ADVERTISEMENT

Tommi Hill

I mean he was a huge recruit out of HS. It makes sense.
When he first came to Lincoln, I remember Fisher gushing over his athleticism. Saw him as an NFL guy. Things didn't work for him at first at all, he was benched and then moved over to offense. The next staff was able to sort things out with Tommi and he's gangbusters now.

Odd that someone could still be considered "raw" as a college player entering their 4th year of college. Didn't he play at ASU for a season, too?

Odd that someone could still be considered "raw" as a college player entering their 4th year of college. Didn't he play at ASU for a season, too?
Consider the programs he’s been a part of

Herm’s lameduck devils and mickeys misfits

Wasn’t until October of last year when he finally had a permanent side of the ball, much less role

Consider the programs he’s been a part of

Herm’s lameduck devils and mickeys misfits

Wasn’t until October of last year when he finally had a permanent side of the ball, much less role
I get it, but dude has played in like 30 college games, seems odd to still be raw at this point in one's college career.

I get it, but dude has played in like 30 college games, seems odd to still be raw at this point in one's college career.
I don't think he's raw, he just has a goofy demeanor sometimes, and leads to some awkward moments on the field. He's been solid though for the most part.

The way punters kick now with that low rugby style a punt return has become rare. Best think a returner can do is catch it before it bounces farther down field.
Returning player, although Tommi has chops as a returner.

He’s had a couple of different DB coaches, flopped over to WR, and 2 different DCs. It’s not all that surprising that he’s not a finished product.
He had to have been close to getting into the portal after getting benched and pretty much kicked out of the CB room. Hill's comeback story is a testament to what kids can do under the right coach and system.

Not saying Osborne is a liar but he may have forgotten every punt return that JR made for 3 years..
There’s only one man who could remember them all with that steel trap …

Angry King Kong GIF by Xbox

Not saying Osborne is a liar but he may have forgotten every punt return that JR made for 3 years..
All i did was quote TO. If I recall it was a talk with Rhule, Tom, Tommie Frazier and Johnny Rodgers on You Tube. If it wasn't true JR had a chance to say something and didn't. I know Tom said Bob Devaney didn't want JR to fair catch the ball cause he looked at him as a weapon. They were instructed to not let the ball hit the ground on the punt return team. **Edited** It was actually some woman named Anna Bellinghausen who hosted that show, but TO did talk about Rhule.**

Maybe we need a fuvcking Congressional investigation to see if what TO said was true.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Sorry. It was just a joke about Osborne. I couldn’t sleep last night and it appears my 3am attempt at sarcasm missed the mark.
It's all good Tuco. I didn't have 100% recall of that video I watched, but I did remember what TO said about JR never fair catching in his career, and IF that is true, that's just amazing.

At the time, I was in the service and in those days, like us older guys remember, a team could only play on tv 5 timres in two years, so I didn't see a lot of the games. However, my best friend did use a tape recorder for every game and sent me the cassette to listen to. That's the closest I came to NU football for a couple years.

Since NU has been such an important of my life, its sometimes easy to get a little testy cause it's kinda like someone talking shit about a family member. LOL Of course, in the last 2 decades we haven't had a lot of ammunition to fight back with.

The Jet said himself in an interview many years ago that he never fair caught a punt. No one has proven that to be wrong that I am aware of.

That said, he probably should have fair caught "the return " against ou but sure glad he didn't

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
The Jet said himself in an interview many years ago that he never fair caught a punt. No one has proven that to be wrong that I am aware of.

That said, he probably should have fair caught "the return " against ou but sure glad he didn't
To be honest, we probably cant prove if its true or not, but TO said so and so did JR, so on the surface I'm gonna go with what they said until proven wrong.

This cracked me up - good stuff easy
Hey, Tuco apologized and it wasn't necessary cause he's an awesome dude, smart guy who brings a lot of good thoughts and content to the forum, he just used sarcasm and I failed to field it.

I might have got just a touch defensive in my response. LOL Its all good among true loyalists.

(Tuco is one of my go-to guys for all things sarcastic).

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerO
Hey, Tuco apologized and it wasn't necessary cause he's an awesome dude, smart guy who brings a lot of good thoughts and content to the forum, he just used sarcasm and I failed to field it.

I might have got just a touch defensive in my response. LOL Its all good among true loyalists.

(Tuco is one of my go-to guys for all things sarcastic).
I didn’t realize it was a comeback to Tuco - I thought it was out of frustration from the chiro thread. Even if there was no context still funny.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I didn’t realize it was a comeback to Tuco - I thought it was out of frustration from the chiro thread. Even if there was no context still funny.
That's funny, just wait until they announce there were 2 different shooters. Sound of shots and echos don't lie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT