ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 RB's done for the year. RB injuries

It made no sense, none, to have Grant or Ervin playing that late in the game—especially after RJ was already injured.
Exactly my thoughts as well when I saw him limping off the field that late in the game. I also think they should've put Purdy in a bit sooner, too. No sense in having those key players out there that late in an a game that's well in hand.

NIU must have been BEASTS! They took out half our roster!

so with 3 minutes in the game would you have had your first string rb playing with the game well in hand?
that's not what I said & you know it. I was only commenting on your ignorant post about the situation in the game when Gabe got injured. Personally, I probably wouldn't have had Gabe in the game at that point BUT I'm not the coach and I don't know their thought process as to why he was in there - and obviously, neither are you nor do you.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yup. I'm that old. Remember the really old floor models made with real wood and weighs a metric ton? I had to help someone move that bitch. I told the cheap bastards to just buy a new lighter wall model. 😢
Those TVs that used to cost $2500 can’t be given away now.

I don't get the condescension here? It is extremely common to pull star players out of games that are well in hand. There's no sense in risking injury, especially when you're already thin at a position. Ervin should have been pulled, and they were late in pulling HH, IMO.
Yeah like they don't need the work getting ready for the Big10, come on man.

The issue is the game was over, and we had already lost one of our top 3 backs. Just poor risk/benefit analysis..ie bad coaching decision.
Buffalo Bills still had their starter, James Cook, toting the rock in the 4th when the Bills were up 21.
Indy Colts still had Zach Moss running the ball with less than 3 minutes left in the game while up by 11.
Tony Pollard for the Cowboys was taking carries while they were up by 20 with only 6 minutes left in the game.

I don't get the condescension here? It is extremely common to pull star players out of games that are well in hand. There's no sense in risking injury, especially when you're already thin at a position. Ervin should have been pulled, and they were late in pulling HH, IMO.
There will be no questioning of the coaches, even if they have your support.
yesterday up 30-10 with 5 mins left in the game, Tony Pollard carried twice

happens all the time. wouldn't hear a word from you if no injury occurred.

monday morning QB like you read about
I actually made the comment to my watch party that I would have liked to seen Johnson sometime in the third. Would have made the same comment on a game thread but we didnt have one this week. Turning to Johnson today and telling him you're ready when he has had 1 carry the whole season because you had to get your starter reps with 3.5 minutes left in a decided game due to the quarterback having as many carries as first and second stringer is pretty asinine.

Reactions: FissionReaction
There will be no questioning of the coaches, even if they have your support.

I actually made the comment to my watch party that I would have liked to seen Johnson sometime in the third. Would have made the same comment on a game thread but we didnt have one this week. Turning to Johnson today and telling him you're ready when he has had 1 carry the whole season because you had to get your starter reps with 3.5 minutes left in a decided game due to the quarterback having as many carries as first and second stringer is pretty asinine.
Emmet Johnson has zero carries this season

and we did have a game thread

Reactions: timnsun and OzzyLvr
Yeah like they don't need the work getting ready for the Big10, come on man.
You also don't want to injure them before the Big Ten. You want your backs to get carries end of game when the game is decided is not the time.

What condescension? Everybody here is an expert after the fact. Just ask, they'll tell you all about it.

Reactions: Walleye79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT