ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson is N!

I like when other team posters come here to post. This is the time I know their mom is washing their sheets.
I Think We All Agree The Encore GIF - I Think We All Agree The Encore I Think Were All On The Same Page GIFs

My God. If you would have told me in 1987 that someday I would be cheering for a Thompson at Nebraska I would have looked at you so sideways. Welcome to Nebraska. May the kid bring as much joy to Huskers as his dad did ripping my heart out.
one of a few reasons I'm so excited for this addition.

@NikkiSixx has (I think fair & warranted) concerns about his W/L record at UT, but nobody can deny these things:

- He has a big time, generational athletic pedigree
- He is a natural thrower of the football
- He has spent more than a year in the hottest of spotlights - very few kids on the planet are as scrutinized as the quarterback at Texas.

someone please follow me around with a pool skimmer all off-season, because I may drown in kool-aid.

Yeah, um sure. You have to get by Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin first. Maybe consistently beat at least one of them before getting ahead of yourself? : - )
Let’s not forget he wasn’t even the starter at Texas to start his JR year, this year. Let’s pump the brakes and hope he’s the starter for one year. He’s leaving Texas for a reason.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

@NikkiSixx has (I think fair & warranted) concerns about his W/L record at UT, but nobody can deny these things:

- He has spent more than a year in the hottest of spotlights - very few kids on the planet are as scrutinized as the quarterback at Texas.

someone please follow me around with a pool skimmer all off-season, because I may drown in kool-aid.
Dude we are always the undisputed champions of the off-season. Unprecedented how many we’ve won in a row

I was at that game. Most disappointing loss that I have witnessed. Drove from Texas to Lincoln on fumes. Was quite tired. Never seen Lincoln so dead as it was after that loss.
The rare non-Thanksgiving weekend NU-OU game back in the day. Nebraska played Colorado in Boulder on the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 1987, avenging the previous year's upset by beating the Buffs 24-7. I was in Anchorage covering the Great Alaska Shootout.

Reactions: king_kong_
Let’s not forget he wasn’t even the starter at Texas to start his JR year, this year. Let’s pump the brakes and hope he’s the starter for one year. He’s leaving Texas for a reason.
He was also behind and NFL drafted QB every year before that

F*CK yeah! Huge win for us. We might actually have a winning season next year so long as all the new pieces can gel together...

It would be nice if he returns the keys to the stadium that his Dad stole in 1987 when he shows up on campus. Looking forward to seeing him play.
Love this. I was at that game and before we went in there were some folks selling plastic keys to wave around in the stadium. I stupidly bought some with my sister. We were waving them like mad after Jones scored that first touchdown. After the game I threw them away in a trash can inside some bar downtown. Stupid keys...

His TD to interception ration is something that Nikki needs to pay more attention to. Couple that with Whipple's offense last year having a greater than 70% redzone TD percentage and you've got a great improvement coming IMO on offense. I said for two years at least that Adrian's physical tools weren't his problem. It was his decision making and accuracy. Thompson seems to be better at both by quite a bit AND people are underestimating how mobile he is.

I've laid pretty low on the QB transfer topic in part because I didn't think there was any way we could land a QB of this guy's caliber. THIS guy is the one I've wanted since the minute he declared. I think he has demonstrated the best set of skills of all of the kids we've looked at. Thank God Frost and Whipple were patient and got him. Smothers and your boy Haarberg have some competition now.

His TD to interception ration is something that Nikki needs to pay more attention to. Couple that with Whipple's offense last year having a greater than 70% redzone TD percentage and you've got a great improvement coming IMO on offense. I said for two years at least that Adrian's physical tools weren't his problem. It was his decision making and accuracy. Thompson seems to be better at both by quite a bit AND people are underestimating how mobile he is.
live look at Whipple + Thompson leading the QB run game where it belongs:

giphy.gif

One thing I really like about having a passing qb as a starter is mixing in someone like Smothers. It seems like it would be extremely difficult to game plan for both. Now we just need an offensive line that can actually block....

I doubt Smothers will stay if we also add Purdy.

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
He was basically neck and neck with QB Hudson Card all summer and most of fall camp. Sarkisian said it was the closest QB battle he's ever had to call in all his years coaching. Card looked like a deer in the headlights @ Arkansas in the second game of year and Thompson replaced him in the last couple of minutes of the 3rd quarter and looked way more comfortable against SEC competition.

He left Texas, because Quinn Ewers will be QB1 either at the beginning of the season or after the Alabama game next year. Sarkisian is pinning his coaching future at Texas with Ewers and everybody knows it. I honestly don't see how the QB competition isn't going to be predestined, unless Ewers completely falls flat on his face next fall. He's the first QB to receive a perfect rating from Rivals, since Vince Young, and everyone down there has already placed him in "program savior" status.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT