ADVERTISEMENT

There’s hope for us

Lots of young players

We played a large part of the game with 2 true freshmen on the D line. Amazing. D should be good again next year. Purdy potentially has 3 years left with a medical redshirt possibility. Emmett has 3 years left. Schedule gets tougher next year but I’m optimistic about the guys we have returning who will be in their 2nd years in the new systems. Have to retain White.

Alot of armchair qbs and coaches get on here and rip coaches for a 5-7 season. come on guys this all started back when Solich was fired. 8 and 9 win seasons was not good enough. What would you give to have Frank back today?! We have some holes in the roster, a ton of injuries at key position and an OL that looked better the last two games. A qb coach and assistant head coach to help Rhule with clock management. Chubba look good considering the surrounding cast. Mid level recievers, mid level rb and poor coaching by MS and MR.

Purdy started his second game of the year against one of the best defenses in the conference and really only made 2 mistakes. Not sure QB coaching has been the biggest issue. Starter selection and injuries have been bigger issues IMO. I’m encouraged by Purdy’s overall play. When teams load the box to stop the run and a young QB has to throw that much your going to have INTs. He threw one. ☹️
This was his fourth year of playing college football. He’s not exactly 18. He’s probably 22.

This assumes the good young players won't enter the transfer portal. Like Ernest Hausman did last year.
Are you assuming there is going to be a mass migration of huskers to the portal?

Don't see that happening. Some guys will leave, but not huge numbers.

Reactions: headcard
I think Rhule has improved the culture to the point that most players will want to stay. A lot of players got a chance to play, received some good coaching, and expect more of that. Probably also expect winning to follow.

The problem will be if anybody with NIL pockets or better teams specifically target some young talent they like.

The biggest issue is attracting the portal QB we need. We cant just roll with last years room + Kaelin, and we need starter quality not simply depth.

Are you assuming there is going to be a mass migration of huskers to the portal?

Don't see that happening. Some guys will leave, but not huge numbers.

I'm saying we should be prepared for other programs coming after the good young players like Princewill and Lenhardt. They did it with Hausman last year, and Casey Rogers the year before.

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
90% is on the shoulders of our AD and interaction with our NIL initiative. It’s not on our athletes. They did the best they could, we shouldn’t fault them AT ALL… they played to their level. Pure and simple.
Cause throwing money at a problem always works

Reactions: dinglefritz
We played a large part of the game with 2 true freshmen on the D line. Amazing. D should be good again next year. Purdy potentially has 3 years left with a medical redshirt possibility. Emmett has 3 years left. Schedule gets tougher next year but I’m optimistic about the guys we have returning who will be in their 2nd years in the new systems. Have to retain White.
The schedule is actually better next year. We finally get a warm up game against a non-P5 team in UNLV instead of a sloppy Big 10 matchup that always favors the team with more experienced starters. I've hated that scheduling decision every season. Colorado the following week is at home, the N Iowa, and Illinois at home. First four games at home.
Then it's at Purdue before another home game against Rutgers.
Then there's a nice bye week followed by a road game at Indiana and then the toughest game at Ohio St.
Then UCLA comes to town on Nov 2. Another off week. Then At USC. Wisc at home and then at Iowa.
That is a much better schedule in my opinion.

This was his fourth year of playing college football. He’s not exactly 18. He’s probably 22.
He’s still hardly played in that time. He made 2 mistakes yesterday. He threw one bad pass where he didn’t see the defender getting that deep. Dude can play.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Cause throwing money at a problem always works
Better athletes win more games. Better athletes, currently, because NIL gets 18 year-olds paid, cost MONEY. So yeah, we ABSOLUTELY need to throw money at the problem, carefully and systematically. A SHIT TON of it.

90% is on the shoulders of our AD and interaction with our NIL initiative. It’s not on our athletes. They did the best they could, we shouldn’t fault them AT ALL… they played to their level. Pure and simple.
Yeah, don't blame the poor D1 QBs getting a free education. They didn't have to be great, they just needed to take of the F-ing ball! People need to stop making excuses for players.

Better athletes win more games. Better athletes, currently, because NIL gets 18 year-olds paid, cost MONEY. So yeah, we ABSOLUTELY need to throw money at the problem, carefully and systematically. A SHIT TON of it.
Cant get any kind of invested in guys that will leave at the drop of a few more dollars.
You guys can have your NIL deepthroating and tell us how things have changed, as if that means its for the better.
Hard for me to cheer for a team full of people who are only going to be there because the price was the highest.
Enjoy your new era. The madness will only get worse.
I'm from the old and we may be on the way out, but not selling my soul for the love of money is still important to me. I KNOW it's not for the younger people.

I know I know. Its not that serious, guy. Just being overly dramatic. Whatever.

TLDR: Get off my lawn.

Purdy was devastated at the end of the game and had his team rallying behind him. Love to see that. Turn that into motivation and take that into the offseason.
I think Purdy can do well here.

After seeing all 3 quarterbacks, it became clear that Purdy was our best option.

Now I hope the reason he was 3rd on the depth chart was because of injury because if he was healthy, then you have to wonder why he was 3rd on the depth chart. That's definitely a coaching issue.

I realize there's stuff that goes on that us fans don't know about which determine playing time and I'm willing to give our coaches the benefit of the doubt, given that they did finally get him on the field at the end of the year.

That said, if they don't fix the punt return game next year, I'm gonna be pissed.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Cant get any kind of invested in guys that will leave at the drop of a few more dollars.
You guys can have your NIL deepthroating and tell us how things have changed, as if that means its for the better.
Hard for me to cheer for a team full of people who are only going to be there because the price was the highest.
Enjoy your new era. The madness will only get worse.
I'm from the old and we may be on the way out, but not selling my soul for the love of money is still important to me. I KNOW it's not for the younger people.

I know I know. Its not that serious, guy. Just being overly dramatic. Whatever.

TLDR: Get off my lawn.
I think limiting transfers significantly would be a huge benefit. Maybe once, and none of this ‘mental health’ BS. That’s gonna get abused by everyone.

I think Purdy can do well here.

After seeing all 3 quarterbacks, it became clear that Purdy was our best option.

Now I hope the reason he was 3rd on the depth chart was because of injury because if he was healthy, then you have to wonder why he was 3rd on the depth chart. That's definitely a coaching issue.

I realize there's stuff that goes on that us fans don't know about which determine playing time and I'm willing to give our coaches the benefit of the doubt, given that they did finally get him on the field at the end of the year.

That said, if they don't fix the punt return game next year, I'm gonna be pissed.
Punt return game needs a different kind of athlete back there who also has great hands. We’ve faced some punters with very good hang time and that makes it tough. By contrast Buschini has been very inconsistent for us.

Then get out your check book big guy

Reactions: headcard
Then get out your check book big guy
He says he has. I believe our NIL coop is doing what it’s supposed to do but the guys we’re trying to attract can get similar deals from programs that are already winning.

stop doing meth.

Just because you throw a lot of NIL money at a player who isn't interested in playing for your team, but you are high bidder, will he give that team his all?

He says he has. I believe our NIL coop is doing what it’s supposed to do but the guys we’re trying to attract can get similar deals from programs that are already winning.
Watching Washington vs Wazzu just now… gotta tell ya Michael Penix Jr and this Rome Odunze are f’ing good, man. Just those two guys make their offense formidable and effective. Look like a top four team.

$1.2M and $645k, respectively. Just sayin.

No reason to keep Satterfield. He has never produced an even above-average offense during his entire career. And no good transfer portal QB is going to come here to play for him.
No one is firing their OC after year 1 with this bandaged offense. Doesn’t matter the opinion on them. It won’t happen when there’s an excuse for it.

Do I think he’s the right OC? Not really. Do I think he did adjust to his personnel and injuries? Yes. So there is some credit due.

No one is firing their OC after year 1 with this bandaged offense. Doesn’t matter the opinion on them. It won’t happen when there’s an excuse for it.

Do I think he’s the right OC? Not really. Do I think he did adjust to his personnel and injuries? Yes. So there is some credit due.
If we had last years wr and qb crew, we would have put up serious points this year. Did I have problems with satt’s play calling at times? Of course. As a fan, I can’t help but Monday morning qb and question calls. But I’m also not privy to all the information, game plan and in game strategy. But at the end of the day, he called a lot of plays that were there for the taking and our guys couldn’t execute. Is that his fault for asking more than they could do? Maybe. But we were also so limited offensively, I’m not sure there was anything they could call that would have been successful for sustained periods.

Reactions: 2NU67 and JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT