ADVERTISEMENT

There’s hope for us

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
Missouri is going to win 10 games in the SEC.

They play smart football and don’t shoot themselves in the foot.

If we can somehow figure out how to not lead the country turnovers, that might be a good start. I’m talking to the quarterbacks. They are the reason we had such a poor season. 90% falls on them.

If we can somehow figure out how to not lead the country turnovers, that might be a good start. I’m talking to the quarterbacks. They are the reason we had such a poor season. 90% falls on them.
90% is on the shoulders of our AD and interaction with our NIL initiative. It’s not on our athletes. They did the best they could, we shouldn’t fault them AT ALL… they played to their level. Pure and simple.

I would love for this program to find an athletic QB that can beat you with his arm or feet. Someone in the mold of Lamar Jackson, and at least one stud receiver we could rely on. That would be my wish.

I would love for this program to find an athletic QB that can beat you with his arm or feet. Someone in the mold of Lamar Jackson, and at least one stud receiver we could rely on. That would be my wish.
Lamar Jackson gets paid $2M a year in college. Digest that.

We did get one. His name is Jeff sims.

Drinkwitz is a good example, as is Leipold at KU (although Leipold's situation at KU was likely more difficult than Mizzou). Mizzou was mediocre, at best, during Drinkwitz's first 3 seasons - and there was a lot of pressure on him to take it up a notch this season. He has really delivered - beating the teams he should beat.

LL was 2-10 in year one, 6-7 last year, and will probably head into bowl season 8-4 this year.

I hate NU's season this year, but am still optimistic that Rhule will turn NU back into a winning program.

Drinkwitz is a good example, as is Leipold at KU (although Leipold's situation at KU was likely more difficult than Mizzou). Mizzou was mediocre, at best, during Drinkwitz's first 3 seasons - and there was a lot of pressure on him to take it up a notch this season. He has really delivered - beating the teams he should beat.

LL was 2-10 in year one, 6-7 last year, and will probably head into bowl season 8-4 this year.

I hate NU's season this year, but am still optimistic that Rhule will turn NU back into a winning program.
Just as soon as he gets a quarterback

You need to understand what I’m saying. Someone who has those similar kind of skills.
They’d be paid to go elsewhere, according to our current standards. We CAN’T have that player. They will goto where they’re paid to get to an NFL contract otherwise.

You must be Coach Satterfield. His QB recruiting sucked. His QB coaching sucked. His play design sucked. His decisions of when to run vs pass sucked. His red zone play calling sucked. You need to look at his coaching resume again. It’s mediocre at best.

I want you to put me on ignore
I won’t. Have only done that once in my history on this board. Don't believe in that. My tune will change, buddy, believe me. Think we’re mostly on the same page.

I will not, until we shut down our program, or pony up enough to be good. Ignore me. Not wrong. It’s ALL on what we spend.
Youre Stupid Sonic The Hedgehog GIF by Mashed

Might have to offer more money than some place like USC, Miami, Florida, etc. due to the fact that we have long cold winters, which makes recruiting more difficult at Nebraska.
Nah, if a kid wants to play football, he should want to go where he will get the best coaching. If they care about night life and beaches, they're already soft AF. We need guys that live, breathe and eat football but also don't soil themselves. Rhule needs to upgrade QB coaching this offseason, at the very least.

Drinkwitz hasn't been afraid to fire underperforming assistant coaches. He brought in a great new offensive coordinator this year who wasn't an old drinking buddy of his. If Rhule does the same after this season, I'll cut him a lot more slack.

Drinkwitz hasn't been afraid to fire underperforming assistant coaches. He brought in a great new offensive coordinator this year who wasn't an old drinking buddy of his. If Rhule does the same after this season, I'll cut him a lot more slack.
It could possibly happen in year 3

Nah, if a kid wants to play football, he should want to go where he will get the best coaching. If they care about night life and beaches, they're already soft AF. We need guys that live, breathe and eat football but also don't soil themselves. Rhule needs to upgrade QB coaching this offseason, at the very least.
^^^^^ this is why we’re losing. I’m f*cking 50 and saw the good years, feel fortunate to have done so, but these ^ guys are the reason we’re losing, because they have no clue as to the thinking of the generation of kids they’re bashing in saying it. We’re freely passing on 95% of the talent who *MIGHT otherwise who’ve come play for us.

Reactions: V-Doub and Bertimos
Purdy started his second game of the year against one of the best defenses in the conference and really only made 2 mistakes. Not sure QB coaching has been the biggest issue. Starter selection and injuries have been bigger issues IMO. I’m encouraged by Purdy’s overall play. When teams load the box to stop the run and a young QB has to throw that much your going to have INTs. He threw one. ☹️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT