ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Monken

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Georgia OC. Former Sunbelt head coach and NFL OC. He made Baker look like a good QB when he was at Cleveland. Makes 2 M as Georgia’s OC. Discuss

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nope but if we can’t get Rhule or BOB I think he’s a legit name to watch. The last national championship coordinator we hired won a lot of games at NU. IMO he’s a better option than any of the Big 12 guys we’ve discussed at length
I'd take him over Rhule and BOB. Wanted Smart when he was a DC at Bama. I see TM having the same trajectory

It better look good. They get the best players in the country. Wouldn’t have that luxury here.
One thing I’m beginning to believe is that maybe we need a guy without any hint of failure. That pretty much would eliminate any of the guys we discuss most frequently. Too many of the early favorites have had mediocre to crappy seasons this year. I know we shouldn’t judge on a single season but if we hire Campbell there will be a chorus of WTHs echoing across the state

Reactions: BrighteRed24
One thing I’m beginning to believe is that maybe we need a guy without any hint of failure. That pretty much would eliminate any of the guys we discuss most frequently. Too many of the early favorites have had mediocre to crappy seasons this year. I know we shouldn’t judge on a single season but if we hire Campbell there will be a chorus of WTHs echoing across the state
it seems to me what we need most is a guy who can feel good about living in nebraska and going to work each day in a positive manner, who's football intelligent and can communicate well...like dr. tom

maybe todd is that, I don't know enough about him to say.

Let me ask, we need discipline, we need a strong defense and we need a leader, all the academies provide that. We haven’t had any of that crap since Pelini and all of them have won more games in THE last five years then Nebraska. And all of them have an offensive identity. so why not consider one of them?

Georgia OC. Former Sunbelt head coach and NFL OC. He made Baker look like a good QB when he was at Cleveland. Makes 2 M as Georgia’s OC. Discuss
I started thread last week “Monkens”, where I said bring Todd in as head coach and his cousin Jeff in a D Coordinator.. both seem to recruit well and they would definitely bring back discipline! ( eliminating errors and establishing focus)
After posting, PennyHusker said hell no and a few others followed suit. Todd is more than Qualified and Jeff does well at a military academy where it’s tough to get players! It would be tough to get both, but keeping Mickey , Busch, and Applewhite with the two Monklins would be a great start..

it seems to me what we need most is a guy who can feel good about living in nebraska and going to work each day in a positive manner, who's football intelligent and can communicate well...like dr. tom

maybe todd is that, I don't know enough about him to say.
That hasn’t stopped you from posting uninformed nonsense before.

I started thread last week “Monklns”, where I said bring Todd in as head coach and his cousin Jeff in a D Coordinator.. both seem to recruit well and they would definitely bring back discipline! ( eliminating errors and establishing focus)
After posting, PennyHusker said hell no and a few others followed suit. Todd is more than Qualified and Jeff does well at a military academy where it’s tough to get players! It would be tough to get both, but keeping Mickey , Busch, Applewhite
I can agree with everything you say, however I would lose the assistants. If Mickey is going to blame the players, he’s been coaching them for ten weeks, NOW he says the players aren't Good enough. Monkens are not going to say they need six or seven deep in the receivers room. Nebraska will never get there, they need four tops and use those scholarships somewhere else.

I can agree with everything you say, however I would lose the assistants. If Mickey is going to blame the players, he’s been coaching them for ten weeks, NOW he says the players aren't Good enough. Monkens are not going to say they need six or seven deep in the receivers room. Nebraska will never get there, they need four tops and use those scholarships somewhere else.
The kids love Mickey..and he can bring in talent..so shy let him go? Mickey brings them in and Monkens coach them up..😁

Let me ask, we need discipline, we need a strong defense and we need a leader, all the academies provide that. We haven’t had any of that crap since Pelini and all of them have won more games in THE last five years then Nebraska. And all of them have an offensive identity. so why not consider one of them?
We need to win.

Unmmm Todd is the OC at Georgia. He would want some receivers…..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT