ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 RB's done for the year. RB injuries

Hope for a full recovery for those young men. That is rough. Appreciate their dedication.

That said, this season is quickly becoming a goner. Build depth for Ruhle's next season.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Isaiah Harris looked very good in the spring game. Luben is fine too. They’re already here and know the offense. Both could work in a pinch.
I don't see Harris on the roster. Do I just not see him? Does Luben have any speed to him? Ives is pretty light at 6'2" 185 pounds. Hopefully with the training table he has a little more muscle to him.

I don't see Harris on the roster. Do I just not see him? Does Luben have any speed to him? Ives is pretty light at 6'2" 185 pounds. Hopefully with the training table he has a little more muscle to him.
harris was listed on my Huskers.com roster today. His number is in the 30s.

Two weeks ago "F Grant, that F'er...why was he even in, boot his ass"

Today: "Can't wait to see what Grant can do as the #1"
That's right. Before today's injury news came out, there was an Omaha radio personality calling for Grant to get more carries. And that was 10 days after he asked why Grant was even getting to play at Minnesota.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
I was just on the Husker site. I even had my wife look at it because I can be dyslexic. It lists Hahn followed by Hartzog
You’re right. He gone apparently. I had to have been looking at an outdated page. ☹️

Odds that @king_kong_ will spam/self promote his post from 2 weeks ago that he would kick Anthony Grant off the team?

+18,000,000??

Glad he’s not the coach.
no need. I own that post and accept any and all criticism that stem from it.

I'd have sent grant packing for losing the MINN game.

Two weeks ago "F Grant, that F'er...why was he even in, boot his ass"

Today: "Can't wait to see what Grant can do as the #1"
I know what he can do as the #1.

excited to see the youngsters because grant is fairly limited.

That's right. Before today's injury news came out, there was an Omaha radio personality calling for Grant to get more carries. And that was 10 days after he asked why Grant was even getting to play at Minnesota.
Right. There were a few erratic children commenting on that ordeal.

It is odd, I don’t recall grant having a fumble reputation last year. Seems like a new flaw

The issue is the game was over, and we had already lost one of our top 3 backs. Just poor risk/benefit analysis..ie bad coaching decision.
And why doesn't he deserved to get more carries and what if you put someone else to mop up and they fumble. I guess everyone is OK with that. Lots of second guessing.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
running backs, starting pitching, and cars are a lot a like.

Once they break down they are usually never the same. But when you find a work horse you never let it go.

I know football injuries just are an expected part of the game BUT I thought Rhule's good on good scrimmages were supposed to help in not having so many. Well, there goes that theory but yes I do understand stuff happens. It's most unfortunate for the players involved of course to miss the rest of the season having put in so much work.

I know football injuries just are an expected part of the game BUT I thought Rhule's good on good scrimmages were supposed to help in not having so many. Well, there goes that theory but yes I do understand stuff happens. It's most unfortunate for the players involved of course to miss the rest of the season having put in so much work.
For what it’s worth, I would say rules good on good scrimmages, has done wonders for the defense. Their ability to tackle in space has been impressive, and their pursuit as well. Injuries happen, you’ve gotta have the team ready with the next man up.

I'm starting to think my fandom cursed this team. Same with the Pirates in baseball.

Looking to next year:

Anthony Grant - Gone from eligibility
Rahmir Johnson - Likely to be Gone
Gabe Ervin - 2 season ending injuries in 3 Seasons, injured for 4 games last year as well, probably shouldn't expect a ton from him

These last 9 games will be a good time for Johnson, Ives to get some real game reps and allow the coaching staff to know whether they need to hit to portal for 1-2 running backs in addition to Lacy

Last edited:
Looking to next year:

Gabe Ervin - 3 season ending injuries in 3 Seasons, probably shouldn't expect a ton from him

These last 9 games will be a good time for Johnson, Ives to get some real game reps and allow the coaching staff to know whether they need to hit to portal for 1-2 running backs in addition to Lacy
Yikes. Need a portal back and at least one more recruit. Lacy probably starts next year.

Looking to next year:

Gabe Ervin - 3 season ending injuries in 3 Seasons, probably shouldn't expect a ton from him

Ervin didn't suffer a season ending injury last season. According to his bio:

2022 (Redshirt Freshman)
Ervin returned from a season-ending injury in 2021 to play in eight games in 2022. He rushed for 94 yards on 20 carries and had an eight-yard reception.

Ervin had his first carry of the season against North Dakota and had a two-yard rush against Georgia Southern. Ervin led Nebraska with a career-high 60 rushing yards against No. 6 Oklahoma. He then had six carries for 21 yards against Indiana.

Ervin missed the next four games due to injury before returning with two carries for six yards at No. 3 Michigan. He had a four-yard carry the next week against Wisconsin. Ervin recorded his only reception of the season with an eight-yard catch at Iowa, and he also had two carries for two yards against the Hawkeyes.

If I remember correctly, Iowa was the last game of 2022.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT