ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Fair is N!

So confused on Fair. Offers from UAB and Indiana and no star rating then I turn on the film and see a very agile aggressive player at 330 lbs. Could be a huge get. GBR.
His film looks sped up. Even so, he still looks to be a very good nose tackle.

giphy.gif

Reactions: c3ntral08
That's 12 commits so far. @Tuco Salamanca, how many are we likely to take in this class, given being under 2 right now and being able to take a full class, more than likely?

So confused on Fair. Offers from UAB and Indiana and no star rating then I turn on the film and see a very agile aggressive player at 330 lbs. Could be a huge get. GBR.
There are still a number of players under the radar of recruiting services-- jucos, kids from rural areas, kids who don't attend camps. But as far as schools go, I think Fair would have more offers if he didn't have the past concussion issues. He's a bit of a risk but he's one who is definitely worth the risk. Large kids who move well are not easy to come by (only Alabama, Clemson, and a few others would disagree).

Huh? Are you saying he looks fast or you really thing the film is sped up?
No it's not. My bad, really shouldn't watch these videos on my phone. He does look very fast, can shed blocks and maintains good position. Overall great film.

Duaval is going to turn this kid into a specimen! He does get off blocks very well, not sure about the 4.7 speed though. Welcome young man, have a great year and see you in January.

Reactions: TFrazier
I’m real happy with the pickup but am hoping they can snag another true NT from high school (Piper could be an interesting prospect,but you cant have enough meaty guys competing in the trenches).

Reactions: scarletred
His film looks sped up. Even so, he still looks to be a very good nose tackle.

Idk how to judge if film is sped up or not but IF it is isn't everyone else sped up as well ? Or is it way to speed up one guy and keep everyone else at the same speed?

I say this half jokingly. Sped up or not it's still all relative right????

Holla

Idk how to judge if film is sped up or not but IF it is isn't everyone else sped up as well ? Or is it way to speed up one guy and keep everyone else at the same speed?

I say this half jokingly. Sped up or not it's still all relative right????

Holla
It was an older trick, it really isn't used as much anymore. Yes, everyone would be faster...

Hey Tuco, you like this 330lb "no star," or should Frost have waited for a 1-star to replace???
Haha. Top 20 Juco on 247 composite rankings, currently ranked the #2 juco DT in the nation. Not sure why JCgridon on rivals hasn’t rated him yet. Maybe they are badly understaffed. Rivals Juco hasn’t been very good in years. Not sure why, it use to be ok. Anyone know if it’s still basically just one dude who does all the rankings?

Man I remember back in the day that rivals wouldn’t release anyone’s HS rankings until the summer going into their SR year. Use to be a big deal, they’d release the 5 stars first, then the 4-stars who made the top 100, then the next 150, and so on. Pretty soon they will start their rankings at Pop-Warner

Reactions: SoFL Husker
Haha. Top 20 Juco on 247 composite rankings, currently ranked the #2 juco DT in the nation. Not sure why JCgridon on rivals hasn’t rated him yet. Maybe they are badly understaffed. Rivals Juco hasn’t been very good in years. Not sure why, it use to be ok. Anyone know if it’s still basically just one dude who does all the rankings?

Man I remember back in the day that rivals wouldn’t release anyone’s HS rankings until the summer going into their SR year. Use to be a big deal, they’d release the 5 stars first, then the 4-stars who made the top 100, then the next 150, and so on. Pretty soon they will start their rankings at Pop-Warner

Rivals better hurry before Pop-Warner football is gone.

Great point bro re: staffing and Fair's ranking.

Kid is a specimen, complete diamond-in-the-rough.

Frost-style.

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT