ADVERTISEMENT

The next 2 games

Crazyhole

All-American
Jun 4, 2004
Are the perfect opportunity to pass the QB torch. We can't keep doing the same thing over and over, or waiting for Martinez to get injured so we can throw a greenhorn to the wolves. Pick one of the next 2 guys and go with him. Even with a freshman qb, we should have at least a 50% chance of beating Fordham and Buffalo so if ever there was a time to break in a new qb it's now.

While I am just as eager to see the AM chapter of misery done with, I doubt Frost would make the change that quickly. One thing the next two games SHOULD do is provide playing time for the backup QBs, which may speed up the transition after the Oklahoma game.

Reactions: BleedRed78
While I am just as eager to see the AM chapter of misery done with, I doubt Frost would make the change that quickly. One thing the next two games SHOULD do is provide playing time for the backup QBs, which may speed up the transition after the Oklahoma game.
Agreed.

The loyalty is admirable. And you want to play for someone that has your back.

At the same time its crippling. And other players see favoritism.

I personally rest Martinez for the next two and not risk injury. Lets be honest... hes not winning a heisman.

See what happens from there.

Agreed.

I personally rest Martinez for the next two and not risk injury. Lets be honest... hes not winning a heisman.

I don't think Frost has a blind loyalty to Martinez. He benched him last year for Luke and we saw what happened... it probably cost us the Illinois game.

I just think Frost knows the alternatives are worse. Which of course is his fault in the first place... but I see no reason to believe he's being blindly loyal to or playing favorites with Martinez.

I don't think Frost has a blind loyalty to Martinez. He benched him last year for Luke and we saw what happened... it probably cost us the Illinois game.

I just think Frost knows the alternatives are worse. Which of course is his fault in the first place... but I see no reason to believe he's being blindly loyal to or playing favorites with Martinez.
If he wasn't he would've gotten another QB from the portal.

Fordham is an easy win. Play the other QBs and see what they’ve got.
Buffalo is better than people think. That one won’t be a cakewalk.

Don’t you think Frost is actually trying to win football games? I know sometimes it looks like he is intentionally losing but he isn’t. He is not going to start a back up unless he thinks they give NU a better shot to win. And none of the backups are better options.

How do you know he didn’t try? There were likely very few P5 quality starting QBs in the portal, if any, and they’d be in high demand from a lot of teams.
Sorry it would've come out. Plenty of QBs, we needed another one to at least back up AM, instead we are stuck with no experience behind him.

Don’t you think Frost is actually trying to win football games? I know sometimes it looks like he is intentionally losing but he isn’t. He is not going to start a back up unless he thinks they give NU a better shot to win. And none of the backups are better options.
This is the unfortunate reality. AM gives us the best chance to win—-he’s our best overall QB. Gonna’ be a long season and we’ll get our heads handed to us by a lot of opponents. Couple that with this coaching staffs seeming inability to get their players to believe they can win and play with confidence. Got to change some things quickly or Scott’s days could be numbered.

TO was pretty loyal this his quarterbacks but even Tom knew when to pull the trigger thinking back to 1992 mike grant was the starting quarterback for the first couple games that year but the team was going backwards so he inserts a freshman quarterback by the name of tommie Frazier and the rest is history, I highly doubt we have the next tommie Frazier but you never know until then next one is tried

TO was pretty loyal this his quarterbacks but even Tom knew when to pull the trigger thinking back to 1992 mike grant was the starting quarterback for the first couple games that year but the team was going backwards so he inserts a freshman quarterback by the name of tommie Frazier and the rest is history, I highly doubt we have the next tommie Frazier but you never know until then next one is tried
Yep, backups have to at least be given a shot to see what they can do in real games.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Agreed.

good call our back up qb needs reps

If he wasn't he would've gotten another QB from the portal.
This. The refusal to go out and get a real QB on the roster shows how arrogant and stubborn he is. He is also, along with his QB coach, a lousy analyst of QB talent. Because it seems they really do think Martinez is a good QB. And don’t tell me there weren’t serviceable QB’s out there in the portal who would have been willing to come here. That Illinois back up QB was a transfer from Rutgers. A nobody. Rode the pine at Rutgers for crying out loud. And he just shredded our defense. Frost’s failure at Nebraska can be tied to two main factors: 1. He stubbornly hitched his wagon to Martinez. 2. He brought with him a third rate coaching staff.

This. The refusal to go out and get a real QB on the roster shows how arrogant and stubborn he is. He is also, along with his QB coach, a lousy analyst of QB talent. Because it seems they really do think Martinez is a good QB. And don’t tell me there weren’t serviceable QB’s out there in the portal who would have been willing to come here. That Illinois back up QB was a transfer from Rutgers. A nobody. Rode the pine at Rutgers for crying out loud. And he just shredded our defense. Frost’s failure at Nebraska can be tied to two main factors: 1. He stubbornly hitched his wagon to Martinez. 2. He brought with him a third rate coaching staff.
The problem is that the high school kid knew he’d have to wait to play because adrian was the guy. Why would any kid want to come play quarterback at Nebraska when they knew they wouldn’t play unless Martinez got hurt. I know he benched him last year for a kid that was a project Luke wasn’t a quarterback

Your last 2 are spot on in my opinion especially were he brought with him a third rate staff they caught lighting in a bottle..

And what coach doesn’t not take special teams seriously winning games..

Are the perfect opportunity to pass the QB torch. We can't keep doing the same thing over and over, or waiting for Martinez to get injured so we can throw a greenhorn to the wolves. Pick one of the next 2 guys and go with him. Even with a freshman qb, we should have at least a 50% chance of beating Fordham and Buffalo so if ever there was a time to break in a new qb it's now.
If Frost is planning to be here next year, this is absolutely what he needs to do. AM is not NFL material, no harm done there, and if Frost does still have a job next year he will be on very thin ice and he won't want to be breaking in a brand new QB.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
There's zero harm in benching AM and seeing what the other guys have. If one of them doesn't look like he clearly has "it", just go back to AM and be resolved to losing a lot more games. We know what AM is. He's not going to improve from what you just saw. He's also not going to suffer from sitting a couple games. How could he be worse? I guess there's an argument that he could use the next two games to "gel" with new receivers, etc. But honestly that all seems like pie in the sky bullshit, doesn't it? He is what he is, and if you still think he's magically going to turn in to a QB that can lead us to a winning record I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I'd like to talk to you about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT