ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Wrestling vs. Wisky

Penn State is a dynasty and will continue for a long time. No team is even close. What Mark Manning has built at Nebraska is remarkable. Still can't get over the Iowa hump, but Huskers have a very solid program.
Yep. Years and years ago, my dad said that Penn State was a sleeping giant with the ridiculous amount of talent in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.. they finally got the right coach and they can have the pic of those guys in addition to the best coming out of California.

There’s still a lot of talents available, but they are not quite at Penn States level. Sometimes you get a guy and he develops into a contender, but that’s not gonna happen that often. Then of course you’ve got NIL to pull guys from lesser programs to better ones

Yep. Years and years ago, my dad said that Penn State was a sleeping giant with the ridiculous amount of talent in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.. they finally got the right coach and they can have the pic of those guys in addition to the best coming out of California.

There’s still a lot of talents available, but they are not quite at Penn States level. Sometimes you get a guy and he develops into a contender, but that’s not gonna happen that often. Then of course you’ve got NIL to pull guys from lesser programs to better ones
Very right you are, Sir.

The difference between Penn State and everyone else, including #2 ranked team, is amazing. Seems to grow a little more each of the past several years. I just looked at WrestleStat rankings and Penn State has 9 of 10 weight classes with an individual ranked in the top 10. The lone guy outside the top 10 was ranked #11. Compare that with Nebraska, who has 4 in the top 10 (Robb dropped to #11).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT