ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a QB change

52ctyRed

Aug 30, 2004
After four years of futility it is now time to play Smothers and Haarberg. Adrian had the opportunity and made it mostly exciting and trying - yet an exercise in futility. It would be nice to see the young talent play, even if Adrian gives us the best chance of winning in the last four games this season. We need to get some experience for next year and make use of what is left of this year to see what we go forward with.

After four years of futility it is now time to play Smothers and Haarberg. Adrian had the opportunity and made it mostly exciting and trying - yet an exercise in futility. It would be nice to see the young talent play, even if Adrian gives us the best chance of winning in the last four games this season. We need to get some experience for next year and make use of what is left of this year to see what we go forward with.
You had me until you said "even if Adrian gives us the best chance of winning..."

He probably does. But probably gives us an equal chance of losing. If anything, I think Smothers should've had a series or two. Especially on the obvious passing series. I don't know...

Reactions: OO Snipes
You had me until you said "even if Adrian gives us the best chance of winning..."

He probably does. But probably gives us an equal chance of losing. If anything, I think Smothers should've had a series or two. Especially on the obvious passing series. I don't know...
You have to be joking? If Smothers comes in it has to be to hand off or run the option. He can’t throw a lick.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
Frost is not going to replace AM. We can wish and beg all we want but it just won't happen. Haarberg and smothers are portal bound.

And he played the same team (Arkansas) last week and shredded them.
He has amazing talent and may well be the 1st player drafted in the NFL.

I don't think he succeeds though. Week in week out NFL grind is hard. Chews up a ton of great college QBs. A guy like him having to show up every week is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: BleedRed78
We should take our best player off the field and insert a walk on Frosh that hasn't seen a snap since his days in Class C2 high school football in Nebraska?

Damn, how are you not coaching?
No way Adrian Martinez is the best player on the field. Just because he touches the ball every play does not make him the best player. We have several players that have more talent than he does, they just don't touch the ball every play.

The head coach makes Riley look like Saban, and you think it's time for a QB change? That is funny!!

aMart is a great guy with a lot of talent. But it’s clear that he doesn’t know how to win football games at this point. I don’t think Haarberg will be given a chance until next year at the earliest. I wouldn’t mind seeing Smothers give it a go in the mean time.

I’ve seen this on here a lot but he has looked pretty good when he actually has thrown the ball. But that is a limited sample size.
Everybody was pretty big on him until one day a poster said he had a weak arm and that notion seems to have grown a life of its own. He’s looked pretty decent in his limited opportunities. He doesn’t have a pro arm but he could be good enough for what we need. Frost needs to bench AM again if he starts slowly IMO. Nothing seems to be changing with him.

Reactions: headcard
We should take our best player off the field and insert a walk on Frosh that hasn't seen a snap since his days in Class C2 high school football in Nebraska?

Damn, how are you not coaching?
This is what Stockholm Syndrome looks like

‘best player’ lmao!

Yes, please play 170 pound Smothers and watch the fraud run him straight in to the ground.

Our loser HC had a chance to go out and get a solid backup this offseason but that would require he actually do some recruiting.

No way Adrian Martinez is the best player on the field. Just because he touches the ball every play does not make him the best player. We have several players that have more talent than he does, they just don't touch the ball every play.

It is kind of remarkable how the psyche of the average Nebraska football fan is such that we really do think Adrian gives us the best chance to win and we would somehow be even worse off without him. The real issue is why our coach hasn't really given anyone else a chance this year. John Cook has a 2x All American on the bench because it turns out he had someone on the roster that was better....but he would have never known that if he would have just played that AA because she has been good in the past. He let the competition play out on the field, so many players out there will perform well in crunch time and in pressure situations if you actually let them gain experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT