ADVERTISEMENT

Tons of bitterness over Iowa's schedule.

I am an Iowa fan and don't get the internet fans sometimes especially when we are 1-3 against you since you joined the B1G. We can only play who is on the schedule so not much we can do about that. Good win for us at Wisky but I remember posters like BetterRed saying we were going to get killed. It is a long season.

Iowa has played well. They play sound defense, and generally mistake free football. That keeps them in games time and again. They were fortunate that Stave fumbled on the one-yard line late in the game, otherwise I don't think Iowa's offense does a thing against that Badger defense to win the game.

Reactions: sandiegohawk
lol.......herkie still thumping their chest over a weak wisky team. BTW....the game's in Lincoln, genius.

You're setting yourself up for a lose/lose situation there calling this week's opponent weak. I have a feeling win or lose you will say they're pretty good next week to help your case.

I am an Iowa fan and don't get the internet fans sometimes especially when we are 1-3 against you since you joined the B1G. We can only play who is on the schedule so not much we can do about that. Good win for us at Wisky but I remember posters like BetterRed saying we were going to get killed. It is a long season.

The funniest part is when all summer long Husker fans beat the drum for Wisconsinn...now that Iowa beat them Wisky is now bad over here.

The funniest part is when all summer long Husker fans beat the drum for Wisconsinn...now that Iowa beat them Wisky is now bad over here.

I would say the funniest part is that you actually care what Nebraska fans think. I would think Iowa fans would actually wait until they beat Nebraska before talking smack. But that's just me.

This is lame and some people are embarrassing themselves. All Husker fans would rather be 5-0 regardless of the schedule. Iowa is winning games, they might be ugly wins and they might not be vs amazing teams but they are winning, which in the end is the most important thing.

I hope they are undefeated when they come to Lincoln.

This is lame and some people are embarrassing themselves. All Husker fans would rather be 5-0 regardless of the schedule. Iowa is winning games, they might be ugly wins and they might not be vs amazing teams but they are winning, which in the end is the most important thing.

I hope they are undefeated when they come to Lincoln.

I don't think anyone has said differently.

We/They did? It's a team with an average quarterback with three freshman starting on their OL, that currently has their starting RB on the shelf. Coming in they're weren't expected to be great. Good. Not great. They still have a very good defense. And if Nebraska should win Saturday, which I have my doubts, it'll be a good conference win. Really, no more than that.

Nebraska is bad this year. Iowa is staying the course and has been doing ok. It's not like they're some elite team. Iowa basically takes the Bo Pelini approach - win the majority of your games and that's good enough - and its fans and administration are ok with that.

Nebraska aspires to win them all. Right now we're a long way from that and Iowa is probably better this season.

Iowa has played well. They play sound defense, and generally mistake free football. That keeps them in games time and again. They were fortunate that Stave fumbled on the one-yard line late in the game, otherwise I don't think Iowa's offense does a thing against that Badger defense to win the game.

Yes, the whisky lineman stepping on Stave was indeed a lucky break for Iowa.

We once had a season with 5 losses by a total of 18 points or something like that. That year, we couldn't get a break.

It will take a lot of luck to keep winning in the B1G.

Why come post this over here? It makes no sense and makes you look dumb when you don't even know where Nebby/Wisky play this year.

-Were Nebraska fans roasting Iowa's non-conference schedule? Yes
-Is Pittsburgh better even without Conner than most of them think? Yes
-Does Nebraska have the talent to beat Iowa plus a bye week before? Yes

So ya gotta think before you run your mouth. I never like to run my mouth too much before we play a team. Nebraska is more than capable of beating Iowa and when you add a bye week for them before that it concerns me. Bye weeks do one of two things, allow a team to heal up/regroup OR allow a team that is hot to cool down.

But,but,but,but..........................................................................................................................................................

But,but,but,but..........................................................................................................................................................
Alum-Ni is probably the most rational poster you'll find, anywhere. So what he says is probably closer to the truth more than anything. Which makes your post look asinine, herk.

It's going to be pretty funny when Nebraska beats Iowa again this year. And no matter how the season goes, I guarantee they will.

I posted on the Iowa board about hawks schedule and untested D and had to eat a lot of crow on Saturday evening.

I posted over there based on two civilian contractors that I work with, who in the two years I've known them have never said too much about the hawks until this year and they have been insufferable and I had to see for myself what the rest of the fan base was like.

I noticed two things on their board:
1. They have an inferiority complex when it comes to the huskers
2. They are pissed that there are a lot of husker fans in western Iowa

Any post on here by a hawk fan should simply state "we are 5-0 and you are 2-3 in 2015."

That statement is quite literally the only stat based argument they can make in their favor when discussing the history of the huskers versus hawks in football. I cannot find any other stats that benefit their football program. Empirical data shows that the huskers are historically in a class far above the hawks.

Am I right that the hawks only win against the huskers in the previous 4 seasons was against the husker 3rd string QB?

I am on the outside looking in, but even I can look at the history and the data and come up with that conclusion.

Go Navy!

It's going to be pretty funny when Nebraska beats Iowa again this year. And no matter how the season goes, I guarantee they will.
There are no guarantees with this team. It's not very good. But if that happens, herkie's 'gonna have some bad egg on their face and will look even worse than they did last year. For as much as they like to talk, they better hope they beat Nebraska this year, or it will be ugly.....on their part and from us.

I personally wouldn't be surprised either way with the results of the Iowa game in Lincoln. They have all been very close since Nebraska joined the B1G. Iowa pulled away fast in the 4th quarter last time in Lincoln but it was close up until then. Game was closer than the score. I expect a close game again.

I posted on the Iowa board about hawks schedule and untested D and had to eat a lot of crow on Saturday evening.

I posted over there based on two civilian contractors that I work with, who in the two years I've known them have never said too much about the hawks until this year and they have been insufferable and I had to see for myself what the rest of the fan base was like.

I noticed two things on their board:
1. They have an inferiority complex when it comes to the huskers
2. They are pissed that there are a lot of husker fans in western Iowa

Any post on here by a hawk fan should simply state "we are 5-0 and you are 2-3 in 2015."

That statement is quite literally the only stat based argument they can make in their favor when discussing the history of the huskers versus hawks in football. I cannot find any other stats that benefit their football program. Empirical data shows that the huskers are historically in a class far above the hawks.

Am I right that the hawks only win against the huskers in the previous 4 seasons was against the husker 3rd string QB?

I am on the outside looking in, but even I can look at the history and the data and come up with that conclusion.

Go Navy!

Now here you are on the Husker board. What a surprise. For a "Navy" fan you sure like to talk about the Hawkeyes a lot. Outsider my butt. Troll.

Now here you are on the Husker board. What a surprise. For a "Navy" fan you sure like to talk about the Hawkeyes a lot. Outsider my butt. Troll.
Are you a civilian contractor at Offutt AFB? You sound a lot like one of the two tool hawk fans I have to put up with all day. You're not using government time or resources for this are you? Fraud, waste and abuse is a big deal.

I don't like our schedule either. What a pile of crap the BIG 10 layed on us. Minnesota at home is the big shebang? Meh.

5-0. Win at Camp Randle....lets see this week how Nebraska does there.
Only Iowa fans would conclude that the NU and Wisconson having new coaches and being in transition means good ol Kirk has found his mojo

Their offense still sucks and they were lucky and needed a weird fumble to beat Wi

Seriously people, give it a rest. I'm not sure what games you've been watching, but the Nebraska I've been watching has looked awful pretty much every game this season. Whether it is the defense not being able to stop the pass, or the offense not being able to consistently run the ball, or our penalties or play calling, we have looked at best inconsistent.

If we continue to play the way we have, we are going to win 2 games this season, and Iowa is going to maul us.

Only Iowa fans would conclude that the NU and Wisconson having new coaches and being in transition means good ol Kirk has found his mojo

Their offense still sucks and they were lucky and needed a weird fumble to beat Wi

Gary Anderson didn't seem to have a problem winning at Wisconsin in his first year.

Are you a civilian contractor at Offutt AFB? You sound a lot like one of the two tool hawk fans I have to put up with all day. You're not using government time or resources for this are you? Fraud, waste and abuse is a big deal.

I am not. You know how I first knew you were a troll? When you were talking smack about Iowa on the Iowa board, and then said Iowa would probably beat Navy. No self respecting Navy fan would say that. Navy is undefeated right now. For a Navy fan you sure talk a lot about not only the Hawkeyes, but also the Huskers, and who the Huskers have played. Yet nothing about Navy anywhere as far as I can tell.

I am not. You know how I first knew you were a troll? When you were talking smack about Iowa on the Iowa board, and then said Iowa would probably beat Navy. No self respecting Navy fan would say that. Navy is undefeated right now. For a Navy fan you sure talk a lot about not only the Hawkeyes, but also the Huskers, and who the Huskers have played. Yet nothing about Navy anywhere as far as I can tell.
I guess by berating me personally and not disputing anything I said in my post you accept what I posted as true. There is generally not a bunch of smack talk at the service academies due to the fact that they have much more important goals in mind as opposed to winning and losing football games. BTW, you're the hawk fan on the husker board, that is the definition of a troll. I said my peace on the hawk board, and haven't been back. I hope Navy can hang with the Irish this weekend, but this board is not the place for that discussion.

To some of the Iowa fans bashing over here, let me say one thing, it in our best interest that Nebraska is good. Do you really want a Black Friday game against an average team, or a below average team? The perception of the West is already kinda weak. We need Nebraska to be good, so we can sell our game and program to the rest of the country. There is some real opportunity with this game. Hell, we cant even get the 2:30PM ABC spot with Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT