ADVERTISEMENT

The Polar Bear is N

"Scott Frost is just a very impressive guy to talk to," added Joe Hutmacher, Nash's father. "I think we're going to see something special out at Nebraska over the next few years. I really do."

In an effort to make Hutmacher feel comfortable during his official visit in April, the Nebraska coaches took their prized recruit fishing (one of his favorite pastimes), using the time away from Memorial Stadium to map out their vision for the program and load him up with facts about Lincoln.

"They don't feed you BS. They tell you how it is," Nash said of the Nebraska coaches, who were the first to offer him a football scholarship last year. "The big reason I chose Nebraska is coach Frost and the coaching staff. I really, really liked those guys."

great pick up --- I just hope the program doesn't receive the death penalty for providing improper benefits in the form of a fishing license or even worse allowing a recruit to fish without a license. I'm sure the NCAA is also going to want to see some documentation that he didn't catch over his limit.

Don’t worry. He eats his catch...raw...in the boat. No evidence.

He's a 4 star on TOS. I imagine he will get that 4th star from Rivals. Like last year it took them awhile to get Henrich correct. GBR

I’m wondering if it will be tough for Rivals to go re-rate him since he didn’t put out a full 2018 highlight tape?

Watched the sophomore highlights and what was there from 2018. He shows some flashes for sure of being a mauler. He’ll need to keep working on his feet, but seems to have the tools to improve there.

Great great get. Building up the lines is so important, I just don’t see how this kid fails. Seems like if he lived in Georgia he’d be a 6.0 4 star. Love it.
I don't normally like to heap too many expectations on a kid BUT IMO he has the potential to be a true difference maker for us. I also think he has the athleticism and mental makeup to play on Sundays some day. Just has to kick some butt at NU and stay healthy. Probably my number one recruit.

I don't normally like to heap too many expectations on a kid BUT IMO he has the potential to be a true difference maker for us. I also think he has the athleticism and mental makeup to play on Sundays some day. Just has to kick some butt at NU and stay healthy. Probably my number one recruit.

Definitely what I’m thinking. Then we add in Ty Robinson and Tate Wildeman next to him, that’s a great Dline for our 3-4 for years to come. Definitely excited for the future on the Dline.

Agreed. Also think he is difficult to evaluate because a lot of the kids he destroys are 50+ pounds lighter than him. But his sheer strength, athleticism and understanding of leverage and angles from wrestling just make me think he’s a can’t miss kid. Plus from all accounts he’s a high iq high work ethic guy.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Love getting these dominate wrasslers on the line.. His hands and leverage will serve him well for us on the dline and finally... welcome aboard big guy!!

YESSSS!!!! GBR!!!!
NsVRzNd.gif

Agreed. Also think he is difficult to evaluate because a lot of the kids he destroys are 50+ pounds lighter than him. But his sheer strength, athleticism and understanding of leverage and angles from wrestling just make me think he’s a can’t miss kid. Plus from all accounts he’s a high iq high work ethic guy.
Agree, but Tanner Farmer was also a dominant wressler.

Straight up. Is this man going to wrestle for NU? Top ranked heavyweight in the country has to want to dominate in college. Plano says he's doing football only. No, I didn't read any articles. :D

Reactions: huskerssalts
Straight up. Is this man going to wrestle for NU? Top ranked heavyweight in the country has to want to dominate in college. Plano says he's doing football only. No, I didn't read any articles. :D
I think he'll be tempted to do it, but as of right now he says he'll concentrate on football. His odds of making a career of it are a lot better in football IMO. I don't think people understand how strong and athletic this kid is. I can guarantee you this, coming from central South Dakota, he'll be a tough SOB.

Just a shout out to Nash.

It’s been fun watching him become our best player.

Contributing some fun moments with wrestling team was just icing on the cake.

Great Husker. Hope he has a huge year and shoots up the draft board next spring.
Is he getting better as a wrestler? I know he didn't wrestle when he first got here so he could give his attention to football.

Is he getting better as a wrestler? I know he didn't wrestle when he first got here so he could give his attention to football.

He got better as a wrestler in the short time he wrestled this past season. He would be an All-American if he focused solely on the sport, as he had/has that much potential. It would have been nice to have seen how good he could have been if that were the case, but football is definitely where he will have the most success. To be honest, not sure he comes to Nebraska if he were solely a wrestler. (I follow college wrestling recruiting even less than college FB)

To be honest, not sure he comes to Nebraska if he were solely a wrestler. (I follow college wrestling recruiting even less than college FB)
agree

If he was only a wrestler he’d have had a chance anywhere assuming his grades were good coming out of hs

But there are surely worst things than wrestling for Mark Manning, who’s landed his fair share of top recruits

Reactions: huskerfan66
Just a shout out to Nash.

It’s been fun watching him become our best player.

Contributing some fun moments with wrestling team was just icing on the cake.

Great Husker. Hope he has a huge year and shoots up the draft board next spring.
Reading through this thread, I totally forgot about Huskersalts. Dude used to live on this board and then poof.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT