ADVERTISEMENT

Those wacky Sanders boys

I'd like to seethis explained more
Sounds like Sanders thinks because reporters don’t have a great and wonderful home life then they can’t look at others and comment or ask about chemistry there. Seems like a stretch to me but to Sanders 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds like Sanders thinks because reporters don’t have a great and wonderful home life then they can’t look at others and comment or ask about chemistry there. Seems like a stretch to me but to Sanders 🤷🏻‍♂️
Also rich considering the “chemistry issues” in Sanders’ domestic relationships.

You know on this one, I will side with Sanders.

That is totally true. There is this weird fixation on chemistry, that 125 guys are all boing to be best ****ing friends and do everything together.

I lived in a frat house with like 75 guys and we were not all "brothers".

And face it, a lot of us go home and when the garage door starts to open, sometimes we are happy when we don't see any other cars parked there at the moment.

That is totally true. There is this weird fixation on chemistry, that 125 guys are all boing to be best ****ing friends and do everything together.

And face it, a lot of us go home and when the garage door starts to open, sometimes we are happy when we don't see any other cars parked there at the moment.
I would define chemistry on a football field or a frat house differently than I would a marriage.

You don’t have to like all the players on a team or in a frat house to have chemistry on the team or in the house. Just don’t be a dick. Respect boundaries and keep the common areas clean, so to speak.

I am 100% sure the threshold for chemistry at home is more than not being a dick and picking up your shoes.

I can see your point but it is rare when the team that is dysfunctional can play at a high level together.

Seems like there is a two or even three tier system of how players are treated as well. And as a coach, I know that all players aren’t the same but openly treating them differently with how the rules apply or don’t apply to them, doesn’t make things usually better for the “rank and file” guys.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out this year there.

So don’t address it with the the truth while calling them out as fake media?

Sometimes how a man conducts himself in the past is how he does in the present when there isn’t a change in the man.

All time elite CB for sure. But never really told no and became who he is as a result. Why is anyone surprised?
The blame the media to avoid the truth is only something that will work with family, close friends, rabid fans of the team, etc. And I agree-- I am not surprised at how Deion is acting. He's 57 years old, but he's still a selfish child.

People give Neon Deon a pass on a lot of stuff. But he never really was a winner. He was a standout at doing his individual role- covering receivers, returning punts. He was never a good teammate and was always obsessed self-promotion. But as often is the case, ultra talented individuals find their way to winning situations (Florida State, Cowboys, 49ers) and the selfish individuals become beneficiaries of that. The glow of a great team shines on them too. But make no mistake Deion has never been a winner. All along he's had a lot of the intangibles that create losing teams, but his talent was so great that everyone could overlook it or just not take his crap too seriously.

I can see your point but it is rare when the team that is dysfunctional can play at a high level together.

Seems like there is a two or even three tier system of how players are treated as well. And as a coach, I know that all players aren’t the same but openly treating them differently with how the rules apply or don’t apply to them, doesn’t make things usually better for the “rank and file” guys.

It's all setting up to be a disaster. Anyone who has coached at higher levels can see that. College players are not idiots. If the team chemistry is rotten, players will not play to their expected level of potential. Sure on game day everyone will look fired up and talk a good game. But how focused was that team during film sessions? Who's in the training room instead of practicing? Who's keeping up the in season conditioning, staying away from partying during the week? The blame game goes both ways-- when the going gets tough in losing programs, players say "it's not MY fault" and allow themselves to give in, slack off.

Well coached teams get better as the season goes on. Sanders' sh*t show will almost certainly get worse. And if CU does improve throughout the season, it will take a miraculous effort from their assistant coaches to overcome Deion's jackassery.

I believe Nebraska will beat cu, but it's going to be razor close, maybe last ball possession type of game. Would rather see a big gap on the scoreboard at games end for Nebraska, but any kind of win will do.
Nebraska will beat Colorado if we do not beat ourselves. Get that team down early and don't let up. Colorado will fold-- it's early in the season so their meltdown will probably manifest itself in the form of penalties, anger, players taking chances own their own. If NU stays disciplined, I could see our team beat them by 10-20 points.

Of course, I'm talking about playing four quarters with mental toughness and minimizing mistakes. Is that realistic for this program?

Painting poor “Coach Prime” as a victim of the fake news media is hilarious.

The guy went from being a HS Assistant Coach to the HC at Colorado in three years entirely because of his media hype. The media swept all his personal baggage under the rug, recruits for him 24/7 and props up his program week after week.

Posters on this very board have declared him the best hire in CFB. Declared he would win championships and rake in 5-stars. Claimed he has never failed at anything in his life. Claimed the only reason anyone would question the man is because of the color of his skin. All because of his media hype.

Now he gets one article he doesn’t like and is a victim of the media? OK.
I think the fact that he was gonna bring with him two years of his son (the QB) and Travis Hunter made Deon attractive to a lot of fans. The hope was that somehow the recruiting would be sustainable. But it was short sighted with quite a bit of desperation. Deon's speech to the team that first time was reaffirming to all administrators (NU included) who said "hell no" to the idea of having Neon Deon represent their school. And since then it's played out like most thought it would.

I had similar scenario in college being on the football team and living in a fraternity house with 70+ dudes. 6 of us were football players. At times there was an edge between us 6 and the rest of the brothers.

But when things got sideways outside the house, the other 65 knew we had their backs. Nothing is perfect. Same thing was true on the team. Not everyone got along but guys would simply gravitate towards one another. But I definitely saw my fair share of fights on the practice field and in the locker room.

It's human nature to surround yourself with like-minded people. However, that A-hole in Boulder is creating division among his players. He loves the spotlight as long as it suits him. He was successful at Jackson St because the media wasn't on him like they are in Colorado. You are witnessing the beginning of the end in Boulder.

I had similar scenario in college being on the football team and living in a fraternity house with 70+ dudes. 6 of us were football players. At times there was an edge between us 6 and the rest of the brothers.

But when things got sideways outside the house, the other 65 knew we had their backs. Nothing is perfect. Same thing was true on the team. Not everyone got along but guys would simply gravitate towards one another. But I definitely saw my fair share of fights on the practice field and in the locker room.

It's human nature to surround yourself with like-minded people. However, that A-hole in Boulder is creating division among his players. He loves the spotlight as long as it suits him. He was successful at Jackson St because the media wasn't on him like they are in Colorado. You are witnessing the beginning of the end in Boulder.
Agreed. Teams will always have smaller groups that are closer to each other. Especially in football where the numbers are just that much more. But there has to be a core value that ties all the groups together. What is the tie that binds in Boulder?

The older guys on here that watched, grew up and remember the Husker teams that were always up at the top of college football, what was the tie the bonded them together?

The "treating people different" thing is hard because clearly better players are treated different. Same as with pretty much anything in life.

Ever see a sales job? Good salesmen show up when they want, make 5 calls, leave early, no one cares....the bad sales rep...he is pounding out 200 calls a day and put on a "plan" to basically get him to quit while pretending it is there to help him.

I think what you need is players that are mature enough to "get it" BUT you also can't go overboard with the special treatment.

Agreed. Teams will always have smaller groups that are closer to each other. Especially in football where the numbers are just that much more. But there has to be a core value that ties all the groups together. What is the tie that binds in Boulder?

The older guys on here that watched, grew up and remember the Husker teams that were always up at the top of college football, what was the tie the bonded them together?
Winning...which is why if you are not winning everything else that is "bad" becomes a bigger issue.

Reactions: king_kong_

At Jackson St he had better players than the competition by a very wide margin. He had about 6-7 guys that were all high level P5 players that would never have played a down at Jackson St if clown show wasn’t the coach. That type of talent discrepancy will cover up a lot fvckery and keep the media off your back, which is probably pretty limited to begin with.

He’s been exposed as being lazy, selfish, narcissistic, manipulative, dishonest, childish, defensive and flat out just not a very smart person. We’re seeing that the only thing worse than a clown show is the real life freaks who dress up as clowns. We have to beat the shit out of those clowns. Getting beat by this particular Colorado team is like getting your ass kicked by a r******d kid on national TV, or marrying a fat chick on purpose. It’s a level of embarrassment I can’t really quantify…

At Jackson St he had better players than the competition by a very wide margin. He had about 6-7 guys that were all high level P5 players that would never have played a down at Jackson St if clown show wasn’t the coach. That type of talent discrepancy will cover up a lot fvckery and keep the media off your back, which is probably pretty limited to begin with.

He’s been exposed as being lazy, selfish, narcissistic, manipulative, dishonest, childish, defensive and flat out just not a very smart person. We’re seeing that the only thing worse than a clown show is the real life freaks who dress up as clowns. We have to beat the shit out of those clowns. Getting beat by this particular Colorado team is like getting your ass kicked by a r******d kid on national TV, or marrying a fat chick on purpose. It’s a level of embarrassment I can’t really quantify…
As a man who has married a fatty, I personally don’t think it’s the same thing, but I agree with the rest.

I think what you need is players that are mature enough to "get it" BUT you also can't go overboard with the special treatment.
I'm not sure what you meant here. But from my experience, over the course of the season most teams fracture in some fashion-- usually over playing time, selfishness, perceived inequity. But with Deon's program, all of that is on full display. Before the season! And Deon knows that there are sources from within the program who are speaking out. The best case scenario for CU this year is for the team to somehow have a winning season despite Deon's... what should we call it? Influence? His act? It sure as hell isn't coaching or leadership.

Reactions: headcard
Yep.

Why would it be a stretch for Deion, though?

He and his ex wife used to slap each other around in front of their kids.

He’s a fraud. A handful of the posters on here have known it the entire time, and a few of the feeble-minded fanboys even went so far (because if should be considered far) to allege racism as the reasoning for the cracking on neon, rather than the use of common sense and practicality.

Reactions: RedMyMind
He’s a fraud. A handful of the posters on here have known it the entire time, and a few of the feeble-minded fanboys even went so far (because if should be considered far) to allege racism as the reasoning for the cracking on neon, rather than the use of common sense and practicality.
And it is quite the insult to say that Deion represents black Americans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT