ADVERTISEMENT

This is a victory.

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
Because we got beat by 17 and not 35? The fans apparently have the same mentality as the players. That is part of the reason why we are in the position we are in. Nice moral victory. C'mon now.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
We also need more threads talking about how bad and lazy the players are. That is really productive too.
For sure. Call out everyone, bitch and moan. We are entitled to be great and now, dammit. Everyone associated with this team is doing us a personal injustice and we must gather our pitchforks, yet again, ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic and WHCSC
0-5. I was expecting 3-2 or 4-2. I understand the long process and everything else. I support Frost. However, with a little bit of discipline, time management, play calling etc...., there is no excuse as to why we are 0-5. I dont care who the coach is. The lack of disciple problems have not been corrected. Had they been, we could have beaten an overrated Wisconsin team. The problems persist after 5 games and that falls on the coaches. He will get it sooner or later, but going into game 6 with the same issues tells me that the problem goes beyond the culture, right players and all the other excuses that people are giving. A lot of people are happy we only lost by 17 points. That's bullcrap.

0-5. I was expecting 3-2 or 4-2. I understand the long process and everything else. I support Frost. However, with a little bit of discipline, time management, play calling etc...., there is no excuse as to why we are 0-5. I dont care who the coach is. The lack of disciple problems have not been corrected. Had they been, we could have beaten an overrated Wisconsin team. The problems persist after 5 games and that falls on the coaches. He will get it sooner or later, but going into game 6 with the same issues tells me that the problem goes beyond the culture, right players and all the other excuses that people are giving. A lot of people are happy we only lost by 17 points. That's bullcrap.

The only "bullcrap" is the bolded statement. No one is happy we lost, this is a gross overreaction to fans with optimism. Not one poster on this board thinks we are a good team earning moral victories. I saw flashes last night of the team we could be, and will be someday. We are terrible right now, but I will not despair because we're terrible. A lot of you have already forgotten why we should be glad we hired Frost: he's a talented young coach known for offensive innovation. We saw some of that last night. Frankly, I don't really believe you "understand the long process and everything else". Too many of you just aren't built to really go through it.

What the hell ever happened to this damn board? I used to friggin love coming here. I know, I know. The problem is probably me, right?

0-5. I was expecting 3-2 or 4-2. The lack of disciple problems have not been corrected.
I know that was a typo, but I have to point out - that’s kinda what Frost is doing right now. I’m not religious, at all, and I’m not likening Frost to jebus, but I guess it is Sunday afterall.
los-12-apostoles.jpg

The only "bullcrap" is the bolded statement. No one is happy we lost, this is a gross overreaction to fans with optimism. Not one poster on this board thinks we are a good team earning moral victories. I saw flashes last night of the team we could be, and will be someday. We are terrible right now, but I will not despair because we're terrible. A lot of you have already forgotten why we should be glad we hired Frost: he's a talented young coach known for offensive innovation. We saw some of that last night. Frankly, I don't really believe you "understand the long process and everything else". Too many of you just aren't built to really go through it.

What the hell ever happened to this damn board? I used to friggin love coming here. I know, I know. The problem is probably me, right?
Calm down. :) I’ll go ahead and just blame the millennials and gen Zers.

I’m 40, by the way...

A lot of people are happy we only lost by 17 points. That's bullcrap.
Maybe I am blind, name a single regular poster on here who is happy we are 0-5? I believe most of our regulars support the Huskers. We just show it differently. Some get really negative and some chose to look at any positives they can find.

Reactions: timnsun
Maybe I am blind, name a single regular poster on here who is happy we are 0-5? I believe most of our regulars support the Huskers. We just show it differently. Some get really negative and some chose to look at any positives they can find.
I’m not sure how getting really negative, in some cases after the first game, is supporting the team.

Yep. Said it in another thread as well. People who are hopping mad can’t understand the concept that looking for good things must-absolutely-in-every-single-case be happy about the team.

No, it doesn’t mean that at all. It means we are looking for things that show improvement. Chuck003, who on this board is dancing a jig after losing by 17? Name one poster who is shouting hip hip hooray after that game.

It is tiring to have to come on here and defend, over and over again, the things we saw that went well. If we comment on it at all, the transitive property kicks in for the doom and gloomers...

Optimistic fan: “AM looked good, and Mo Washington is gonna be something special, and Spielman is a baller!”

Doom and gloomer: “I can’t believe you are happy about that 17 point loss!”

Optimistic fan: “huh?!?”

So your saying the culture has nothing to do with it 5 games/6 weeks into the season? Culture is at the forefront of this whole thing. Our culture for the last 3-4 yrs specifically has been a losing mentality You can blame whoever but recruiting has been subpar the last decade. Pelini left the LB cupboard bare, Riley left the OL & DL cupboard bare. It is what it is now. Frost has a 7 yr contract to right the ship and it’s probably gonna take atleast 3 yrs to see his gains

The standard used to be 9 wins. Now it's 17 point losses.

Seems legit.
We have let this program fall to this point for over a decade. It’s just silly to now say, we will nine game because we are Nebraska. We haven’t been that Nebraska for a long time, I hope SF is the guy to build it back up. But we are not in that position anymore and can’t just say we demand the TO standard now. We have to start doing a lot of things the right way and building back to that. Expecting it now, without putting in the work, is just acting like entitled babies.

Last edited:
We have let this program fall to this pint for over a decade. It’s just silly to now say, we will nine game because we are Nebraska. We haven’t been that Nebraska for a long time, I hope SF is the guy to build it back up. But we are not in that position anymore and just say we demand the TO standard now. We have to start doing a lot of things the right way and building back to that. Expecting it now, without putting in the work, is just acting like entitled babies.
The narrative has been 9 wins, long before HCSF's arrival. Even as recent as the guy smiley era. A 17 pt loss is not progress. It's going to take a lot more than putting in work to win 5 games, much less 9 for the foreseeable future. I'm a realist not an entitled baby as you choose to believe.

Reactions: Chuck003
The narrative has been 9 wins, long before HCSF's arrival. Even as recent as the guy smiley era. A 17 pt loss is not progress. It's going to take a lot more than putting in work to win 5 games, much less 9 for the foreseeable future. I'm a realist not an entitled baby as you choose to believe.
How is demanding 9 wins right now being a “realist”? Sounds like the exact opposite. Again, just because the teams of the Devaney and Osborne eras did it, does not mean we are destined (if you prefer that term) to do it now.

Reactions: cvogele29
We are looking at progress from 2 different perspectives.

Nebraska has improved since the start of the season. We looked better, even in defeat, then we have from the start of the season. You (and others) can bury your head in the sand and say “0-5, that’s not progress!” And from last season to this season, you’d be right.

But we are talking about from the start of this season. I felt like the team looked good considering the circumstances (night game st Wisconsin who has 3 all Americans on the line). To me and many others, we showed progress, but it is progress from the start of the season.

I wasn’t happy with the loss (It’s sad that I actually have to say that otherwise someone is gonna accuse me of loving it) at all, but I did see some encouraging signs.

How is demanding 9 wins right now being a “realist”? Sounds like the exact opposite. Again, just because the teams of the Devaney and Osborne eras did it, does not mean we are destined (if you prefer that term) to do it now.
You are putting words into my mouth and your reading comprehension is poor. I never demanded 9 wins right now. I stated what the standard narrative has been and how ridiculous it is to view a 17 point loss as progress. Just stop.

We are looking at progress from 2 different perspectives.

Nebraska has improved since the start of the season. We looked better, even in defeat, then we have from the start of the season. You (and others) can bury your head in the sand and say “0-5, that’s not progress!” And from last season to this season, you’d be right.

But we are talking about from the start of this season. I felt like the team looked good considering the circumstances (night game st Wisconsin who has 3 all Americans on the line). To me and many others, we showed progress, but it is progress from the start of the season.

I wasn’t happy with the loss (It’s sad that I actually have to say that otherwise someone is gonna accuse me of loving it) at all, but I did see some encouraging signs.

I may be in the minority here. I don't feel like last night's game was any sort of progress to me. It felt like Wisconsin was toying with them and much of the offensive "success" came when they had NU at "arms length". They never posed any real threat. 10 penalties for 100 yards, again.

It's a sad state of just how low this program is (regardless of whom is at fault) where a 17 point loss is considered "progress".

I grossly overestimated the positive impact the new staff would make and felt like it would be a 7-8 win season. I understand that this is staff #3 for most of these kids and there is no magic pill to make this better overnight. I'm disappointed and surprised at what I perceive as a lack of improvement from week one up to now. This thing is far more rotten than I could have imagined. I'll be very surprised, based upon what I've seen thus far, if this team will win more than 2 games this year. (BCC and maybe Illinois).

When this team greatly reduces penalties, gets ahead in turnover margin, and actually gets off to a good start and can play from ahead, that will feel like progress to me. Improving those, in tandem, will likely lead to more wins and not perceiving double-digit losses as "progress".

At the end of the day, I'm just one anonymous fan, with one opinion . Right, wrong or indifferent.

Last edited:
All loses need to sting. If you start being ok with losing it will continue to happen and happen with great frequency. You need to start winning to build that winning attitude. My guess that wont happen much until next year. Sorry just cold hard facts. Keep the attitudes right, rid the rot and put some good classes together. Build from the ground up.

All loses need to sting. If you start being ok with losing it will continue to happen and happen with great frequency. You need to start winning to build that winning attitude. My guess that wont happen much until next year. Sorry just cold hard facts. Keep the attitudes right, rid the rot and put some good classes together. Build from the ground up.
That’s with the players. This thread is aimed at fans. Doesn’t matter how we feel, the players have to look at this and hate losing.

I may be in the minority here. I don't feel like last night's game was any sort of progress to me. It felt like Wisconsin was toying with them and much of the offensive "success" came when they had NU at "arms length". They never posed any real threat. 10 penalties for 100 yards, again.

It's a sad state of just how low this program is (regardless of whom is at fault) where a 17 point loss is considered "progress".

I grossly overestimated the positive impact the new staff would make and felt like it would be a 7-8 win season. I understand that this is staff #3 for most of these kids and there is no magic pill to make this better overnight. I'm disappointed and surprised at what I perceive as a lack of improvement from week one up to now. This thing is far more rotten than I could have imagined. I'll be very surprised, based upon what I've seen thus far, if this team will win more than 2 games this year. (BCC and maybe Illinois).

When this team greatly reduces penalties, gets ahead in turnover margin, and actually gets off to a good start and can play from ahead, that will feel like progress to me. Improving those, in tandem, will likely lead to more wins and perceiving double-digit losses as "progress".

At the end of the day, I'm just one anonymous fan, with one opinion . Right, wrong or indifferent.
I hear you, and in many ways you are right. But I look at it this way... we’ve played 2 top 20 teams on the road so far this year. The first one was a pathetic showing where it was said by many that the players quit. I forget the final score but we lost by almost 50.

The second time we played hard all night and lost, not by 50, but by 17. We moved the ball and got yards. We have some weapons out there in AM, JD and MW. We looked good at times on offense, and I don’t think Wisconsin was toying with us at that time. I don’t know if too many coaches who toy with their opponents like you are suggesting. So I believe the second half we stood in there and matched them score for score.

Yes, we had penalties, and a lot of them. That needs to get fixed. But we had fewer stupid penalties (personal foul calls) then before, and some of the penalties were phantom penalties, even commented on by the commentators.

I’m not trying to change your opinion, yours is valid. I am just sharing some of the positives I saw and why I believe we made some progress.

You are putting words into my mouth and your reading comprehension is poor. I never demanded 9 wins right now. I stated what the standard narrative has been and how ridiculous it is to view a 17 point loss as progress. Just stop.
My reading comprehension is fine, you on the other hand seem to lack common sense and sanity. But go ahead and keep on down this path, it seems productive and rooted in reality.

Reactions: gobigred670
My reading comprehension is fine, you on the other hand seem to lack common sense and sanity. But go ahead and keep on down this path, it seems productive and rooted in reality.

I hear you, and in many ways you are right. But I look at it this way... we’ve played 2 top 20 teams on the road so far this year. The first one was a pathetic showing where it was said by many that the players quit. I forget the final score but we lost by almost 50.

The second time we played hard all night and lost, not by 50, but by 17. We moved the ball and got yards. We have some weapons out there in AM, JD and MW. We looked good at times on offense, and I don’t think Wisconsin was toying with us at that time. I don’t know if too many coaches who toy with their opponents like you are suggesting. So I believe the second half we stood in there and matched them score for score.

Yes, we had penalties, and a lot of them. That needs to get fixed. But we had fewer stupid penalties (personal foul calls) then before, and some of the penalties were phantom penalties, even commented on by the commentators.

I’m not trying to change your opinion, yours is valid. I am just sharing some of the positives I saw and why I believe we made some progress.

You are definitely right that they didn't commit those PF penalties. I should be encouraged by that. I did see one penalty, I think it was the block in the back on the long kick return, that felt like that fateful night vs A&M.

I just wonder why they continually get off to these slow starts. I don't know if it's something in their preparation or mindset. They have played a tough schedule, but when a team that has had trouble conquering adversity isn't swimming in it early on, I have to think it will do wonders for their psyche.

You are definitely right that they didn't commit those PF penalties. I should be encouraged by that. I did see one penalty, I think it was the block in the back on the long kick return, that felt like that fateful night vs A&M.

I just wonder why they continually get off to these slow starts. I don't know if it's something in their preparation or mindset. They have played a tough schedule, but when a team that has had trouble conquering adversity isn't swimming in it early on, I have to think it will do wonders for their psyche.
I’ve been wondering about the slow starts as well and I’ve gotta believe that only 1/3, or maybe 1/2 if I’m being generous, of the offense is installed. The players are still learning the system, and it isn’t natural yet. The more time passes and the more get understand the system in its entirety, and the more second nature it becomes, the more this offense will take off.

At least, that’s my hope. :)

The slow starts are a mentality that has been going on here for years.
Remember all those frantic comebacks with Tommy Armstrong and Taylor Martinez?
Just another issue that Frost needs to fix.

The slow starts are a mentality that has been going on here for years.
Remember all those frantic comebacks with Tommy Armstrong and Taylor Martinez?
Just another issue that Frost needs to fix.
By the way, NW is pretty much the polar opposite this season.
They play well early and try to hang on in the 2nd Half.

there is zero reality on this entire board!
What’s funny about you is how irrelevant you have become. You are trying to get attention with your posts but most just overlook you now.

After this post I will ignore you as well moving forward. Hope UCF has a good rest of the season, and hope you find a life outside of this board.

I agree. I still see positive trajectory here. I think the coaching staff and most of us expected quicker results in the win-loss column. That hasn’t happened and it’s frustrating as heck—it shows how far we still have to go. There are still some big bumps in the road and major kinks to work out, but do NOT count SF and company out folks. GBR.

Reactions: timnsun
I honestly haven't seen much progress either. Our first game was by far our best game. People say if just our special teams or defense or penalties would improve, we would be fine. Well none of them has gotten any better in any of the games we've played. It's the same pathetic showing game after game. I don't see it getting better any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT