ADVERTISEMENT

Tracy Smith to ASU

Why? Who would want to play outside year round and try and recruit there? I am sure the facilities suck and he will probably have to take a huge pay cut.... am I right?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
Why? Who would want to play outside year round and try and recruit there? I am sure the facilities suck and he will probably have to take a huge pay cut.... am I right?
Indiana didn't want him anyway. Amirite?

Originally posted by RobsterMobster:
Well, looks like we may have shifted to the drivers seat of the Big Ten if we take advantage of the opportunity.
Nebraska will be the pre-eminent Big Ten baseball program over the next 10 years. That was going to happen even if Tracy Smith remained as coach at Indiana. But a strong Hoosier program will be better for both Nebraska and the conference. Losing Smith makes that more difficult.

Whaaaaat??

I remember a few years ago N fans chirping about how if you didn't run rough shod over the Big 10 then you would all most likely commit hari kari....

Nebraska will be the pre-eminent Big Ten baseball program over the next 10 years. That was going to happen even if Tracy Smith remained as coach at Indiana. But a strong Hoosier program will be better for both Nebraska and the conference. Losing Smith makes that more difficult.
You might wanna try winning it once before your 10 year domination begins...it may very well happen....doubtful though. But as long as Smith was the skip at Indiana - 2nd place was the best you were gonna do...Good Luck in the future. Lots of great baseball people on this board...as for me...Forks Up!

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike's Car:

You might wanna try winning it once before your 10 year domination begins...it may very well happen....doubtful though. But as long as Smith was the skip at Indiana - 2nd place was the best you were gonna do...Good Luck in the future. Lots of great baseball people on this board...as for me...Forks Up!
Nebraska has gotten better every year under Erstad and they are just a few years removed from the dumpster fire they were left in under Anderson. Let's not pretend it wouldn't have been a back and forth battle between the two schools over the next decade. However, Smith is gone and Indiana will hurt without him unfortunately.

I stand by my statement. I didn't predict 10 straight titles. Just that Nebraska will be the best program. Your "2nd was the best you were ever gonna do" statement is much more bold.
This post was edited on 12/3 7:28 PM by coolonetoo

Minnesota could be a team to watch out for. They return the nearly all of their lineup/pitching and they have been the most consistent program since we joined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT