HBK4life
Nah... great post and well deserved by Trev.. As much as Football and Basketball brings money into the program, Trev is in charge of the WHOLE athletic department.. Be mad all you want Football and Basketball sucked, our other programs excelled and got the UNIVERSITY the highest finish since '15-'16. Great job by the athletes on the teams most of you don't care about

Reactions: Hawkdiver
Remind me again how many athletic departments are in the Black and actually give money back to the university? now how many of those have had terrible production out of their marquee/money making programs? I'd say he's doing a great job considering what he's been handed

Remind me again how many athletic departments are in the Black and actually give money back to the university? now how many of those have had terrible production out of their marquee/money making programs? I'd say he's doing a great job considering what he's been handed
The bonus has absolutely nothing with the finances it is solely based on teams performances based on Sears cup standings - and if you are saying he can’t be held responsible for the basketball and football programs that “he’s been handed” then explain why he should receive a bonus based on the teams performing well that by the same logic “he’s been handed”?

The athletic department was profitable long before Trev, even Eichorst and the Drunk Rancher Moos had our finances in shape.

Don't kid yourself, the AD's job at a Power 5 school is solely tied to the success of the football program. If Rhule doesn't win, Trev will suffer the same fate as the last two ADs, and the one before Osborne.

At Trev’s level $160k is garbage and likely came with some coaching feedback that Rhule better be the right guy.

I think Trev is confident (early signs are that he should be) and hopefully in the coming years his bonus is nearing the 7-figure range.

At Trev’s level $160k is garbage and likely came with some coaching feedback that Rhule better be the right guy.

I think Trev is confident (early signs are that he should be) and hopefully in the coming years his bonus is nearing the 7-figure range.
The bonus has nothing to do with anything other than sears cup standings - top 30 in the standings. There is nothing in this particular bonus about AD finances - or feedback about Rhule. It is simply were we top 30 in sears cup standing - yes or no?

The football team and basketball team could go winless forever and as long as the other teams perform he will qualify for this bonus

The bonus equates to 20% of his reported salary

The bonus has nothing to do with anything other than sears cup standings - top 30 in the standings. There is nothing in this particular bonus about AD finances - or feedback about Rhule. It is simply were we top 30 in sears cup standing - yes or no?

The football team and basketball team could go winless forever and as long as the other teams perform he will qualify for this bonus

Yep - but I’m sure he has kickers the better we do and I would be very surprised if 20% is the ceiling.

The bonus has absolutely nothing with the finances it is solely based on teams performances based on Sears cup standings - and if you are saying he can’t be held responsible for the basketball and football programs that “he’s been handed” then explain why he should receive a bonus based on the teams performing well that by the same logic “he’s been handed”?
Exactly right, TA gets paid enough as it is. If he had any interest at all in improving Nebraska athletics then he should take half the bonus and donate the other half to the lame a&# NIL project that to date has done nothing for the school.

I'm probably being negative, but I don't like how we game the system with field events when all anyone cares about is who the fastest are in track and field
Wrong. Field events win trophies. Can't be total focus but equally important as running events. All events score the same

Last edited:
Yea - the overall consensus was that if the university wants to have a six figure payout for a metric that values the finish of your rifle and indoor track teams the same as football and basketball then that is their business

Seems stupid that you can earn a six figure bonus when your football team has never played in a bowl and your MBB team has never played in the post season during your tenure - but I guess I’m in the minority
No. You were making a big deal about nothing. If it's in his contract that he gets a bonus for X, then he's getting a bonus for X. Trev made Rhule his first hire. He'll be judged on that you can bank on that. But as far as getting a bonus for reaching a metric, there is really no big deal.

No. You were making a big deal about nothing. If it's in his contract that he gets a bonus for X, then he's getting a bonus for X. Trev made Rhule his first hire. He'll be judged on that you can bank on that. But as far as getting a bonus for reaching a metric, there is really no big deal.
C'mon Boxes. If there is a stupid metric in your bosses contract that gets bonused, you are going to say it is a stupid metric. No one is saying he didn't earn the bonus just that they think it is a stupid metric.

C'mon Boxes. If there is a stupid metric in your bosses contract that gets bonused, you are going to say it is a stupid metric. No one is saying he didn't earn the bonus just that they think it is a stupid metric.
I'd say that if I was AD, I'd want such a metric in my contract. But yes, Trev needs the football team to get back to winning or it won't matter how well the athletic department does as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT