ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 players O/D you try to keep

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Offense:

Ajay Allen - We have to find a way to keep this kid. Just an absolute stud.
Casey Thompson - Would be nice to just have some continuity. I feel like he can make all the throws we need
Corcoran - I know he has sucked, but maybe with some good coaching they can get him rolling.

Defense:
Hausmann - Really started to show what he could do
Hartzog - Another young stud
Ty Robinson - Same as Corcoran, but I feel like with some good coaching, he could finally hit his potential

Tommi Hill because he has a great way of starting us off inside our own 20 yard line.

All kidding aside your list looks just like mine would. If you are including incoming recruits I would add MC over Corcky

Offense:

Casey Thompson - Would be nice to just have some continuity. I feel like he can make all the throws we need
Corcoran - I know he has sucked, but maybe with some good coaching they can get him rolling.

Defense:
Ty Robinson - Same as Corcoran, but I feel like with some good coaching, he could finally hit his potential
it's a good list.. but let me ask it differently.. could you honestly tell any current player/recruit that their best choice is at Nebraska under the new regime?

I am not sure anyone can really say that, as we don't know.

It's going to require a complete rebuild, so if the new staff doesn't recruit you pretty hard, I'd say better find another opportunity somewhere else.

it's a good list.. but let me ask it differently.. could you honestly tell any current player/recruit that their best choice is at Nebraska under the new regime?

I am not sure anyone can really say that, as we don't know.

It's going to require a complete rebuild, so if the new staff doesn't recruit you pretty hard, I'd say better find another opportunity somewhere else.
Not sure why you are so down on Nebraska Football. I get your point, and yes Nebraska is down, but the brand still carries a lot of weight. A lot of these kids also came to Nebraska the school and not the coach. If they want to go, I get it, but I think a lot of these dudes actually just like being in the NU program.

I'm in wait and see mode with Rhule, but the dude does develop talent. I know NU is a different beast, but for me we actually have an ok roster to start with and there are some dudes that really could turn the corner with the right coach. There have been some flashes.

If I'm an OL, I'm probably actually pretty excited for a guy that focuses on that position and knows what it takes in the NFL to play the position. Shit on his pro career, fine, but the dude made it to that level and also won some games. Was he a great NFL guy? No, but it is damn hard in that league especially if you have a shit QB.

1) pouty that he didn't get his coach.
2) crypto markets are in meltdown mode.

Ho ho, NOT turning out to be a merry Christmas for Nikki sixx
don't make this about me.. it's not.

He asked some questions so I gave my opinion on it.

If a guy on the roster isn't highly recruited by the new staff, he should look for other opportunities, cause these guys are going to clean house.

So I am not sure it's about keeping certain players..

Even CT should be nervous about staying on.. certainly Rhule will look to recruit over him for next season.

Offense:

CT, Allen, and Washington. Fidone honorable mention.

Defense:

Don't see us having as much risk losing guys here. But I'd say Nelson, Wynn, and Hausmann. Gifford honorable mention.

Offense:

Defense:
This , spot on LF !

don't make this about me.. it's not.

He asked some questions so I gave my opinion on it.

If a guy on the roster isn't highly recruited by the new staff, he should look for other opportunities, cause these guys are going to clean house.

So I am not sure it's about keeping certain players..

Even CT should be nervous about staying on.. certainly Rhule will look to recruit over him for next season.
You might be right and we've all got to understand that there IS going to be a lot of flux in the coming months. However, I hope there's some buy in and the guys that do stay for this transition could be in for a memorable time. I know people shit on the idea of 6 wins and a bowl, but the next time Nebraska has a winning season and plays in a bowl will be pretty special. In any event, I really liked what Eli Drinkwitz said recently about the portal - something to the effect that everyone just wants to skip adversity and often they're just trading one set of problems for another.

I dont care who stays or goes. But whoever is here will be preparing and practicing like a real football team… and that will do wonders.
I do want the new staff to keep and develop all the current commits. Add maybe 4-5 as well and pick up a handful of transfers also.

Reactions: scarletred
Offense:

Defense:
I expect Corcoran and Robinson to break out next season. Way too much talent between them to be wasting away like they have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT