ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this?

Shhh! Don't spoil his narrative.
Not sure how that plays into any narrative. If your mother passes away, and you’re out there, putting it all out on the field and come up short, I respect the heck out of that if he broke down at the end. That’s raw emotion.

But all this dude did is lose a game. He still makes 5 million bucks a year. He still gets to keep his Heisman Trophy. He still goes in the top five of the draft. But you go running to your mommy like a six-year-old who skinned your knee? Pathetic.

Not sure how that plays into any narrative. If your mother passes away, and you’re out there, putting it all out on the field and come up short, I respect the heck out of that if he broke down at the end. That’s raw emotion.

But all this dude did is lose a game. He still makes 5 million bucks a year. He still gets to keep his Heisman Trophy. He still goes in the top five of the draft. But you go running to your mommy like a six-year-old who skinned your knee? Pathetic.
I think the narrative being referred to here was the "educational system" reference.

People on the internet are certainly applauding, probably because they are a fvcking bunch of pussies.
This crybaby shit comes after he didn’t shake hands with the Utah players after that loss. This wasn’t the title game, wasn’t his last collegiate game, wasn’t a late season do or die between two undefeateds…. Also not some 17 year old HS kid playing his last ever HS football game or anything.
Maybe I am just too jerky but I don’t get why he feels the need to cry when 99.999999% of all other CFB players take the losses like men.

Last edited:
On the surface - eyebrows definitely raised. Devil's advocate - maybe it had nothing to do with the football game?
It’s probably such a huge change for him being in the spotlight, with huge expectations and responsibility and his every move judged. Being with mom there after a loss probably just flooded him with emotions and he felt home again. He’s still a punk but it’s easy to imagine the weight and n his shoulders.

Saw this over the weekend and made a comment that NFL GM’s will need to do the full workout on mental and emotional strength of him. Just like the league will do on anyone they want to give millions to. Guy said I was making a big deal out of nothing and proceeded to explain to me as a former college athlete, Williams is just a kid and shouldn’t criticize him.

Well, he’s 21 and makes a ton of money already and seems to fall apart when things don’t go his way. Has top of the board first round talent physically but not sure I’d be thrilled if my favorite team would draft him. Need to see how he handles himself going forward. Feel like red flags on his toughness are being potentially shown.

If I were a GM of a NFL team I would be more worried about how many balls he has bounced into the turf this year than if he cried as he clutched his mother after a loss. I don't have any stats, but just from watching his games it seems like Williams has been short quite a bit on his passes this year. I think a big factor is he holds onto the ball for a long time as he is constantly scrambling trying to find an open target. This forces him into making awkward throws.

Reactions: regionsdoc
In 1995, after Nebraska demolished Arizona St., I went down to watch the opposition come back into the locker room. There were several of their players crying. One of them being All-American Pat Tillman. They were very upset and went on a mission to get revenge, which they did in spades the next year.

Last edited:
In 1995, after Nebraska demolisher Arizona St., I went down to watch the opposition come back into the locker room. There were several of their players crying. One of them being All-American Pat Tillman. They were very upset and went on a mission to get revenge, which they did in spades the next year.
Where they made Scott Frost cry

Good thing he wasn't in the locker room for Rhule's mom speech. Guy would have been an emotional train wreck. Probably would have either thrown for 13 td's or needed a therapist to coax him out of the locker room.

G
Good thing he wasn't in the locker room for Rhule's mom speech. Guy would have been an emotional train wreck. Probably would have either thrown for 13 td's or needed a therapist to coax him out of the locker room.
Pointing my money on the second being much more likely for him.

Different makeup of the player this year. Stats are still gaudy but he isn’t the same player.

He’s a 21yo human being. I’d love to see some video of the finer moments you dipshits produced at that age parsed on social media. I think what he did was odd but I’ll refrain from predicting his life’s path based on it.
Ha. I didn't cry like that after 18 beers and 2 bumps of coke.

don't have a problem with it, but its unfortunate it happened on camera.

dude is one of the best to ever do it in college, averaged 46 points per game this season, and he'll end his career without even a conference championship to show for it all because his head coach didn't have the brains to put a competent defense together.

i see a dude who is exhausted physically and mentally from singlehandedly carrying that team to a winning record.

If Im an NFL GM, I think long and hard about letting this guy be the face in my program.

Disturbing

Wow, a lot of you guys apparently have never cared about something so bad it hurts. I played like sheet in my first college game and we lost a close one. You better believe I had tears in my eyes after letting down my teammates. What's great is that they backed me 100 percent and I ended up having a decent career. I find it refreshing to see how much he cares, and that he's not just some mercenary playing for personal glory.
And I'd be interested to know how many of you mocked that Nebraska kid shown crying in the stands during the 2001 Colorado game. As I recall, he was being cheered for caring so much.

Wow, a lot of you guys apparently have never cared about something so bad it hurts. I played like sheet in my first college game and we lost a close one. You better believe I had tears in my eyes after letting down my teammates. What's great is that they backed me 100 percent and I ended up having a decent career. I find it refreshing to see how much he cares, and that he's not just some mercenary playing for personal glory.
And I'd be interested to know how many of you mocked that Nebraska kid shown crying in the stands during the 2001 Colorado game. As I recall, he was being cheered for caring so much.
It isn’t about being emotional dude

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT