ADVERTISEMENT

There’s hope for us

Watching Washington vs Wazzu just now… gotta tell ya Michael Penix Jr and this Rome Odunze are f’ing good, man. Just those two guys make their offense formidable and effective. Look like a top four team.

$1.2M and $645k, respectively. Just sayin.
Where are you getting those numbers?

Where are you getting those numbers?
On3 valuation. I mean it’s not a bank statement or IRS filing, but it’s as good a metric as there is, I’d wager. Nice little tool. Can search by name, team… see average team valuation. Texas entire starting lineup looks like they average more than our highest paid player. It’s SHOCKING how underrepresented we are in this publication. Take a look. Good luck.

On3 valuation. I mean it’s not a bank statement or IRS filing, but it’s as good a metric as there is, I’d wager. Nice little tool. Can search by name, team… see average team valuation. Texas entire starting lineup looks like they average more than our highest paid player. It’s SHOCKING how underrepresented we are in this publication. Take a look. Good luck.

I just don't think those are remotely accurate. At least not based on the conversations I've had with kids that are getting actual NIL dollars.

I just don't think those are remotely accurate. At least not based on the conversations I've had with kids that are getting actual NIL dollars.
I bet those are bullshit numbers. I would cut them in half and they would be more realistic. Most wealthy people earn their money from sound financial decisions. Spending huge amounts of money on college age kids every year is a way to go broke quick.

Reactions: WHCSC
If we had last years wr and qb crew, we would have put up serious points this year. Did I have problems with satt’s play calling at times? Of course. As a fan, I can’t help but Monday morning qb and question calls. But I’m also not privy to all the information, game plan and in game strategy. But at the end of the day, he called a lot of plays that were there for the taking and our guys couldn’t execute. Is that his fault for asking more than they could do? Maybe. But we were also so limited offensively, I’m not sure there was anything they could call that would have been successful for sustained periods.
A lot of the plays that turned games were basic and players just did something completely mind blowing.

There were games where they tried running to prevent mistakes & fumbled inexplicably. I will be a lot more critical after next season if they don’t fix some of the dumb mistakes. It’s just too soon now and I don’t think there is an OC that would have shined up the turd this year.

Absolutely hilarious two guys going into their 5th year in college who combined to go 0-5 this year are highlighted.

“Young”

Hit the bricks, losers!

Ya talk with any of Texas roster? I mean there are smaller market programs openly playing a starting salary of like $25k to every player. Utah maybe?

As stated, it’s no bank statement. But there’s zero reason it can’t be at least proportional, ya know? We’re completely absent from the top 200. Think Ethan Carter may be in there. Who we still may or may not get stolen by ND. And hasn’t played. Our top paid QB was valued at 1/4 that of the least valued starting QB in the top 25. It’s accurate enough for me.

Ya talk with any of Texas roster? I mean there are smaller market programs openly playing a starting salary of like $25k to every player. Utah maybe?

As stated, it’s no bank statement. But there’s zero reason it can’t be at least proportional, ya know? We’re completely absent from the top 200. Think Ethan Carter may be in there. Who we still may or may not get stolen by ND. And hasn’t played. Our top paid QB was valued at 1/4 that if least valued starting QB in the top 25. It’s accurate enough for me.
Yes I have. Well former longhorn.

Kong thinks losing is funny.
The last two weeks were hilarious and exactly what all you dimwits deserved.

May as well have forfeited as I said 3 weeks ago when our QB went down

By the way, love the new profile pic!!

Reactions: InMotion
I bet those are bullshit numbers. I would cut them in half and they would be more realistic. Most wealthy people earn their money from sound financial decisions. Spending huge amounts of money on college age kids every year is a way to go broke quick.
Doesn’t change the fact that NONE of the players you’ll find on the first few pages there aren’t playing for our team. They’re playing for our competitors. And they put up good stats against us. It matters.

Yes I have. Well former longhorn.
Well, if they have a healthy NIL valuation are they getting Zero of it? I mean I don’t know how it works. This is a metric that obviously’s not complete bullshit. Percent Bullshit maybe.

Dude HH was no better than the rest of them. Get over it. Jump on board on buying a new one to erase the memory of these. He faced lesser competition. Our QB’s are all pretty equally bad. It’s kinda pointless trying to give grades all in the ‘F’ category.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Dude HH was no better than the rest of them. Get over it. Jump on board on buying a new one to erase the memory of these. He faced lesser competition. Our QB’s are all pretty equally bad. It’s kinda pointless trying to give grades all in the ‘F’ category.
yea little matty d will buy us all the players we need

And Rhule/satt will coach em up

😂

Doesn’t change the fact that NONE of the players you’ll find on the first few pages there aren’t playing for our team. They’re playing for our competitors. And they put up good stats against us. It matters.
Of course it matters. More so with portal guys. NIL of the future will be about retaining your current players and keeping your studs on the roster. If the NCAA would just bring back you have to sit out one year or use up a year of eligibility a lot of this NIL business would stabilize a lot.

yea little matty d will buy us all the players we need

And Rhule/satt will coach em up

😂
Nah it needs to be taken from Matty D. We’ll agree on that. Think that’s being done, but there’s no future here that sees HH winning a conference let alone division championship. It’s not there, man.

Reactions: huntered
Nah it needs to be taken from Matty D. We’ll agree on that. Think that’s being done, but there’s no future here that sees HH winning a conference let alone division championship. It’s not there, man.
Well yea, duh

there’s no divisions anymore

Well yea, duh

there’s no divisions anymore
🤣 I’ve been schooled.

$2M in players this last offseason arguably wins us the division. No guarantees, but we’d have had more than a decent chance. Maybe HH does that with a significant talent boost on the offensive line. He just can’t see the field, and that hard to teach. That’s something someone kinda has, or doesn’t.

🤣 I’ve been schooled.

$2M in players this last offseason arguably wins us the division. No guarantees, but we’d have had more than a decent chance. Maybe HH does that with a significant talent boost on the offensive line. He just can’t see the field, and that hard to teach. That’s something someone kinda has, or doesn’t.
It’s idiotic to attempt to make him a drop back passer instead of playing to his strengths which are physical running and deep balls off play action

Kinda like Rhule did at Baylor

That said, we have an idiot running the offense so I’m not surprised he treated all 3 quarterbacks like they were Joe Montana instead of what they are

he's a 3rd string special. not full time. bring him in with his own change of pace offense and let him beat the crap out somebody. clock burner and long ball bruiser

It’s idiotic to attempt to make him a drop back passer instead of playing to his strengths which are physical running and deep balls off play action

Kinda like Rhule did at Baylor

That said, we have an idiot running the offense so I’m not surprised he treated all 3 quarterbacks like they were Joe Montana instead of what they are
Well, none of them are gonna do a goddamned thing unless money is used to purchase talent to support them. Personally think we’re idiots if we don’t drop a cool Mil on a QB, only. Let HH backs him up. Sims is done here any way ya cut it.

Well, none of them are gonna do a goddamned thing unless money is used to purchase talent to support them. Personally think we’re idiots if we don’t drop a cool Mil on a QB, only. Let HH backs him up. Sims is done here any way ya cut it.
we're never going to do that

just like at how cheap the guys on this board are - AND IT'S ANONYMOUS

absolutely nothing stopping people from saying they'll cut big checks to NIL & no way to hold anyone accountable yet the overwhelming battle cry remains: "I hate the new era of college football! these kids won't see a red dime from me!"

classic stuff

absolutely nothing stopping people from saying they'll cut big checks to NIL & no way to hold anyone accountable yet the overwhelming battle cry remains: "I hate the new era of college football! these kids won't see a red dime from me!"

classic stuff
I’ve given $10k. Since Rhule. Not enough to make any difference, but was proud of it. Have zero idea where the f*ck it went. And it doesn’t taste good in my mouth, seeing what was on the field this year. Enough to vacate all but 2 home games. One because I wanted to see how good Michigan was, firsthand. They didn’t disappoint. That’s what a f*cking well-paid team can look like. I envy that. So should you.

Norvell at FSU:
3-6
5-7
10-3
11-0

Sark at Texas:
5-7
8-5
11-1

Fish at Arizona:
1-11
5-7
9-3

Most guys do take some time get it going
Texas 10x what we inject, FSU 3x, AZ actually less. Fish is real.

Fifita QB (is he a backup? Dunno…) $353k, tho. 3x HH. Low-ranked team QB talent metrically. 9-3. Hung 59 on ASU today. Threw for 527 yards. That’s what a little money can do.

Last edited:
I’ve given $10k. Since Rhule. Not enough to make any difference, but was proud of it. Have zero idea where the f*ck it went. And it doesn’t taste good in my mouth, seeing what was on the field this year. Enough to vacate all but 2 home games. One because I wanted to see how good Michigan was, firsthand. They didn’t disappoint. That’s what a f*cking well-paid team can look like. I envy that. So should you.
At least you put your money where your mouth is. That's respectable.

Reactions: king_kong_
At least you put your money where your mouth is. That's respectable.
If they spend like they’re capable of spending, I’ll contribute more. Not wealthy, but will do what I can. If we show zero like we did this last offseason, I’ll sell my tickets like I did this year, or leave them empty. Couple games this year didn’t sell. They were empty. Not alone in this. Know more than a few donors. Enthusiasm is Not Great.

classic stuff
Then either pay them yourself so you can come back here and cram it down our throats or go be a fan of a big pay NIL team. Jesus F man.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Texas 10x what we inject, FSU 3x, AZ actually less. Fish is real.

Fifita QB (is he a backup? Dunno…) $353k, tho. 3x HH. Low-ranked team QB talent metrically. 9-3. Hung 59 on ASU today. Threw for 527 yards. That’s what a little money can do.

Fifita’s success wasn’t about buying a QB. He was a 3-star they identified and developed.

Then either pay them yourself so you can come back here and cram it down our throats or go be a fan of a big pay NIL team. Jesus F man.
It’s the athletic department. They’re sitting waiting for the NCAA to regulate things, evidently. This offseason will mean everything. Be very telling.

Fifita’s success wasn’t about buying a QB. He was a 3-star they identified and developed.
He’s their backup. Looked it up. De Laura was their 4*, got injured. Good coaching. Arizona’s success is an outlier in the top 25. But proof that underpaid teams can have good seasons here and there. They’re not gonna compete for any championships with their talent. They’ve had a good year. Same as we’d have had a chance at with a good QB. There are misses with paying talent. They got a big win with this guy. Hands down.

I knew you would, dimwit.

There's little NIL activity in Tucson around the football program. Any cash being spent is being spent on the basketball players. By the looks of the hoops team, they spent it well.

I bet one of the car dealerships will put something together for Fafita soon enough.

There's little NIL activity in Tucson around the football program. Any cash being spent is being spent on the basketball players. By the looks of the hoops team, they spent it well.

I bet one of the car dealerships will put something together for Fafita soon enough.
He’s paid. I figured he’d have been a transfer with that value. He wasn’t. They developed him. Good 3*. Shit 527yd, holy cow…

He’s paid. I figured he’d have been a transfer with that value. He wasn’t. They developed him. Good 3*. Shit 527yd, holy cow…
Fisch is a really good coach. What he's done to that roster in 3 season is impressive.

The football team is an after thought there and the "go to" donors have been tapped for 2 big buyouts and facility upgrades over the last 8 years. Plus it's a basketball school. They aren't dropping a ton of cash on the football team.

Fisch is a really good coach. What he's done to that roster in 3 season is impressive.

The football team is an after thought there and the "go to" donors have been tapped for 2 big buyouts and facility upgrades over the last 8 years. Plus it's a basketball school. They aren't dropping a ton of cash on the football team.
Well, we’re a volleyball school now. And the Hoibergers are makin’ some noise. Fred’s already earned another year, MAYBE. Best start in 15y. We’re paying Kaisei exponentially more than any FB player on the squad. Consider that.

Well, we’re a volleyball school now. And the Hoibergers are makin’ some noise. Fred’s already earned another year, MAYBE. Best start in 15y. We’re paying Kaisei exponentially more than any FB player on the squad. Consider that.

I thought you had no idea how the NIL money is spent? Now you know that Kaisei makes more than anyone on that football team?

Also, I’m pretty sure foreign players can’t get NIL money. This was an issue with Nouili.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT